SWTOR Runs Poorly on Phenom II's?

siegedeluxe

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not enough memory/slow hdd?

I'm pretty sure its something to do with the game,I haven't had any issues running any other games that are far more demanding then ToR.

I also hear a lot of complaints about both issues on the forums and in game.

no real problems here

Amd phenom x4 9950.. not the phenom II but hopefully someone has one that is running the game well.

It's a Trap!

Lag an delay show on my x4 9950 with 2 x HD 4850 or 1 HD 6950 need a newer CPU

I got an Phenom II X6 1090 CPU, and am experiencing poor performance whenever I'm at the fleet or get my daily dose of warzones. Anyone else experiencing this with their Phenom, or other versions of AMD cpu's?

AMD Phenom 2 X4 Black Edition

4GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Radeon HD 6850 1Gb

Gigabyte motherboard.

Game run on res 1440x900 with 60 fps with no problem at all. Fine on planets, on station, in warzones. No complains. When I turn on fps in game (CTRL + SHIFT + F or something like that) it's usualy 60-70.

I got an Phenom II X6 1090 CPU, and am experiencing poor performance whenever I'm at the fleet or get my daily dose of warzones. Anyone else experiencing this with their Phenom, or other versions of AMD cpu's?

you should post the rest of your PC ...

cpu alone dosnt make a system

AMD Phenom 2 X4 Black Edition

4GB DDR3 1600Mhz

Radeon HD 6850 1Gb

Gigabyte motherboard.

Game run on res 1440x900 with 60 fps with no problem at all. Fine on planets, on station, in warzones. No complains. When I turn on fps in game (CTRL + SHIFT + F or something like that) it's usualy 60-70.

Nearly same setup as yours:

AMD Phenom 2 X4 940 Black Edition 940

8GB DDR2 800Mhz

Radeon HD 6850 1Gb ( 12.1a preview driver. Tried 5 different drivers this one worked best for me )

Res : 1080p

At first I was having problems in warzones and fleet, after deleting .ini files in settings folder and changing graphic settings at char select screen, I got a 10+ fps boost in all areas. But still having problems in warzones when shadows turned on; getting 15-20 fps when there are 5+ players on screen

Edited by Shumagorrath

Nearly same setup as your:

AMD Phenom 2 X4 940 Black Edition 940

8GB DDR2 800Mhz

Radeon HD 6850 1Gb ( 12.1a preview driver. Tried 5 different drivers this one worked best for me )

Res : 1080p

At first I was having problems with warzones and fleet, after deleting my .ini files in settings folder I got a 10+ fps boost in all areas, but still having problems in warzones when shadows turned on.

8GB RAM is nice but why DDR2 and why 800Mhz ? Dead slow. Did you tried to lower resolution ? Anyway. If this game have problems now then I don't know what will happen when they turn on high res textures (if they turn it on)

Phenom is old tec now but you shouldn't have many issues with it on TOR.

I have that processor also with 8 gig of ram and a GTX 460 1Gb and my performance is excellent. No lag at all.

Edited by Wolfhammer

AMD X4 965 BE @ 3,8 Ghz

MSI 790FX GD-70

4 GB / win 7 64

2xHD5770 (Sapphire Vapor-X 1GB) in crossfire slightly overclocked, latest profiles

120GB SSD + 2x 500GB

750W psu

Game runs 25 fps max on high settings

I get around 55 fps on low settings

(1980x1050)

Average temp is 50 degrees celsius

Had a sudden increase two times up to 71 degrees celsius

(Using a HAF 932 + with a Scythe processor cooler)

The game is installled on the SSD (OCZ Vertex 3) with only win 7 on it.

It's a completely fresh install of windows and SWTOR, yet it runs very poor

In comparison Skyrim runs at the same resolution (1980x1050) very smooth.

Around 60 fps with a small drop in crowded places.

Average temps lay around 40 degrees celsius max.

Im pretty clueless...

Edited by lowizi

And you have your bottleneck. Change mainboard and upgrade your ram to new and faster model. Should be fine. MMO require a loot of RAM since you deal with big areas with loot of elements.
I also have DDR2 800 RAM and I have no performance problems...