Unless you have a 50 Op with power/surge enhancements stop the qq.

Hiro_Vitality

As stated. Unless you're a level 50 operative with power/surge enhancement 22's hitting a fully geared battlemaster tank for 6k+ on the opener and 2-4k for each lacerate then s t f u.

You don't know what your class is capable of.

And as for PvE. Stabby stabby is the wrong build. Get DoTs or get out.

For those of you who still have doubts. Check it: (@ 1:15 He crits a tank for 5k. How do I know it's a tank? Dark Charge on his saber Immediately gives even a dps Assassin min 60% damage resist + shield [40% base]. That's if he's not wearing any tank gear.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeMGzFJJDVU

Edited by Hiro_Vitality

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before nerf mb yes.With surge and power we could crit for 6k

But BW wants to completely kill the class and we will see hut balls games sorcs agains merc.

Ops are only good for healing now....sucks...

Edited by eromen

As stated. Unless you're a level 50 operative with power/surge enhancement 22's hitting a fully geared battlemaster tank for 6k+ on the opener and 2-4k for each lacerate then s t f u.

Lethality is complete garbage for pve, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Lethality is one of the top PVE DPSs going. YOU have no idea *** you're talking about. Conceal was never great pve dps, sure it has burst, but it has no steady dps. With a boss to beat on, lethality leaves concealment dps in the dust now prenerf, and will afterward.

Also 11 med rest lethal for hot TA regen does WAY more damage in a warzone overall. Yeah its dots, and u have less burst than conceal, but Ive seen the spec pull 600k+ dmg during one W and u have some survivability w the hot. Operative is far from dead, cant wait for the loser players to reroll something else.

Edited by Kulrah

Lethality sucks for single target pve dps.

AoE dots do nothing if there is only 1 enemy.

Concealment is fine for sustained dps as long as you manage energy appropriately and maintain stim boost and corrosive dart. In PvE i have to constantly use countermeasures because my damage is at times too good that even a powertech sometimes having problems maintaining aggro.

Difference is, PvE dps rotations are not conducive to PvP because its too hard to maintain any type of formal rotation in PvP.

Edited by GeoLager

Lethality is one of the top PVE DPSs going. YOU have no idea *** you're talking about. Conceal was never great pve dps, sure it has burst, but it has no steady dps. With a boss to beat on, lethality leaves concealment dps in the dust now prenerf, and will afterward.

Also 11 med rest lethal for hot TA regen does WAY more damage in a warzone overall. Yeah its dots, and u have less burst than conceal, but Ive seen the spec pull 600k+ dmg during one W and u have some survivability w the hot. Operative is far from dead, cant wait for the loser players to reroll something else.

Shocking expose that Aoe damage does better than single target, News at 11.

Comming up next our special on people that dont dispel!

11 just gets the probe, need at least 16 for 10% chance for hot TA, nice try

cool story bro. paps told you that for good night ?

YO! I heard you like fail - so post more fail so we can lol.

Edited by Crawler

Sorry I do not meet your list of qualifications. I guess Bio 400 and 6 champion isnt good enough.

This is why I think a concealment op now sucks.

First off, hidden strike was basically all we have. We have no survivability other than stealth. And guess what? Bioware sucks at fixing their own bugs, so cloaking screen, evasion and shield probe never go off anymore. I have spammed these abilities for 10-20 seconds at a time. Ziltch.

This isn't lag mind you. There is no delay. I quite simply push the button. see it getting depressed and nothing happens.

Need to get out of combat? Good luck. Need a second to throw the damn huttball? Sorry, our horrible armor will just have to carry us now.

Now lets look at huttball. As a melee dps class, I have to run around and get the drop. Cool. I cannot snipe from range or odd angles. I have to walk up and stab you in the back. There is zero advantage I get over another class in huttball.

No knockback. No speed. No decent AoE. No pull, no push, no grapple. No damage mitigation that works. (see button bug above) Squat. Concealment operatives are quite possibly the worst class to have in huttball. And guess what? That is all you get to play now. A battleground that no concealment op ever plays is the only one I now get.

I wanted to play a non-jedi imperial dps class operating from stealth. This is as close as you could get. If the HS burst is gone, might as well call it a day. I am a glutton for punishment I guess, so I will continue to play huttball....zone in, stealth and just mooch off the rest of the team.

