Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

Tell that to Satele. And Bastila. And Revan. And Jolee Bindo. And Anakin Skywalker. And Luke Skywalker... do you want me to keep going?

it's a bit ironic really, that's like the only rule that i think is silly that the jedi have

the ones that have found love have become some of the strongest in the entire galaxy

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a bit ironic really, that's like the only rule that i think is silly that the jedi have

the ones that have found love have become some of the strongest in the entire galaxy

Actually, you could be looking at it the wrong way.

The strongest ones in the galaxy have found love. One of them was destroyed by it.

Maybe the weaker ones can't afford the risk at all.

Looks like we wont be fixed tomorrow. We need patch 1.1 and per the launcher we are getting 1.0.2d. This is so frustrating. Yeah I'm glad they are working on it but I have had to shelve my character for almost 3 weeks now and its the only character I want to play.

On 1/10, the servers and SWTOR.com will become unavailable for scheduled maintenance at 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET). Maintenance is scheduled to end at 8AM CST (6AM PST/9AM EST/2PM GMT/3PM CET). Patch 1.0.2d will be implemented during this downtime. To check the status of your server, visit the Server Status page.

Looks like we wont be fixed tomorrow. We need patch 1.1 and per the launcher we are getting 1.0.2d. This is so frustrating. Yeah I'm glad they are working on it but I have had to shelve my character for almost 3 weeks now and its the only character I want to play.

On 1/10, the servers and SWTOR.com will become unavailable for scheduled maintenance at 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET). Maintenance is scheduled to end at 8AM CST (6AM PST/9AM EST/2PM GMT/3PM CET). Patch 1.0.2d will be implemented during this downtime. To check the status of your server, visit the Server Status page.

which was not implemented (1.0.2D so even longer to w8 for 1.1)...well..back to my patience corner:p...

Did I miss a memo? Where the hell is the patch?

It is becoming pretty clear that there is no urgency whatsoever on BioWare's part to get this crap resolved. Now the message is "We have the fix ready to go, and when we get around to it we'll release it, but we can't really be bothered to do that just now."

I also am wondering who could possibly think this is an acceptable model of customer communication. We went from "we're working on a fix" to "we fixed it for new characters, we're looking into the situation for existing problems." Then a long silence, followed by "we have a fix" and "it's live on the test server." We've spent a week talking about how we were finally getting a fix today, with no contradiction from BioWare, and yet today there is nothing.

This is ridiculous.

Fantastic! I was just thinking man, even though they have the patch ready to go for us Knights to finally be able to experience the Story we all want, I just wish we could wait another week or two so I can not play the game at all for the whole next week

They didn't say they were rolling the patch 1.1 today. People just assumed so. If you should be disappointed, it should be with yourself: you were the one who assumed the fix was coming today. Also if they say they have a fix for everyone, you can keep playing with the char and do the Kira stuff when the patch rolls out.

They didn't say they were rolling the patch 1.1 today. People just assumed so. If you should be disappointed, it should be with yourself: you were the one who assumed the fix was coming today.

Can the bio-defensive crap, people. Players who care about storyline have had their game stopped dead in its tracks for weeks, and have every right to be upset when this week's "weekly" patch (you know, THE BIG ONE) turns out to be minor, despite everyone having seen a supposed fix in a larger set of patch notes but with no ETA. It's NORMAL to assume that one big set of patch notes follows the previous ones on a weekly basis, unless we're told otherwise. Which is sort of the problem -- no communication leads to disappointment, yet again.

TL;DR: If you don't like seeing people vent, STAY OUT OF THE VENTING THREAD.

Edited by ciparis

Apparently you haven't been reading this forum very long, but it's been said many times that the Kira Romance changes the story, thus we really can't play unless we want a different story

What parts does it change? Anything in Act 1?

I finished Act 1 but decided to wait for a patch for Kira to be fixed before moving on.

Also, I am sure the patch will be here next week. There's communication that it's coming, they sorted out the bug, instead of the silence on the issue with no clear view if the bug was fixed or not on their end. They just need to test it to make sure the patch goes smoothly. What if they didn't test it and the patch made everyone else's companion but Kira be glitched too? It would take another week to fix... I think we're safer waiting just one more week!

