Stop the ball from being thrown from the pit to the goal line in Huttball!

Miffy

I am starting to wonder who is more upset over this, you or the OP. It isn't hard to find the stealth player. You see the ball carrier running one way, and you head to that spot and AoE or anything.

I don't see how what I posted was being "mad". I simply assume opponents are intelligent, not that they don't know how to play.

Especially when talking about strategies that are too easy to pull off.

TBQH, you don't even need to pass the ball to the stealther. You can just use your intercede and they don't even have to break stealth.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe the number of posts I've seen that basically want Huttball turned into a flat field with passing disallowed. That way we all just have to mindlessly zerg one direction or the other.

Huttball is an amazing warzone. If you see another team doing something that's really effective...like passing...give it a try. Stop camping middle so you look good on the scoreboard, stop playing the Hero and trying to run it all the way to the end by yourself.

Honestly, it's this sort of reception to new ideas and mechanics that makes MMO developers just take the middle road and churn out the same old carbon copy content. Every time there's something new or different, the vocal community just fries them for it.

I can't believe the number of posts I've seen that basically want Huttball turned into a flat field with passing disallowed. That way we all just have to mindlessly zerg one direction or the other.

Huttball is an amazing warzone. If you see another team doing something that's really effective...like passing...give it a try. Stop camping middle so you look good on the scoreboard, stop playing the Hero and trying to run it all the way to the end by yourself.

Honestly, it's this sort of reception to new ideas and mechanics that makes MMO developers just take the middle road and churn out the same old carbon copy content. Every time there's something new or different, the vocal community just fries them for it.

this all the way. this is how i feel about tor in general. everyone wants something they have played before. give it a chance and enjoy the freshness

Hmm...

would turning it into rugby more fun?

Like you can pass, pull, guardian leap or leap, but the direction cannot be forward, or up in z-axis; you also cannot receive speed buff when you hold the ball.

Edited by Sraom

I don't know about you, but when I see someone headed to my end zone with a ball, I just assume that an enemy is already there, waiting to pick up a pass. How about you plan ahead, rather than complaining about a tactic that is so easy to counter?

How many times have I seen a ball carrier jump down to the pit.....only to see most of my team jump down after him? /facepalm Get with the program, people.

Huttball is a fantastic WZ, in my opinion. It seems like a lot of the whiners want to turn it into yet another humdrum capture the flag game.

Edited by belialle

Remember PVP is player vs player not dps vs dps.

Actually, if you want to be technical about it, dps vs dps IS pvp too. Player vs player is a very broad and general term, the baseline meaning is centered around competition. The method or form of competition is irrelevant, so long as it's one or more players competing against one or more players.

Then we're just left with identifying different types of PvP. Deathmatch-like types (which is the most popular) where you just kill each other and objective based (typically the most varied). Every warzone is PvP, it's just focused on objectives to win. Huttball being the least kill required, yet most objective based, game to win.