Any real life soldiers playing trooper?

Smygdamp

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played paintball once... does that count?

British Territorials.

5th Battalion Royal Green Jackets (Light Infantry and part of the UK's Rapid Response force) a very high tempo TA unit that did cool stuff all the time. Almost went to the first Gulf War but once the ground campaign started it was over so fast they just sent our kit back.

and later on the Royal Lancastrian and Mercian Yeomanry (Armoured Recon and Nuclear Biological and Chemical Home Defense. ) Basicaly we drove around in land rovers pretending they were tanks and if someone was to nuke birmingham we would all cheer, i mean, we would see if it was safe enough for troops to go there and shoot looters

Former CPO Corpsman with the Navy. Spent 15 years in and thanks to a couple "insurgents" I am no longer fit for active duty. So, now work at a hospital as a RN/surg tech and play my combat med in game as well as my guardian. Seems protecting people and doing damage are just ingrained in me.

My guild, the 47th R.E.F., has tons of active-duty and prior-service in it. Plus we're on a PvP sever and only allow Troopers, it doesn't get any better than that ;)

As for myself, seven years active-duty as a 19D in the Cavalry.

First team!

Edited by Cavadus

13 years in the Army, Active and National Guard (also basically active -- gotta love 4 deployments in 6 years).

Former 37F (Psyops), last term was as a repairman/crew chief on a black hawk. I figured I'd get shot at less often. Yeah, that worked out less well than I hoped.

Funny how much freedom you get as a Trooper. Guess those Delta Force guys really do have the best deal in the Army.

Our Guild, The BrotherHood, on the Veela Server, is all military/ex-military/military affiliated, and we are a "Trooper-only Guild." We've made some adjustments to that requirement lately...

Montbrun

Edited by Montbrun

Ya know...You can tell with all the "25D's and TPO's" they are real.

Can't read half of the posts :D

SoK though. You guys rock.

Knew a few SEALS and Marines in my life. Good people. Crazy as all hell, but ok by me.

Keep up the good work people!