Ball Handler pulled into Enemy Spawn: Empire Tactics

Satans_Puppet

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

this will give a huge impact on strategic gameplay... hopefully they wont fix it...

take a bountyhunter as something like a goalkeeper... so you need 2 players to outsmart him

Exactly! I do this on my vanguard whenever I am leaving spawn and it looks like an enemy might score. There are a few ways past this tactic. You will use less energy figuring these out as opposed to whining and trying to get BW to change their stance on it.

TICTACS. USE YO BRAIN.

TRUE STORY

there are ways to counter it, it's intended, cheating is encouraged in huttball. whining is not. ;)

You give the PvP devs of this game too much credit. I don't think much of anything in TOR PvP was "intended", much less thought through.

My guess regarding the huttball grapple exploit is that the devs didn't see it coming and now won't admit it and claim it was intended.

It's clearly an exploit though, whichever way you look at it.

It's all part of the rules of Huttball. You may not like it and think there is something morally wrong, but that's completely your own hangup. My grandmother thinks bluffing in poker is cheating, even though it's how the game is played. Goodness knows I've experienced my fair share of sneaky and underhanded tactics in WZ, but that's PvP and all of the frustrations that come with getting killed by a move you can't do or can't counter.

So while I do feel your frustration, I don't want it changed.

If you think this isn't a glitch that will eventually be fixed you're out of your mind.

Make sure to report players like that, that are obviously exploiting.

It's not an exploit, it's an intended mechanic, what sounds like happened was these guys were farming some noobs in their spawn and one got blapped. Good. The OP clearly stated he was taunting a player that couldn't kill him.

If it happens repeatedly, it means you are repeatedly in their endzone long enough for someone with a pull ability to come out the gate. Why are you in their spawn area soo long? Farming medals, that's why.

Edited by Vetorept

It's part of the game mechanic, deal with it and stop crying. Not everything is an exploit.

QQ

So, you think pulling a player across the goal line to instant kill him isn't an exploit? It should be an automatic score.

This IS, without a doubt, a blatant abuse/exploitation of a flaw in game mechanics.

BTW, everything that is in the game that doesn't require a third party program or a hacking of program files/settings is part of game mechanics, and yes, if they give a person an unfair advantage then they ARE exploits. That is the very definition of an exploit. Everything else is a cheat.

Once again a very good example of why people should use their brains before the post.

So, you think pulling a player across the goal line to instant kill him isn't an exploit? It should be an automatic score.

This IS, without a doubt, a blatant abuse/exploitation of a flaw in game mechanics.

Nope.

/grapples crybaby

Win.

It's not an exploit, it's an intended mechanic, what sounds like happened was these guys were farming some noobs in their spawn and one got blapped. Good. the OP clearly stated he was taunting a player that couldn't kill him.

If it happens repeatedly, it means you are repeatedly in their endzone long enough for someone with a pull ability to come out the gate. Why are you in their spawn area soo long? Farming medals, that's why.

Also to add to this : The person capable of pulling up to their spawn cannot sit up there indefinately as they will be forced out of the warzone. Also to those that complain...use a ranged CC if you have one (or hope team mate does). Have a team mate pull the other person down. Pass the ball to someone further away... You have options to potentially avoid being grappeled to their spawn.

More annoying is when the ball carriers start throwing (and re-throwing) the ball into the enemies spawn to insta kill them and get the ball back to repeat the process. But it's all a part of Huttball where cheating is permitted per the Baron.

Might as well remove the acid and fire pits too, because sometimes I get pushed into them and some exploiter stuns me while I'm inside of it and kills me at full health before I can get out.

At times I'm knocked inside the acid pit faced down unconscious, that's exploiting cos I'm at a disadvantage.

Then if it's part of the game, they need to remove the instakill or ensure that if the ball carrier crosses the line during an action like this, the score counts... it also says in the introduction that you have to CROSS the line with the ball.

If the ball carrier is pulled into the spawn, they've crossed the line. If you're going to go off what the announcer says.

this post is the best not for the fact that people think this is an exploit (and clearly its not) but huttball just plain sucks and after hundreds of huttball matches anytime i get a chance to pull some poor schmuck into our spawn zone to get a good laugh ill do it.

Nope.

/grapples crybaby

Win.

Do you watch football? What happens when someone crosses the goal line? You score. Huttball is supposed to work on the same premise. So yes, pulling into the spawn should kill the opposing player, it should also be an instant score because, derp, guess what, the ball crossed the goal line.

Do you watch football? What happens when someone crosses the goal line? You score. Huttball is supposed to work on the same premise. So yes, pulling into the spawn should kill the opposing player, it should also be an instant score because, derp, guess what, the ball crossed the goal line.

Quit comparing Football to Huttball.

At last check, I don't see firepits or acid moats sitting in stadiums, let alone lightning spam, grappling hooks, rocks thrown everywhere and what not.

In short: Comparing RL crap to IG crap is dumb.

In huttball cheating is encouraged...Just saying

But what is more irritating to me is when I get dropped into huttball and we are down 5-0 with 7 min left and the team up 5-0 is just farming medals. To me that is BS because you are wasting everyones MF time. If you can win, you should win and go onto the next game.

Quit comparing Football to Huttball.

At last check, I don't see firepits or acid moats sitting in stadiums, let alone lightning spam, grappling hooks, rocks thrown everywhere and what not.

In short: Comparing RL crap to IG crap is dumb.

Although that would make for a much more entertaining game.

On a separate note, I object to the title of this post. Rebs most definitely use this tactic as well.

I guess you guys don't pay attention to the commentator at the beginningof every match..

"Cheating and name calling are permited, just don't kick the ball, hutts don't have feet!!!!"

He also says to get the ball across the other teams line ANY WAY you can and your team GETS A POINT.