Lethality suggestion for TA generation

Shwoop

My favorite idea in the OP is proccing off grenade or Dart ticks, fits best with the theme of the class.

Someone earlier mentioned "why does it matter it you're in melee range"...

Survivability. Ops are squishy. Concealment gets away with it with a "burst and run" strategy, which Lethality doesn't have ( at least not to the same degree) with more damage being spread out. Being DoT based, squishy, and melee is basically a death wish...

Actually I'm not even sure if 10m is enough. I'd love it if Cull and WB had 20 or 30m ranges.

Edited by Sylriana

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite a few people like the idea of TA being granted from DoT ticks. My biggest concern is that this might keep us in combat when we don't want to be. I know I've had HoTs rolling on someone before and for the life of me could not get out of combat when my TA would proc.

Quite a few people like the idea of TA being granted from DoT ticks. My biggest concern is that this might keep us in combat when we don't want to be. I know I've had HoTs rolling on someone before and for the life of me could not get out of combat when my TA would proc.

dots allready keep you in combat anyway. its dam hard to throw a corossive grenade without not dotting any1 else., unless he stands there allone ofc.

Edited by Achmed

Quite frankly the only reason I'm not playing lethality right now is the lack of TA generating abilities from lethality attacks.

Medics can get TA's from 4 ways: kolto injection, kolto probe, surgical probe, and shiv.

CC op can get it from three ways: hidden strike, shiv, col strike

But lethality: ... Shiv...? Which doesnt even fit the theme....

But I will tell you this, this was huge on the beta forums for a long time before live and they never listened then much either. My personal faith in bioware in regards with how they treat IA in general has been crushed. Its like if you dont have a lightsaber they dont much care. If they did this problem would have been solved a year ago.

Good luck trying to get this change in though, support it 100%

But lethality: ... Shiv...? Which doesnt even fit the theme....

also hidden strike. nothing wrong with this opener. and Clollteral doesnt realy genrate a TA since it requires one first. it basicly just lets u keep your old one / refreshes it.

also hidden strike. nothing wrong with this opener. and Clollteral doesnt realy genrate a TA since it requires one first. it basicly just lets u keep your old one / refreshes it.

Again, the only point I was trying to make was melee doesn't fit the theme of the tree and the fact that the lethality tree doesn't have a way to generate it's own TA's shows either one of two things.

Lazyness or Biowares just doesn't care enough about anything to do with classes that dont have lightsabers.

Honestly how hard with it be to add TA to any one ability in the lethality tree and put it on the test server? They were quick enough to nerf ops on three fronts pretty easily. Your telling me they can't make one adjustment for the betterment of a broken tree?

Honestly how hard with it be to add TA to any one ability in the lethality tree and put it on the test server? They were quick enough to nerf ops on three fronts pretty easily. Your telling me they can't make one adjustment for the betterment of a broken tree?

It certainly wouldn't be as easy as reducing an abilities damage from 300 to 150. In that situation it's just a simple mathematical formula that needs a couple coefficients or multipliers changed.

Telling an ability to add a chance to proc a TA on a specific DoT tick with an internal cool down is a bit trickier.

This is the main reason why I'm still in favor of Overload Shot replacing Shiv. It seems it would be one of the easier changes and I think that's something that would weight heavily on BioWare. Not only how easy is it to change something but how much of an effect will it have and will it be worth their time. Currently I don't think it's worth their time or that anything like this will happen within our time of playing this game until Diablo III comes out.

But cheers to anyone who's willing to try and make an issue of it. :)

So what about this:

Yank out counterstrike since that stupid garbage doesnt work anyways.

Instead, add in a talent that changes shiv to a 10m range shot that generates ta, shared cd with shiv (6seconds) slightly lower damage since its ranged with one upgrade to range of 5m. So fully talented it would be 15m range.

On a side note Ive noticed that evasion really only works on tech abilities. Force powers burn right through it... so whats the point? I mean honestly when Im getting hammered by two inquistors, and I hit evasion.... force lightning has no problem hitting me.

Ive also noticed that I press the button, and evasion doesnt take effect for almost a full second.

Not much of an "oh crap" button if your getting hammered even after you press it.

1 second, is a very very long time in pvp.

They also really need to change hidden strike for lethality ops. Going into and out of stealth for lethality is almost counter intuitive. A suprise shot or something from 10m sharing a cooldown with HS would give me a reason to consider using stealth again, however since its untalented stealth, its pretty much useless anyways...

Really, there isnt much synergy between the concealment and lethality tree....

They also really need to change hidden strike for lethality ops. Going into and out of stealth for lethality is almost counter intuitive. A suprise shot or something from 10m sharing a cooldown with HS would give me a reason to consider using stealth again, however since its untalented stealth, its pretty much useless anyways...

If we did manage to get a ranged TA generator begin to reconsider using Hidden Strike on an opponent. There would be some situations where I would prefer to just engage with Weakening Blast right from the start, stay at range the entire time, and completely forgo using Hidden Strike.

It would be a tough call though, Hidden Strike still does a good amount of damage and that will make me have to hum and haw for a bit before deciding what works best for me.

Again... L2P. Cull is a finisher, not a starter. The operative is designed to be played so that your opponent goes 'meh, you suck.' That's when you burst into whatever mode you specced for affecting somebody's hp.

If you start your fight with the intent of using cull for damage, then you're playing the class wrong. (well, not really... just so close that there isn't a difference.)

Basically, you drop somebody down to 50% and they're dead, not try to drop somebody down to 50% and then shout "I'm squishy!".

If you setup right, you can have 4-5 different dps effects happening inside of 9 seconds. (2 dots, Orbital Strike, 2 culls, 1 exploding probe.)

I was thinking that maybe we could find a way that sever tendon could grant TA. I was thinking replacing Adhisive corrosives with something like:

"No Escape: Sever Tendon has a 15/30% chance to refresh all poison effects on target as well as a 50/100% chance of generating 1 TA"

There may be a change on cooldown or energy cost to balance this out from being too OP, but I think its a better option than overload shot, which could be too overpowered w/o a shared cooldown with shive or not enough with a shared shiv cooldown.

I think I finally realized why we got stuck with alacrity and I'm blaming lethality;). Seems like design intent was to force a choice between med tree and using alacrity for the faster cast heal to get ranged TA generation and much greater energy options vs the lower tier DPS adds of the conceal tree.

I was thinking that maybe we could find a way that sever tendon could grant TA. I was thinking replacing Adhisive corrosives with something like:

"No Escape: Sever Tendon has a 15/30% chance to refresh all poison effects on target as well as a 50/100% chance of generating 1 TA"

I will put this into the original post. It's an interesting idea and we'll see what people have to say about it.

Why not give operatives a baseline 10m shot that shares same cool down as shiv? Have it grant TA, give it a bonus when cor nade is active on your target. At the same time make shiv benefit a little more from acid blade. Would help with the current clunkiness feel of lethal. While making conceal folks stay with shiv/melee.

Shiv refreshes snare and the new 10m shot refreshes dots. (just an example).

Apologies if someone else had this idea already. I didn't read all the pages.