Ball Handler pulled into Enemy Spawn: Empire Tactics

Satans_Puppet

Umm... complaining about this is like complaining about being stunned on the flame jets.

It's part of the game. Stun the BH or grapple him- troopers can do this too y'know. Or, pass, you can even pass it to the BH- they die for catching it, you get the ball back.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yup.. people are just crying about it right now b/c it probably shocked them and they had no idea what to do.

Exactly. Someone is not paying attention to the situation and got caught off guard. They are probably the same idiots that run out of their spawn area, like some Rambo, without looking only to provide a convenient target for the opposing team's ball carrier to force leap to for the score or to get out of the pit.

Honestly if you are caught by this little trick you are most likely not paying attention in the first place. Every time I go for a score I make sure the ledge is clear. If it's not I pass laterally to one of my teamates that is already on the line, and woot, we score. Bypassed this pull trick so many times, people have stopped trying to use it on me.

Just because there is a work around, doesn't mean its not an exploit. You can look at my videos below and you will see us passing the ball almost every time, even when its a pretty clear shot. That is because of this exploit. It has no place in the game and promotes a playstyle that is unfun for both the exploiter and the exploitee. Having a BH or Assassin "goalie" that can one shot someone going in for a score is dumb.

Exactly. Someone is not paying attention to the situation and got caught off guard. They are probably the same idiots that run out of their spawn area, like some Rambo, without looking only to provide a convenient target for the opposing team's ball carrier to force leap to for the score or to get out of the pit.

Scored cause of that so many times, don't warn them of my secret stratergy of winningness.

Just because there is a work around, doesn't mean its not an exploit. You can look at my videos below and you will see us passing the ball almost every time, even when its a pretty clear shot. That is because of this exploit. It has no place in the game and promotes a playstyle that is unfun for both the exploiter and the exploitee. Having a BH or Assassin "goalie" that can one shot someone going in for a score is dumb.

So wait....let me get this straight....because you are forced to pass, suddenly it is unfun? God you just love to be the center of attention don't ya....ZOMG I HAVE TO PASS THE BALL INSTEAD OF SCORING IT MYSELF, SO UNFUN!!!!!

Scored cause of that so many times, don't warn them of my secret stratergy of winningness.

I find it funny how people trash talk and call people bad when they are the ones exploiting a game mechanic. If this is being used as intended then where is the link to the devs saying this?

So wait....let me get this straight....because you are forced to pass, suddenly it is unfun? God you just love to be the center of attention don't ya....ZOMG I HAVE TO PASS THE BALL INSTEAD OF SCORING IT MYSELF, SO UNFUN!!!!!

Yeah.. lol..

I've got this guy pretty much figured out... when he said the words "work around"

So basically what HE WANTS.. is WoW style Warsong Gulch... let's all just follow the tank, keep him alive while we walk across the line, Just make it 2 huge TRAIN groups, running in straight lines.

WEEEE what fun....

Tell me this? Would it be fun to sit on the starting ledge the entire game waiting for people to grip in? If its not fixed, every single competitive team will have a guy doing that. That is horrible.

To say it is the same thing as getting gripped into fire is absurd. The only way to get up there is if an enemy camps the ledge and pulls you in. It one shots you because they do not want people spawn camping.

We have only lost maybe 4 Huttball matches since the 50s bracket, so we aren't bads that don't know how to handle it. We do just fine, but that doesn't make the exploit justified. It is 100% clearly an exploit and will be fixed. I report everyone that uses it even if they are on my team.

Edited by Oloh

Umm... complaining about this is like complaining about being stunned on the flame jets.

It's part of the game. Stun the BH or grapple him- troopers can do this too y'know. Or, pass, you can even pass it to the BH- they die for catching it, you get the ball back.

Yes because clearly an instant kill because you got pulled into a safe zone is the same as getting stunned in a pillar of fire. *sarcasm*

The safe zone is there for one reason and one reason alone, to prevent lopsided teams getting farmed.

Edited by Mavkiel

I find it funny how people trash talk and call people bad when they are the ones exploiting a game mechanic. If this is being used as intended then where is the link to the devs saying this?

Considering I am a jugg tank, I cant exactly pull people around. I am looking for the link right now and will post it as soon as I find it. I was talking about my strat of winningness about my forceleaping out of the pit, pushing the same target back to their own goal line and then leaping to them again. So much rage I get for that its funny.