See you invis in huttball soon!

That's why you don't pvp with dots.

You don't pve with it either because its garbage.

Want to play lethality, you should have chosen sniper as your AC.

30m range and no reliance on having tactical advantage > Operatives pygmy version of lethality.

love how these noobs who cried for ops to get nerfed have no clue about the class they nerfed

I agree, sniper Lethality is much nicer with it's range. However, in PvE, operatives don't need the range to hit major sustained dps on raid bosses. Try this out next time.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401bfZhZGrbkrMhdhR.1

Weakening blast, set up your poisons, then Cull for over 6k crits on bosses every tactical advantage. Rinse-Repeat. Adrenaline probe, power/surge boost, stim boost when needed. Easily hit nearly 18k dp/sec.

One of the highest dps for PvE in the game atm. Second only to Marauders and Snipers.

Edited by Hiro_Vitality

. Easily hit nearly 18k dps/sec.

ok seriously im rolling on the floor now.

You realise GCD is 1.5s right ? even if you would cull every gcd for 6k you would need 14k dps in dots buahaha

PS. DPS/sec makes no sense

Edited by Crawler

OP does bring up a good point. The difference between an operative in full champion gear and one that is in full champ gear with min/maxed mods is like permanently having a surge and power relic going at all times for the min/max guy.

You forget AoE.

yea corrosive granade is so cool to hit 3 targts.

Or maybe you found way to use carabine burst without TA? no ?

Ok that then leaves Orbital strike. lets assume it does 3k every 3s - 1k dps. so you need 12 targets to hit those 12k dps . But its only durign 9s as ability hits 3 times. In this sense you would raid with lethality due to its dps durign burst.

3 strikes 3k ea on 60s cd makes 9k mult amount of target = 60x 12k -> 80 targets

listen up folks you only need 80 targets to get a wooping 12k dps from orbital strike ... kickass!

OP does bring up a good point. The difference between an operative in full champion gear and one that is in full champ gear with min/maxed mods is like permanently having a surge and power relic going at all times for the min/max guy.

You do realise DR on crit and surge?

and that if you go this way trinket will give you hald benefit then it did ealier and your dps will drop considerably. But if you want to open -> HS didnt crit -> retreat -sure you can do that.

Edited by Crawler

I agree, sniper Lethality is much nicer with it's range. However, in PvE, operatives don't need the range to hit major sustained dps on raid bosses. Try this out next time.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401bfZhZGrbkrMhdhR.1

Weakening blast, set up your poisons, then Cull for over 6k crits on bosses every tactical advantage. Rinse-Repeat. Adrenaline probe, power/surge boost, stim boost when needed. Easily hit nearly 18k dp/sec.

One of the highest dps for PvE in the game atm. Second only to Marauders and Snipers.

Have you ever actually tried this spec?

It's a goobledy gooped mess in rotation and its GCD locked.

Typical rotation is:

Hiddenstrike to open>stim boost>weakened blast>corrosive dart>>corrosive grenade>shiv>cull>backstab>overload shot>weakneing blast>corrosive dart>shiv>cull>overload shot>and on and on until you have carpal tunnel syndrome and has worse dps than concealment.

Edited by GeoLager

You do realise DR on crit and surge?

and that if you go this way trinket will give you hald benefit then it did ealier and your dps will drop considerably. But if you want to open -> HS didnt crit -> retreat -sure you can do that.

Of course I realize there is DR on crit and surge. There is no DR on power, though. My gear is setup to give ~40% crit, 400+ power, and 87% surge. I plan to kill people for more than just 20s out of every 2 minutes, so I don't rely on a crit/surge relic or surge adrenal to give me the stats I need to do good damage, especially now that expertise consumable shares a cooldown with adrenals and is much better. I have both a power relic and a crit/surge relic (mainly because +51 expertise each) and even though the crit/surge relic only gives me 8% more surge, it still gives a solid benefit when I use it.

What makes you think surge/power only increases the damage on hidden strike... and that I'd need to run away if it doesn't crit? Considering our main attacks don't require accuracy at all, stacking stats that increase damage instead works very well.

