Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

It has been confirmed that dialogue changes depending on whether you are in a romance with her or not.

Does this go for all dialogue, also sidequests? Or just the main story?

now I am torn between restarting my JK(lvl 38) in order to Fix him or wait out a bug fix that might be a few months away

I made another JK, with a different name, so I didn't delete my old one. If the fix comes out soon, I continue with my old one, and if the fix is far off, I'll use the new one.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno whats up with this, but I made my JK on 12/18 and I have chosen all of the DS flirt options with Kira and just got through the quest where she kissed me...soo working fine for me.

Hmm... But at what date did you do The Defector quest? And the quest involving her "brother"? 'cause I suppose it's more about if you passed a certain place in the storyline, before or after the patch... Or I might be wrong on this, just weird if it would work for one person, and not thousand others :S

Could we please get some kind of response from Bioware on this? Frankly I'll be more pissed if I reroll and then suddenly get a fix for this than if they just flat out say "hey folks it'll be awhile this isn't high priority". I just want to know where you folks are at on this so I can make an informed decision.

Ive actually been getting copy and paste messages (even tickets that does not concern Kira) even though the ticket is totally irrelevant to submmiting a bug.

BioWare actually did make an ETA (sort of) of several days when it has been WEEKS. All we need from BioWare is a simple update on the situation. Saying "were still looking into it" is not enough. We need to know if it will take another 2 weeks for the next fix to come out so we can decide to reroll or not. Even after their first ETA is wrong, they can still update it,make a second ETA and apologize.

Again, BioWare failed to update us in regular basis and pissed alot of customers off who couldve rerolled and be at the same point as their current JK.

As I recall (presuming you're referring to the one on page 6), that ETA was for CLOSING the bug window - regarding the fix for those hit by it, it was

It'll take us a bit longer to get a fix out for characters already experiencing the issue,

No time window given, and unfortunately, "a bit longer" is getting frustratingly long. And I'm not begrudging people getting upset. What I AM getting miffed over are the repeated cries of "This should have been fixed in Beta!", even though it was only recently that they nailed down what caused the bug to begin with. That coupled with the outcries of (essentially) "spread the word that the Devs don't care" are overreactions, primarily because it might bring down what is easily the best MMO I've ever played, in spite of the bugs.

Remember folks - the game is officially less than a month old right now. This has been one of the smoothest launches I've ever heard about, and the Devs, I'm sure, are still adjusting to the monumental task before them, as this is new ground for BioWare. Pressure them about fixing, keep complaining and asking for updates - that's good to do! But don't threaten to quit the game, or tell others not to buy it simply because of this one significant flaw that might not even appear 2 weeks from now.

Remember folks - the game is officially less than a month old right now. This has been one of the smoothest launches I've ever heard about, and the Devs, I'm sure, are still adjusting to the monumental task before them, as this is new ground for BioWare. Pressure them about fixing, keep complaining and asking for updates - that's good to do! But don't threaten to quit the game, or tell others not to buy it simply because of this one significant flaw that might not even appear 2 weeks from now.

Launch has been very smooth indeed, the follow-up has been less than stellar. Lack of precise communication on gamebreaking and near-gamebreaking issues that afflict thousands of paying customers is not acceptable.

Edited by Abriael

BIOWARE DOES NOT CARE.

If they did they would be giving us some kind of idea about what is going on with this. But they have given us nothing. They are trying to sweep it under the rug.

Mark my words...

This is going to take a very long time for them to fix, if ever it is fixed at all.

BIOWARE DOES NOT CARE.

If they did they would be giving us some kind of idea about what is going on with this. But they have given us nothing. They are trying to sweep it under the rug.

Mark my words...

This is going to take a very long time for them to fix, if ever it is fixed at all.

Now now, I think BioWare does care, but they might be struggling. Perhaps they won't give us a date, because they fear they won'tbe able to stick with it, hence getting more hate? Anyhow, I'd like an approximate date, say: "Couple of days, a week, 2 weeks, 1 month" that sort of stuff.

As an aside, is this a bug? Half of the luxury gifts I passed onto Kira yielded zero points even though she said "Now that's what I call a gift." The other half ranges from 19 to 24 points, even blues.

Thinking of dumping her altogether and start the process of gearing my other companions. She's one broken ****.

