This Crap has to stop.

direblaze

Our class is already being nerfed... and you want to nerf us more. you know what Bioware, you should hire this guy!

Yes please hire me, then i can set about making DAOC 2.

and stop crying over the op/scoundrel nerf. you had your fun 4 shotting fully gear tank spec tanks without them being able to fight back, suck it up and deal with it, you knew it was coming.

and as a note, i want it fixed not nerfed.

Edited by direblaze

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The reason your DoTs are not usually taking them out of stealth is because of the ability called Resilience (at least thats what it is called for Shadows). Res makes you immune to force/tech attacks for 3 seconds. Many pvp stealthies will use Res and then quickly vanish, enabling them to get away. The vanish ability by itself does not stop DoTs from ticking. This ability combination is not overpowered as it forces a stealthy to decide whether to pop Res early in the fight in order to dodge a specific attack or save it for an escape. In addition, Res's short duration means the stealthy must get away from you quickly or he/she will be revealed to you again. Most likely, the stealthy will Res, vanish, and force speed away out of LoS. As a former WoW affliction warlock (and current 50 shadow), I understand your frustration at losing potential prey. However, these abilities are necessary because stealthies are close-combat, light-armor skirmishers. Survivability is already low for these classes, so certain utility abilities become mandatory. Best advice I can give you is, when they vanish, keep hunting for about five seconds (making sure to check behind walls/pillars/other LoS stuff). Most likely, your DoTs will take them out of stealth, just not right away. Good hunting.

THIS!

I save resilience for use with force cloak to wipe your DoTs off and GET AWAY FROM YOU! I blow 2 cooldowns to use it and I see no reason to nerf it. It is the only **** combo I have and it can't be used again for 2 minutes (if I am speced into infiltration enough to have the short cooldown on force cloak).

Doing this requires skill points in the case of the marauder/sent... and 2 skills for the Assasian / Shadow (there by NOT using one of their defensive skills in a rotation fashion) Too escape you.

In the case of the Marauder/Sent They get stealth for 4 seconds only....

In the case of the Assassin/Shadow AOE dmg will still knock them out of stealth...

Sorry adapt or don't... working as intended.

Edited by Husanak

You are fighting, you dot up a player, he has no health, HE vanishes using stealth tool. he escapes.

10 people are hitting the target, he is stun locked, he has stacking dots on him, he is released from stun.... HE INSTANTLY STEALTHS and escapes.

I don't mind losing a kill, but when a player has a tool such as the ability to instantly stealth and it not breaking when they are dotted its just wrong.....

FIX it, it has to be a bug, because no one in thier right mind would make a skill allowing them to duck out of a fight and run at any time without a counter.

"i am away that dots some times do take them out, but this is freaking rare"

Shadows and the mirror have a 100% wipe all debuffs and dots button, so you push that then vanish and then black out = can't be seen even if i'm stepping on your toe and no more damage from dots :D

Yes please hire me, then i can set about making DAOC 2.

and stop crying over the op/scoundrel nerf. you had your fun 4 shotting fully gear tank spec tanks without them being able to fight back, suck it up and deal with it, you knew it was coming.

and as a note, i want it fixed not nerfed.

No, the situation you are seeing is working as intended. So if you still want a change then yes, you want a nerf.

You are fighting, you dot up a player, he has no health, HE vanishes using stealth tool. he escapes.

10 people are hitting the target, he is stun locked, he has stacking dots on him, he is released from stun.... HE INSTANTLY STEALTHS and escapes.

I don't mind losing a kill, but when a player has a tool such as the ability to instantly stealth and it not breaking when they are dotted its just wrong.....

FIX it, it has to be a bug, because no one in thier right mind would make a skill allowing them to duck out of a fight and run at any time without a counter.

I have to agree on this, Bioware needs to nerf stealth.

As a 50 assassin, learn 2 counter it. If I save my 4sec tech immunity for my escape and not to pervent a 4s stun, a long KB + root, the ONLY thing that will counter me escaping is AOE MELEE as soon as I force cloaked. My force shroud WILL clear the DOTS and stop tech/force attacks, but it wont prevent MELEE damage, only force/tech attacks (sorcs aoe KB ill be immune). IDK how many times I fought a stealth class and used lacerate (assassin melee aoe) the second they vanished on me, only to be knocked out. Its not hard, watch health bars, when hes below 30%, chances are hes gonna run, and get ready to do your melee aoe.

EDIT: or wait till he turns all white(assassins force shroud) or yellow (sages version) You have 1 GCD to get ready to activate your melee AOE before he presses his force cloak and goes bye bye

Edited by Erseneos

l2aoe

They should have never put stealth in PvP the way it is in this game. It's just going to be the source of endless griping.

Lets face it, if it wasn't stealth it would be something else.

This is working as intended. Suck it up and and employ the tactics several people (including the people you want nerfed) have given you to help counter it. Its not that hard. Sometimes on my assassin I get away, sometimes I get caught. Just like sometimes tracer missile rotations work on my BH and other times I get pig piled.

Edited by Fallensbane

Lets face it, if it wasn't stealth it would be something else.

This is working as intended. Suck it up and and employ the tactics several people (including the people you want nerfed) have given you to help counter it. Its not that hard. Sometimes on my assassin I get away, sometimes I get caught. Just like sometimes tracer missile rotations work on my BH and other times I get pig piled.

You misunderstand me, I don't want stealth nerfed, I think they never should have put it in the first place. It's not really stealth, it's straight invisibility. "Stealth" classes don't hide in the shadows or sneak around. They run right out into the open -invisible.

Edited by MorgonKara

detect stealth sounds like exactly the counter you are apparently unaware of.

They should have never put stealth in PvP the way it is in this game. It's just going to be the source of endless griping.

They never should have put in AE 7K to 10K for Juggernauts. It's going to be the source of endless griping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHuwPm6aDhs

Don't worry the nerfhammer is heading to your class very soon. AE 9K, really thats not OP but a 7K single target backstab from stealth thats a problem? Don't worry the metric TM, will show a lot of people using this once they figure out that Juggs are the new flavor of the month.

They can be standing right in front of you in broad daylight and you cannot see them. That's not stealth, that's invisible.

If you're a tank (or operative), you have talents that improve detecting stealth and skills that uncover areas. Tanks specced for it can see me before I can reach them in melee (not that i want to, i want the guy BEHIND the tank, even a farther reach) Its not straight invisibility.

They can be standing right in front of you in broad daylight and you cannot see them. That's not stealth, that's invisible.

correct me if im wrong but i think most (all?) classes have a talent that makes them able to see stealthers quite easily.

They never should have put in AE 7K to 10K for Juggernauts. It's going to be the source of endless griping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHuwPm6aDhs

Don't worry the nerfhammer is heading to your class very soon. AE 9K, really thats not OP but a 7K single target backstab from stealth thats a problem? Don't worry the metric TM, will show a lot of people using this once they figure out that Juggs are the new flavor of the month.

Fine with me. I don't stack bio stims and buffs and put all my talent points into smash. I also cannot turn invisible. :p

This right here is flat out incorrect. The problem here is you clearly don't know how stealth actually works. If a stealthy is standing in front of you, stealthed, you can easily see him for several yards. If he approaches you from behind, you will not see him. Don't complain about mechanics if you don't understand how they work.

If we stand in front of anyone they can see us easily. Don't lie.

Also every mmo I have played with "stealth" makes the user "invisible" and I have never heard that complaint before.

Yep, it's hideously wrong. Even in WoW you couldn't insta stealth with dots/bleeds on you...it's like 'extra life'