The Year of the Dragon - How will Bioware respond

SoulstitchMMO

Just to keep patching stuff and working on content.

The game has a lot of issues at the moment but I figure by April many of the easy issues will be fixed and the bigger ones would of had some fair time invested into them if they're not already fixed.

It's also nice to have new content coming out that I can go play.

Greetings, folks! We've removed a few posts from this thread and would like to explain why. While we understand that it's common for users to compare other games to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, and while we do allow that, we do ask that threads remain centered around discussing The Old Republic and not derail into giving opinions on other games.

Thanks for your understanding!

wow this game has been out fior a month and the "OMG! YOU BETTER FIX EVERY BUG OR THIS NEW UPCOMING MMO WILL KILL YOU MAN!" posts are already beginning.

you see this in every MMOs fourms every time a new MMO is on the horizen

The ability delay WILL kill this game, I hit stealth NINE TIMES last night, got a gcd, and the button lit back but didn't put me in stealth.

or my maul fires the animation but no damage.

So Bioware basically has until April to fix their problems with PVP and the UI and the Gameplay.

What do you think should be Biowares top priorities between now and April that will lock you into SWTOR?

I'm pretty much on the same page, the only thing preventing me from fully enjoying play time is UI/Action Bar lag, and to an extent PvP lag. I guess this could be my problem, even though my PC isn't very old ):

Edited by Meluna

create a non-boring game.

some ideas?

1. some variety in quests

2. reduce travel times

3. Make it so you actually change the world by your actions (yeah I know its not going to happen in swtor)

4. fix pvp, its still ********

5. allow ship customisation

6. create some non-human races, all of them are pretty much humans

7. put in the graphics the game was advertised with, right now it looks *****

8. Fix bugs and ability delay

9. fix melee to be useful

10. dymanic content - maybe planets under attack, vechiles like walkers and such...

11. .......could go on but htat will do for now.

You joined the forums beginning of December and already have 780+ posts. Between forum trolling and WoW, how much SWtOR have you even played, or are you just taking topics off the forum and posting them here as your "suggestions"?

Good observation.

/reply

Played WoW from the start. Tried Vanguard, tried Age of Conan, tried WAR, tried Rift. SWTOR is in a good spot for launch. It has some of the same problems all of the above had at launch.

I think the big difference with SWTOR is that it actually captured the attention of the mass market due to it's licence. This mass market didn't get into MMOs until WoW was a few years old and was much more refined than it was in it's first few months. Like every MMO before it, SWTORs problems will be fixed.

I feel sorry for the types of people who just want to jump off so fast and into other new MMOs. They'll just keep running into the same problems every MMO has on launch and will never be satisfied. No MMO is released in a "finished" state. The developer has to take a risk, pull the trigger, and get some income before they spend all their money and go bankrupt.

Edited by Stevegasm

1. UI customization

2. LFD tool (Q-able LFD tool) for Flash points

3. Put back in the High Res graphics from beta that is advertised in commercials.

4. Improve Endgame gear itemization and more endgame content over all.

I call this polish if we get this this will be a A+ MMO pve wise.

....... I'm serious, though. What's going on in April? Y2K coming back with a mean vengeance?

A wanna-be MMO will launch that supposedly has innovative mechanics (lol). It's free-to-play too so right away its resources and potential are a fraction of TOR's in the long run.

*Cue Soulstitch coming in and defending his beloved Guild Wars 2*. Can't wait till it comes out just so he disappears off these forums and stops making threads on this game. :rolleyes:

1-star for the thread.

Edited by Matteis

So Bioware basically has until April to fix their problems with PVP and the UI and the Gameplay.

What do you think should be Biowares top priorities between now and April that will lock you into SWTOR?

Hell yeah, Bioware has until April before the people with unrealistic expectations can go over to GW2 and be vocally disappointed there

create a non-boring game.

some ideas?

1. some variety in quests

I see this constantly and would love to hear your opinions on how to acomplish this in an MMO. Everyone says it, and hell I even believe it would be of a benefit, but no one ever has any real thought out ideas on how to acomplish this...

2. reduce travel times

Lowering the level you get sprint at and upping the speeder speeds would be nice.

3. Make it so you actually change the world by your actions (yeah I know its not going to happen in swtor)

Or any other MMO for that matter...

4. fix pvp, its still ********

5. allow ship customisation

6. create some non-human races, all of them are pretty much humans

Agreed.

7. put in the graphics the game was advertised with, right now it looks *****

Looks fine on my PC. Granted some high resolution textures would be nice. HD this game is not. But I also mildly understand that not being a priority for them.

8. Fix bugs and ability delay

That's a pretty constant thing in an MMO, the bug part anyways. Hell forget MMO's, games and even software in general. And they have announced that they're aware of the issue with Ability Delay and are working on a fix that will be rolled out as soon as it's ready.

9. fix melee to be useful

I don't have a lot of experience with this since I'm a PT, but my melee / close range is pretty fun and cool.

10. dymanic content - maybe planets under attack, vechiles like walkers and such...

That would be pretty cool, but every game I've ever seen attempt this has been pretty bad and was really clunky. I didn't like phasing in WoW because it made it hard to help guildies / friends with something if they hadn't done the quest line you had.

Customer service needs to be totally overhauled. I dont mean move people around. I mean

fire the person in charge of that dept. They need to make the game more mmo like.

Maybe a sandbox map where you do not have instance based quests and you actually see other people and can group up or just move around freely. They need to create more stuff

for people at 50 to do other than pvp. Its going to get better. Once the bean counters at

EA and Lucas start complaining about the drop in subs maybe then they will get a new team together.