Now now, I think BioWare does care, but they might be struggling. Perhaps they won't give us a date, because they fear they won'tbe able to stick with it, hence getting more hate? Anyhow, I'd like an approximate date, say: "Couple of days, a week, 2 weeks, 1 month" that sort of stuff.

If they cared they would tell us that it is either something they hope to fix soon, or something that will be like this for a long time. People want to know if they should re-roll or hang tight.

Personally I think it will take a very very long time before this is resolved. They have BHs who cant even complete their class quest. Do you think a romance side quest that has been broken since beta is going to be fixed anytime real soon? I don't.

There are some of us that consider this bug a big deal. IF Bioware cared about us they would have a Dev posting every so often about this issue. Go to the BH boards and see how badly they are screwed.

BTW; Have you seen the latest patch notes, lol. See all those fixes they got lined up! lol

As I recall (presuming you're referring to the one on page 6), that ETA was for CLOSING the bug window - regarding the fix for those hit by it, it was

It'll take us a bit longer to get a fix out for characters already experiencing the issue,

No time window given, and unfortunately, "a bit longer" is getting frustratingly long. And I'm not begrudging people getting upset. What I AM getting miffed over are the repeated cries of "This should have been fixed in Beta!", even though it was only recently that they nailed down what caused the bug to begin with. That coupled with the outcries of (essentially) "spread the word that the Devs don't care" are overreactions, primarily because it might bring down what is easily the best MMO I've ever played, in spite of the bugs.

Well demanding that it should have been fixed in beta was not my intent. Too lazy to go back to my old post but I can see how my words can lead to that conclusion. Again though, I am primarily mad on lack of communication between BioWare and players. I for example could have rerolled but chose not to in hopes that BioWare would implement a bug fix after reading the word "days" opposed to weeks.

I do agree it is one of the best MMOs I have ever played and I will still recommend it to other players but a very important part of the JK story that I paid to experience is missing and past experiences of BioWare/EA support for me anyway was not good.

Edited by Idunhavaname

The former is correct - they closed the opening that would bug you out, it's just those that are currently affected by it (including myself) hoping for something a bit more concrete than "we're working on it".

Just to make sure, I created my jedi knight character the first day of early access. But I haven't got to the quest yet, can someone else confirm who created their JK before the patch and did the dark side flirt after the patch that doing the dark side flirt isn't bugging anymore? I would really appreciate if someone who tested this could tell me. :D

Edited by Reedek
clarity

Just to make sure, I created my jedi knight character the first day of early access. But I haven't got to the quest yet, can someone else confirm who created their JK before the patch and did the dark side flirt after the patch that doing the dark side flirt isn't bugging anymore? I would really appreciate if someone who tested this could tell me. :D

don't mean to be rude but this is like the 20th time this has been asked and it's been answered just as many times

yes, you'll be fine. Sorry if that sounded snarky, but bioware also just spoiled the main story for me by doing a flashpoint when they assumed i got to a certain point. With this glitch on top of it i'm in a bit of a...mood

Well here's another effect of the bug - we lose the on level experience gained when we interact with Kira. For example, me being a paragon of stupidity focused on Kira and the Doc while my gf focused on Iresso and Nadia her 4th and 5th companions. End result she was able to get them both to 10k affection effortlessly and gained about 650k experience over me (she's a sliver away from 49 while I just got to 47). We practically did everything together since level 1, aside from the occasional class quest. My affection with Kira and Doc is at a snail's pace and since both refuses to speak to me I'l basically SOL.

Consequently I'm now trying to gain affection with Rusk and Scourge now but having a companion similar to a guardian seems really dumb so I had to switch companions and play a little meta gaming with torhead and checks during conversations. Not really what I'm aiming for in this game.

Even if they fixed kira we would still lose the xp since we've "outleveled" their conversations, i think.

Seriously, really regretting not rolling a Vanguard instead. GG me.

Edit: When speaking to your romance interest apparently you get 448 affection pts each time. Don't bring your Kira past 7k before the fix and waste your efforts imo.

Edited by Raptorice

I am in full agreement with the assumption that BioWare isn't saying anything because they're afraid telling us how long this is going to take would only get people more worked up (ie: a very, very long time.)

Please, say something if I'm wrong. I can only assume I'm right otherwise, because at this point, none of the other possibilities for the lack of communication and the lack of a fix in 1.02 make sense anymore.