Limited By Lore?

Whatsalightsaver

I really hope Bioware doesn't get hung up on Jedi lore to the point where all of our gear has to be white and pure. I played a rogue for 6 years so I'm used to dark cowls and sharp, pointy shoulder pieces. In fact, I even went dark side shadow with the assumption I could get darker looking gear (I obviously knew nothing about this game to start with). So far, I don't really think anyone is satisfied how gear looks, but I really hope we get some gear that screams "yeah, I'm going pop out of the shadows, murder you, then fade back into the darkness".

BW went to great lengths to make WoW rogues feel somewhat comfortable in their new Jedi skin, so I hope they continue with that goal and we can get some Shadow gear that is actually shadowy. I'm kind of tired of looking like an angel : /

I really hope Bioware doesn't get hung up on Jedi lore to the point where all of our gear has to be white and pure. I played a rogue for 6 years so I'm used to dark cowls and sharp, pointy shoulder pieces. In fact, I even went dark side shadow with the assumption I could get darker looking gear (I obviously knew nothing about this game to start with). So far, I don't really think anyone is satisfied how gear looks, but I really hope we get some gear that screams "yeah, I'm going pop out of the shadows, murder you, then fade back into the darkness".

BW went to great lengths to make WoW rogues feel somewhat comfortable in their new Jedi skin, so I hope they continue with that goal and we can get some Shadow gear that is actually shadowy. I'm kind of tired of looking like an angel : /

Scoundrel is more like a rouge than shadow is, just saying.

Scoundrel is more like a rouge than shadow is, just saying.

Rogue*

And shadow, while roguish, is still a Jedi.

Jedis don't wear white.

You can always farm up social points in Esseles (Dark points too) and get some light armor that doesn't look like a dress. It's a start at least.

Whoops. Typos!!! *shakefist*

'Rogue' is the only misspelling I never let slide. I'm weird about that word in particular, lol. You just picked a bad word to typo. :p

On topic: Lore doesn't cover a single piece of gear in this game, obviously. For starters, look at those damn hats. Never saw those in the movies!

I have seen a Trooper decked out in all-white gear that immediately made me think of Stormtroopers from Ep 4-6, even down to a helmet that at first glance was not far off.

But white Jedi just sounds wrong - all I can see there is Michael Jackson moonwalking across Mustafar. Somebody kill me now, please!

I have no problem with earth tones, but technically earth tones can include some very dark browns, greens, and off-whites. I'd like to see more of those, but more specifically I'd like to see better looking armor models. The Consular raid/ops gear in particular looks terrible, IMHO (wedding gowns or pope-wannabes). The PVP gear isn't so bad, but it's all one design in a couple of colors. Whatever happened to tasteful robes?

I have no problem with earth tones, but technically earth tones can include some very dark browns, greens, and off-whites. I'd like to see more of those, but more specifically I'd like to see better looking armor models. The Consular raid/ops gear in particular looks terrible, IMHO (wedding gowns or pope-wannabes). The PVP gear isn't so bad, but it's all one design in a couple of colors. Whatever happened to tasteful robes?

I think Bioware was saying that they're going to turn the stats on PVP and raid robes into special custom armorings/mods/enhancements that will be slottable into the oranges of your choice.

This will also allow the more grindey players out there an avenue for min-maxing that wasn't available before, such as poaching some PVP or raid gear to slot the components into a belt and some bracers for that extra little bit of oomph.