Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

Another day without any kind of response or information about this issue.

BIOWARE DOES NOT CARE.

Until they start communicating with us about this issue I'm gonna keep saying it. It seems as if Bioware is taking the stance that this is OUR problem and we need to just deal with it and move on. They are not concerned about this issue.

I personally think that they have no idea how to fix this issue for those of us who missed our chance with Kira. I bet it's gonna be a very long time before we see a fix, if ever at all. It really is a shame that such a cool aspect of my class is broken and there is no plans to fix it, from what I can tell.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please be patient, as I am sure they are working on a fix. If you haven't been paying attention, they have OVER 1 million users to take care of, and I imagine probably twice as many complaints, reports, and suggestions to sift through. We cannot expect them to respond to EVERY single one. It's not like they have 1 million developers. They are probably only staffed with somewhere around 100-200. Divide 1 million by 200 and you can see what they have to work with. If you are new to the MMO world, be patient as things like this happen all the time in MMOs. This bug is nothing new. I'd say for BioWare's first attempt at an MMO, this thing is awesome....perhaps the best MMO I have ever played. Give the developers time. If they said they are working on it, then expect them to be working on it. I expect the next time they say something will be in a patch, so please be patient.

Please be patient, as I am sure they are working on a fix. If you haven't been paying attention, they have OVER 1 million users to take care of, and I imagine probably twice as many complaints, reports, and suggestions to sift through. We cannot expect them to respond to EVERY single one. It's not like they have 1 million developers. They are probably only staffed with somewhere around 100-200. Divide 1 million by 200 and you can see what they have to work with. If you are new to the MMO world, be patient as things like this happen all the time in MMOs. This bug is nothing new. I'd say for BioWare's first attempt at an MMO, this thing is awesome....perhaps the best MMO I have ever played. Give the developers time. If they said they are working on it, then expect them to be working on it. I expect the next time they say something will be in a patch, so please be patient.

We've been patient for over 2 weeks (some months from the beta..). I understand that theres a lot of issues being that this is a new game. However, my issue is that Bioware wont even respond to us. The only responses we've gotten are "we're working on it" and "Go F*** yourself" from the droid. I have no problem waiting for a few weeks or a month. Waiting indefinitely is what i have a problem with. Bioware hasn't communicated with us AT ALL. Any simple ETA such as a few days, a few weeks, or a few months would be great in my opinion. (Although obviously i dont want to wait months lol). They have yet to give us ANYTHING though. Thats what makes me angry

EDIT: I'm to the point where i'd even be okay with "we have no idea how to fix this. If you truly care re-roll your character." Thats better than "Shut the F*** up and keep waiting."

Edited by Roarrk

Hi everyone - we're continuing to look into the issue preventing progress with Kira for those of you who are still experiencing it. We're sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

THIS is from A Bioware worker right HERE who posted it on the 28th!

The 28th! that was three days ago for crying out loud

A copy-paste answer that says absolutely nothing.

Sorry, but no. That does not cut it, especially considering that there's no trace of a fix on the next patch notes.

A copy-paste answer that says absolutely nothing.

Sorry, but no. That does not cut it, especially considering that there's no trace of a fix on the next patch notes.

The last patch notes were from the 29th December, of which state they worked on the Eternal loading screen.

If there were even 5000 people who were always stuck on the loading screen and not being able to play vs people with the bug who could still get in to play the game

What would you fix first?

They must think this isnt important...... for most of us knights this is one of the most important part of the story

Completely agree. Haven't played my 34 main for days. Being playing my alt & its really fun to have an actual working companion story lol.

Time is relative. And that message is just like every other message, on every other thread. It's more like a message to keep us quiet, while they do their stuff... I just wish they'd set this as a top-priority bug, I know it's in the Known Issues thread, but at least say something!

They must think this isnt important...... for most of us knights this is one of the most important part of the story

this is getting really idiotic on BOTH sides

yes bioware probably should give us an ETA, but to ay that "they don't careeee" when they've posted multiple messages saying that they're working on it is BS and childish. Maybe you've never been on a video game forum, but do you know how rare it is for companies to post? They don't have an ETA, and it was a post by an actual member, not a droid/automated response

They're looking into it, they see it as important

this is getting really idiotic on BOTH sides

yes bioware probably should give us an ETA, but to ay that "they don't careeee" when they've posted multiple messages saying that they're working on it is BS and childish. Maybe you've never been on a video game forum, but do you know how rare it is for companies to post? They don't have an ETA, and it was a post by an actual member, not a droid/automated response

They're looking into it, they see it as important

i know its very rare for company's who put out a product that is bugged all to heck to communicate with their customers. they dont want to get beat up anymore then they already are. they brought the backlash from the community on themselves. from a terrible launcher to a bad crafting system to bugged out comp quests.

ready for launch my !@#

i know its very rare for company's who put out a product that is bugged all to heck to communicate with their customers. they dont want to get beat up anymore then they already are. they brought the backlash from the community on themselves. from a terrible launcher to a bad crafting system to bugged out comp quests.

ready for launch my !@#

true, i'm not saying they're completely in the right

but saying that "they don't care" or "they're not really working on it" is something a 5 year old would say, they said they're working on it so they are

What people fail to realize is that when issues present themselves in this fasion each person or persons affected by that issue who's experience is not immidiatley resolved will tend to justify that with a statement such as yours.