Edited by punchybot

They didn't say they were rolling the patch 1.1 today. People just assumed so. If you should be disappointed, it should be with yourself: you were the one who assumed the fix was coming today. Also if they say they have a fix for everyone, you can keep playing with the char and do the Kira stuff when the patch rolls out.

They didn't say they weren't rolling it out today, either, despite widespread assumption that on "patch day" the patch on the test server would be pushed to live. Hence, the general consensus that the communication (or lack thereof) on this issue is, quite frankly, crap.

I am, of course disappointed... because I can't talk to my damn companion character. I've been disappointed since this bug first effected my character, and I am very disappointed that it has been so long without a fix.

Among the things I should be disappointed with, an assumption that a fix that is implemented on the test server would be pushed to live on patch day doesn't rank.

I understand that you were simply trolling with your post, but I do appreciate the opportunity to make a point in response to it.

Actually, they did say that.

I missed that, too. Found it after going to the dev tracker page and searching for "Kira". Thanks for the tip, looks like there were a few posts made in this thread after the point where I had already said "**** it, I'm not following this daily anymore, I'm just going to check it out after each patch and play something else until then."

There should be a "find all developer posts in this thread" option. It's way too long to find them by browsing, and since they still have search disabled...

Edited by ciparis

Can the bio-defensive crap, people. Players who care about storyline have had their game stopped dead in its tracks for weeks, and have every right to be upset when this week's "weekly" patch (you know, THE BIG ONE) turns out to be minor, despite everyone having seen a supposed fix in a larger set of patch notes but with no ETA. It's NORMAL to assume that one big set of patch notes follows the previous ones on a weekly basis, unless we're told otherwise. Which is sort of the problem -- no communication leads to disappointment, yet again.

TL;DR: If you don't like seeing people vent, STAY OUT OF THE VENTING THREAD.

Well, I was trying to alert people for false expectations. If you can't stand anyone going the opposite direction of your opinion because you misread/misunderstood, it's your call but it doesn't give you the right of being impolite to people. I'm not being bio-whatever here. I'm a player like you and I want bugs fixed too. I just don't assume things that aren't written. Also the patch notes for 1.1 are related to the test server and, since we never had a major patch before, you can't just assume that, once the patch notes are rolled out, the patch is due next week.

What parts does it change? Anything in Act 1?

I finished Act 1 but decided to wait for a patch for Kira to be fixed before moving on.

Also, I am sure the patch will be here next week. There's communication that it's coming, they sorted out the bug, instead of the silence on the issue with no clear view if the bug was fixed or not on their end. They just need to test it to make sure the patch goes smoothly. What if they didn't test it and the patch made everyone else's companion but Kira be glitched too? It would take another week to fix... I think we're safer waiting just one more week!

what he said, i too finished act1 and refuse to continue any further without this fixed.

They didn't say they weren't rolling it out today, either, despite widespread assumption that on "patch day" the patch on the test server would be pushed to live. Hence, the general consensus that the communication (or lack thereof) on this issue is, quite frankly, crap.

I am, of course disappointed... because I can't talk to my damn companion character. I've been disappointed since this bug first effected my character, and I am very disappointed that it has been so long without a fix.

Among the things I should be disappointed with, an assumption that a fix that is implemented on the test server would be pushed to live on patch day doesn't rank.

I understand that you were simply trolling with your post, but I do appreciate the opportunity to make a point in response to it.

how the heck was he trolling?! He specifically said that BIOWARE told us that this patch wasn't going to be here today and that minor patches would come first, they specifically TOLD US THAT in this very thread

good god, you people have some serious issues, i was with you when you were frustrated that we weren't getting an ETA, and we finally get one, and yet you people STILL complain. but look, i'm just pointing out the truth, so how long until i get called a troll for using logic?

Edited by zapkeet

I LOL'd. More like a month, if you're lucky ;)

Point proven. (Of course, you took my text out of context for the sake of being funny, but I'll thank you anyway. :) )

Also no answer to my question... sweet!

Edited by punchybot

I've perused most of this thread, but I didn't see any reference to a specific ETA on the patch that will fix the issue with Kira. Is there one, or is ETA "when it's ready"?

I'm rather shocked that this issue isn't receiving top priority, seeing as anyone who plays a Jedi is basically being forced to either play a different character or stop playing altogether until this issue is fixed.