Of course I realize there is DR on crit and surge. There is no DR on power, though. My gear is setup to give ~40% crit, 400+ power, and 87% surge. I plan to kill people for more than just 20s out of every 2 minutes, so I don't rely on a crit/surge relic or surge adrenal to give me the stats I need to do good damage, especially now that expertise consumable shares a cooldown with adrenals and is much better. I have both a power relic and a crit/surge relic (mainly because +51 expertise each) and even though the crit/surge relic only gives me 8% more surge, it still gives a solid benefit when I use it.

What makes you think surge/power only increases the damage on hidden strike... and that I'd need to run away if it doesn't crit? Considering our main attacks don't require accuracy at all, stacking stats that increase damage instead works very well.

accuracy is bioware major fail - due to way things work the top 3 pvp classes - sorc merc and op dont need accuracy at all. Plain stupid and gives them major advantge over rest. If they would have something in shape of brain they would add flat 5 resist for everyone already.

As for stacking surge like i mean - you dont crit your damage is sh. (but i obviously agree thats the way pvp is now) I would rather have better average damage and just use relic to give crits the extra ~20 %

I dont have biochem but i belive surge adrenal do stack with pvp pickup buff.

Edited by Crawler

accuracy is bioware major fail - due to way things work the top 3 pvp classes - sorc merc and op dont need accuracy at all. Plain stupid and gives them major advantge over rest. If they would have something in shape of brain they would add flat 5 resist for everyone already.

As for stacking surge like i mean - you dont crit your damage is sh. (but i obviously agree thats the way pvp is now) I would rather have better average damage and just use relic to give crits the extra ~20 %

I dont have biochem but i belive surge adrenal do stack with pvp pickup buff.

Yeah I've been trying to point out the accuracy imbalance for a long time... of course it always gets buried beneath QQ.

With the current options for enhancements, there is no way to just stack power without choosing between accuracy and surge to go with it. The 23end/34power/48 surge enhancements are the best option that I've seen (though 23end 34crit 48 surge can be ok too), and that is what I use on all 5 moddable slots. Just because I use these enhancements doesn't mean my non-crit damage is ****... it just means my crit damage is huge. If you have some secret enhancements that are better and give more average damage, let me know.

Again, biochem adrenals share a cooldown with the expertise consumable. The choice is very easy. 15% extra expertise for 25s every 3m, or 565 extra power or surge for 15s every 3m. Is that not an easy choice?

Edited by Kutsus

thats lv 25 enhancement - our bm gear doenst have it ... so you actually got full bm before the commendation introduction and now buying some other class gear to get those? (sick) or raiding ?

we need to remember that before majority can change for 25enh in their gear alot of time is gonna pass (another day and no nm comm yey) and if we balance game around it then anyone that doesnt do it and use regular gear is gonan be f-ed.

and when talking about "better constant dps" i meant situation where accuracy would be needed stat... then acc+power enh and surge/crit from relict/adrenal for burst.

@adrenals - in wz you got 15% expertise _pickup_ i know it doesnt stack with pvp adrenal but it surely stack with rackata one.

Edited by Crawler

thats lv 25 enhancement - our bm gear doenst have it ... so you actually got full bm before the token introduction and now buying some other class gear to get those? (sick) or raiding ?

and when talking about "better constant dps" i meant situation where accuracy would be needed stat... then acc+power enh and surge/crit from relict/adrenal for burst.

@adrenals - in wz you got 15% expertise _pickup_ i know it doesnt stack with pvp adrenal but it surely stack with rackata one.

All lvl 58 enhancements in the game that I have seen have accuracy. Since accuracy is useless, I use champion/columi level enhancements (lvl 56) that have 23end/34power/48surge in every slot of my BM gear. I don't quite have full BM yet, still have champ legs/gloves. Obviously since accuracy isn't needed, I am not using it. I did save the accuracy enhancements in my bank though.

I got the lvl 56 enhancements between a couple pieces of PVP gear that had them (champ gloves/helm i think) and several columi pieces that I got while doing hardmodes to get all my rakata crap.

I know that the expertise consumable does not stack with the warzone red buff, but you can use them separately. When a red buff is not readily available, the expertise consumable is far, far stronger than a rakata adrenal. For this reason, I use the expertise consumables instead. You're the one preaching sustained damage here... The expertise consumable gives much more sustained damage (and sustained defense) over the duration of a warzone than a rakata adrenal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.