"they don't care that is why it is yet to be fixed"

I'm sure if you or anyone else who happened to be affected by the eternal load screen saw they fixed the Kira bug first the very next response would be

"they do not care- we can't even get into the game and they fix a companion bug ZOMG FML"

true, i'm not saying they're completely in the right

but saying that "they don't care" or "they're not really working on it" is something a 5 year old would say, they said they're working on it so they are

well i can tell you for certain many of the bugs i have reported in beta are still present in the game. they told us they were working on it (kira) since about the third or fourth build in beta and still nothing. I find it hard to believe that they have gone through that coding to fix the problem...

and the problem really boils down to the canned responses from the mods/dev team. nobody is buying that junk anymore

Edited by Crohadan

well i can tell you for certain many of the bugs i have reported in beta are still present in the game. they told us they were working on it (kira) since about the third or fourth build in beta and still nothing. I find it hard to believe that they have gone through that coding to fix the problem...

and the problem really boils down to the canned responses from the mods/dev team. nobody is buying that junk anymore

I know from personal experiences in the technical field A LOT of bugs and or fixes for bugs cannot be adequatley tested UNTIL a product goes LIVE!

I know from personal experiences in the technical field A LOT of bugs and or fixes for bugs cannot be adequatley tested UNTIL a product goes LIVE!

fyi:

i bugged the LoS issues in Taral 5 in beta a number of times, still no fix. bugged the sage quest line in vivacar's ship (los issues, mob agro out of whack) a number of times, that was all beta stuff that still isnt working to include the kira bug. since ega i have bugged chat system errors on a regular basis, still not fixed. how many times can you give them a pass on simple attention to detail things that have gotten overlooked?

I just wanted to add my voice to the others affected by this bug. My Jedi Knight is languishing at level 31 because I don't want to move forward with his story until this issue has been fixed. I feel bad enough that I may have missed some special dialogue options at the close of Chapter 1 since I'm unable to advance my relationship with Kira -- and I sure as heck don't want to miss anything further!

I was holding out for the next maintenance patch, assuming it would have a fix for this, but it looks like I'm going to be playing alts for quite a while longer than I'd hoped.

How sad. :(

For those who still have this problem, call their support # at 855-467-9867. Hit 1 for english, hit 1 for Patching Issues, then hit 5 to go to representative. Logically and nicely explain the problem to a support representative. They are very helpful and escalate the issue. The more players who do this, will accelerate the fix.

fyi:

i bugged the LoS issues in Taral 5 in beta a number of times, still no fix. bugged the sage quest line in vivacar's ship (los issues, mob agro out of whack) a number of times, that was all beta stuff that still isnt working to include the kira bug. since ega i have bugged chat system errors on a regular basis, still not fixed. how many times can you give them a pass on simple attention to detail things that have gotten overlooked?

Only you can answer that question as ultimatley that one only comes down to personal preference

Also I would like to point out that even IF or WHEN they give an ETA

1) if it was "it will be released next patch" You would flame them for taking so long, then if by some bizarre happenstance it got delayed after the fact you'd flame them for that too.

2) If the ETA or answer was "we do not yet currently know why this happens and it may be awhile yet" You'd flame them for taking so long and flame them because it was an issue since Beta

Also I would like to point out that even IF or WHEN they give an ETA

1) if it was "it will be released next patch" You would flame them for taking so long, then if by some bizarre happenstance it got delayed after the fact you'd flame them for that too.

not this guy

2) If the ETA or answer was "we do not yet currently know why this happens and it may be awhile yet" You'd flame them for taking so long and flame them because it was an issue since Beta

absolutely. if they cant figure out what they break from patch to patch, how to rectify issue that have been present since beta, their QC department needs to be flushed. simple as. do i need to remind anyone of the quote that GZ threw out there in beta saying essentially that they know whats wrong with their game and the testers were there for nothing more then a stress test?

just wondering...

Has anyone who didn't choose the DS flirt gotten bugged later on down the line? She wanted to speak to me on the ship while I was alderaan the other night, but I didn't go at the time as I was questing with a friend. Logged on the next day and she no longer wanted to talk and even with 6290 affection currently has not talked to me again since the first kiss quest.

just wondering...

Has anyone who didn't choose the DS flirt gotten bugged later on down the line? She wanted to speak to me on the ship while I was alderaan the other night, but I didn't go at the time as I was questing with a friend. Logged on the next day and she no longer wanted to talk and even with 6290 affection currently has not talked to me again since the first kiss quest.

dunno, i havent even gotten that far yet :/