So basically what HE WANTS.. is WoW style Warsong Gulch... let's all just follow the tank, keep him alive while we walk across the line, Just make it 2 huge TRAIN groups, running in straight lines.

WEEEE what fun....

Look at my videos (the link is in my sig below). Let me know if you see one "caravan" across the goal line. We pass the ball more than any team we play against.

I was talking about my strat of winningness about my forceleaping out of the pit, pushing the same target back to their own goal line and then leaping to them again. So much rage I get for that its funny.

That is not an exploit at all. How can you even compare playing well and using your abilities like you describe above, to being immune from all attacks and insta-gibbing someone as they cross the goal line? Doesn't even make sense.

Considering that the devs have obviously already looked at this once - originally it didn't give the ball carriers team a score when this happened to them and now it does - I'd say that means they are OK with it.

It's just a tactic in the game so adapt. It's no different that getting stunned in acid or fire or getting knocked off the bridge in Voidstar.

Edited by Elyree

That is not an exploit at all. How can you even compare playing well and using your abilities like you describe above, to being immune from all attacks and insta-gibbing someone as they cross the goal line? Doesn't even make sense.

Oh no I am not comparing the 2, its like apples and watermelons. Someone quoted my strat of winniningness (I made a silly name for it cause well its a bit op when done right) to the pull ability in question. I don't think the pull move is an exploit either, its just way more cheap than my little combo I can pull every couple of min.

Look at my videos (the link is in my sig below). Let me know if you see one "caravan" across the goal line. We pass the ball more than any team we play against.

They aren't immune to all attacks. Throw the ball at them. Not only does it kill them. It also knocks back any of their teammates near them. Plus the ball bounces back to you or someone on your team.

They aren't immune to all attacks. Throw the ball at them. Not only does it kill them. It also knocks back any of their teammates near them. Plus the ball bounces back to you or someone on your team.

This ^ I wonder if they realize they can throw it up, and instantly kill the campers up top?

rofl...

LOL, How is that a good thing? So some random guy is chilling on the ledge wondering what to do, and I gib him and knock around the others standing near him? How is that any better.

I can't believe people actually think it is a decent/fun mechanic that adds to the game.

I don't mind this tactic at all. To me it's strategic and adds yet another layer to Huttball.

When I am playing my Powertech I do this if I am coming out of the safe area and I see a runner coming down the ramp if I can get it off in time.

When I am NOT on my Powertech and I am running the ball down the ramp and I see ANYONE coming out of the safe-zone from the enemy side I PASS THEM THE BALL and then THEY get insta-killed and I get the ball back right as I pass their goal line.

Win-Win in my play-book. :p

LOL, How is that a good thing? So some random guy is chilling on the ledge wondering what to do, and I gib him and knock around the others standing near him? How is that any better.

If you can't figure that out with a quick glance and have to actually pause to consider it you are nothing more than fodder for faster thinking, quicker re-acting players anyway and no change to rules, mechanics or field of play will change that.

I can't believe people actually think it is a decent/fun mechanic that adds to the game.

Why not. I caught you napping and made you pay for your inattention. Sounds like routine, everyday, PvP to me.

Thanks for proving you don't understand the classes in this game... since Troopers can do it too so its not an "empire tactic".

Anyway Sorc/Con, Jug/Guard, BH/Troop can all make themselves immune to grapple... so just save it for the finish if you're really worried about it.

It can only be done if the BH/Troop has died, is let out of respawn before you score, AND if you're going to score within 60sec of them respawning since if they ledge camp after that they'll get kicked.

This isn't something worth QQing over.

was going to post something like this but this poster said it all. there is a 1min window after this BH guy dies, which is after whatever random time he has left on his gate. You said it yourself, you still skunked them. and if this guy used this tactic several times, then he died plenty of times too.

It's an empire tactic on my server. I've never been in a team that does it, the closet I've been to that is Repub placing a stealther near the goal line to throw to from the pit.

We've still yet to see the dev post that says this 'behaviour' is ok.

And for those of you quoting Baron Deathmark it's been said time and again, he also says if the ball crosses the line it's an instant score. So either way cheating might be allowed but this tactic should play against the team using it... Empire or republic.