Leveling as a medic?

Cruoris

Is it decently fast? Compared to leveling as concealement which is what I've found to be the fastest so far.

Also what companion should I use? I am level 24 atm, almost 25. I would like to be able to heal the heroic quests on Tatt.

Paired with a tank Companion, it is the absolute easiest to level with. I personally find it rather quick on trash packs (due to all the TA you get from Kolto Probe, then spamming Carbine Burst), but Elites are very slow to take down - however your odds of wiping on a single Elite are very very low if you have even half of an idea of how to play the class.

The only reason that I would, personally, consider leveling as Concealment is if I'm doing some PvP in between missions. The buffs to your healing let you and a tank comp solo any mission boss. If you want a bit more speed while still having a healing boost, consider a Medicine / Lethality hybrid (stopping at either Kolto Probe + Medical Engineering or Surgical Probe + Surgical Precision). Medicine / Concealment doesn't quite mesh that well though.

Edited by KelbornX

I've been leveling my operative as medic. I'm 24 so far. On packs with mostly normal and strong mobs I kill everything fast enough that my choice of spec would make little difference. On tougher stuff, I kill stuff slower than I would as concealment... wait, no I don't. I wouldn't be able to solo heroic quests and flash points as concealment. I'd have to spend time finding a group. Finding a group may or may not go faster than just killing the stuff solo.

Interestingly enough, it's typically easier to find a group if you're a healer :)

If you have no interest at all in group content and just want to plow through solo quests as fast as possible, concealment is probably better. I say probably because I'm not 100% sure that Kolto Probe doesn't cut your downtime down enough to make up for the DPS difference.

Kaliyo with up-to-date blues (occasional purple) or modded oranges with DPS stats in her tank stance, roll 2 probes and afk while she wrecks any group under elites. With elites, roll the 2 probes and DoT/BS/Shiv while keeping energy at 70'ish. Enjoy your free ride to 50!

Levelling as healing is easy easy easy for any class. Stealth is nice for skipping nonsense.

I leveled as medicine and it works fine. Really can't speak to how fast it is in comparison to anything else but it's got lots of survivability and can take out champion mobs easily enough.

Use Kaliyo, coordinate her frag grenade with yours, and that knocks out most of a weak pack's health for you to finish them off with carbine burst and another grenade. Stun strongs and stab the crap out of them. Replace Kaliyo with Raina.

It's doable, but it's much faster with laceration in concealment, however as others said, if you keep your companion geared up, you can sit back and do your healing ****.

Personally I don't suggest it.

Edited by Sookster

Pick just 2 points out of medic tree for faster cast on heal and proc... Rest going DPS tree of choice.

Its enough to heal throgh all HEROICs and FPs.

Especialy going Lethality for all those energy regen tools.

Medic tree might be required maybe for HardMode flashpoints .. but before it, talents doesnt give that much.

Offensive approach > defensive.

As IA you bring to group stuns/interrupts, which well applied are better than healing through avoidable this way damage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.