What happens when you transfer Republic side armor to Empire side?

Korrigan

Or the reverse?

E.g. can my Sith Marauder wear armor from Jedi Sentinel, and what will happen if I transfer some via the neutral AH on Nar Shaddaa?

Sorry for the "noobish" question, but I rather ask someone who tried instead of wasting credits if it doesn't work and I can't wear it the "other" side :)

Edited by Korrigan

Good question, I would like to know this as well. A lot of the armor does not require you to be a certain class, it just requires you to be able to wear the gear, like heavy armor. So it would be interesting to see if I could as a Sith Juggernaut, buy Trooper armor from the Nar Shaddaa GTN and wear it....

Or the reverse?

E.g. can my Sith Marauder wear armor from Jedi Sentinel, and what will happen if I transfer some via the neutral AH on Nar Shaddaa?

Sorry for the "noobish" question, but I rather ask someone who tried instead of wasting credits if it doesn't work and I can't wear it the "other" side :)

Certain armor has a class label on it.

If it says "Requires: Sith Inquisitor" then a Jedi Consular cannot wear it. Nor can any other class for that matter.

As long as it's not bound, I'm pretty sure you could wear it. Let us know what you come up with.

Edited by Alkiii

I would actually like to use one of the simple hooded Jedi robes on my Sith :)

And no, the armor I'm talking about is orange, and the only restriction on it is "medium armor". No class specified.

Edited by Korrigan

Or the reverse?

I thought about doing this but I don't have any way of contacting a sith to help set it up.

As long as it doesn't have a class restriction on it, you can wear it. I do this between my marauder and operative since they both wear medium armor.
Cool, and does the armor remain the same (look wise) when you change sides?

You do that on the same side, I want to know how it works when you change sides.

Edited by Korrigan

I would actually like to use one of the simple hooded Jedi robes on my Sith :)

And no, the armor I'm talking about is orange, and the only restriction on it is "medium armor". No class specified.

Hmm ... I would love to get some Black Robes and send them over to my Jedi Sage (Dark Side). That would be nice. ;)

If its blackish or greyish or reddish on empire side, it'll turn brown for the republic. Just look at the lowbie greens that drop on the starter planets, like Ithorian or Nerf Herder stuff. Notice how they look different depending on who you are :(

Not sure about orange though, try it and let us know for sure.

Edited by grania

Or the reverse?

If the armour says "Jedi Sentinel" as part of a condition for wearing it, your Stith can't. However, if it has no such conditions, feel free to buy it from yourself.

Incidentally, there is at least one uncommon piece of armour that completely changes appearance when you transfer to the Empire side. It's goggles that drop from a droid on Coruscant. On Republic side, they are goggles; on the Empire side, they look like a swim cap!

Cake is a lie; there is only pie.

If the armour says "Jedi Sentinel" as part of a condition for wearing it, your Stith can't. However, if it has no such conditions, feel free to buy it from yourself.

Incidentally, there is at least one uncommon piece of armour that completely changes appearance when you transfer to the Empire side. It's goggles that drop from a droid on Coruscant. On Republic side, they are goggles; on the Empire side, they look like a swim cap!

That's what I worried about. Will the other armors also completely change looks?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm a bount hunter right now, and their aren't many armor restrictions. However I have tried to get trooper gear ('cause in my opinion some of their armor is beast) and can't find a way to do so. I tried emailing some from my trooper character to my hunter character, and it said you couldn't email to the opposite side :(