The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Rift? EvE? anything but WoW?

Toffle

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EVE is expensive kamikaze emulator. It's boring, repeatable, and designed to make you pay for more than 1 subscription for years to get to acceptable level of skills instead of actually enjoying the game.

Rift is fine to PvE for a couple of months. But be warned: it's very comfortable to play and you won't be able to return to SWTOR without feeling you have to lower your new standards.

Frankly, I feel like there is nothing interesting to play at the moment - just SWTOR because it's new and its StarWars.

GW 2 is an MMORPG damn how do people not know this.

I know. Some people are just damn ignorant... I have been trying to tell a guildie about Guild Wars 2 for months... He still to this day tells me he doesn't want to play GW2 because its gonna be instanced zones and no real PVP... its like no matter how many times I explain it to him he hasn't even heard what I say.

Anarchy Online, best MMO eva

to bad it was ahead of its time.. the engine they used didn't do the game justice... but after playing it through beta and a horrible launch they nerfed my poor FA duel wielding, black omniplast armor wearing, rebel adventurer into the ground I kind of gave up on it. Though i loved hiding under the bridge in the neutral area in LEET form killinf random people...

well honestly, pvp in eve while awsome on a grand scale of everything is player driven.. is rather boring at times.. its sad that while beating on a moon goo pos that half the fleet is alt tabbed playing world of tanks to get their pew vee pew fix...

It's funny... I've talked to people that used to play eve a lot and quit because it was "boring" they then spend the next month telling me stories about all the awesome times they had in it.

I really miss Everquest's faction pvp server where it was Good vs Neutral vs Evil... Was sooooo awesome

Those days are long gone :(

Sullon Zek was awesome... I too played there for a while. I had a dwarf warrior on the Neutral team.

I am definitely going to get GW2, but its not an MMO its a CORPG (co-op rpg).

Wrong. That may be true for GW, but not GW2 - far from it actually.

As for the OP... none.

UO, AC1, DAOC.... that's where it was at.

Edited by Jebi

EVE's PvP = extremely zoomed out watching dots move and pretending that it's exciting.

Eve's PVP is the best PVP I've ever seen. 1200 man fights where the only thing you're asked to do is target and fire is not though what I was doing when I played Eve - so that's probably what your problem was.

Small gang PVP and low sec piracy is where it's at. Save that powerpoint slideshow alliance nonsense in nullsec for the carebears who just want to be out there for the uber mining :).

Starting EVE now ?!?

You must realize most of the players, even the bad ones, are driving planets by now and here comes the newb in his flying tub.

In Eve, you can only fly one ship at a time so the fact that other players have the capability to fly 100 and you can only fly 3 is irrelevant to any one particular fight. Tacklers, interceptor pilots and other trees that only take a month or so to learn are almost always welcome in most gangs.

Eve's PVP is the best PVP I've ever seen. 1200 man fights where the only thing you're asked to do is target and fire is not though what I was doing when I played Eve - so that's probably what your problem was.

Small gang PVP and low sec piracy is where it's at. Save that powerpoint slideshow alliance nonsense in nullsec for the carebears who just want to be out there for the uber mining :).

Uhh, I love people that over hype the complexity of EVE's PvP system. No, it isn't complex, no, you are never going to be staring at anything more than just dots on your screen. Yea, people specialize there, whodathunkit, that's called team PvP. No, the fights are not close to exciting, because it's all automated.

People that say EVE has an awesome PvP system are just selling something. I've been in EVE PvP battles and they were all as exciting as watching paint dry. Pretending that setting range to optimal then clicking your guns or snare toys, or targetting a friendly to heal is some how exciting when you can't even see what's going on, or control is past inputting for a few moments is both laughably pathetic and ludicrous.

EVE gets talked about because the fights are large, but no one goes hunting down EVE PvP videos because they are always the same, a bunch of dots because of extreme zoom, because if you are fighting at a point where you can actually see ships, you're doing it wrong, and fail hard.

EVE's PvP is dumbed down PvP, being that it's all automated, but gets a pass because EVE is the last true sandbox game left out there where you can lose something and get attacked on a whim.

Starting EVE now ?!?

You must realize most of the players, even the bad ones, are driving planets by now and here comes the newb in his flying tub.

This is not true, you just need to understand that you aren't going to be competing in a battleship in a month. Hell I have 80m SP and I still fly frigate sized ships more than half the time. Even in fleet fights there is always a need for scouts as well as some ops that require wolf packs.

EVE is not a game where bigger = better. An assault frigate can kick the **** out of most battleships 1v1 and you can be flying one pretty early. You can also use frigates to quickly get behind enemy lines and cause havoc on mining areas and farmers and the best part? All of it MEANS SOMETHING. Every ship you destroy, every minute you keep their mining ships docked and too scared to come out helps your corp push forward it's agenda.

EVE's PvP is dumbed down PvP, being that it's all automated, but gets a pass because EVE is the last true sandbox game left out there where you can lose something and get attacked on a whim.

Dumbed down pvp. Trolllllolollololol. Themepark MMO = collect gear, queue warzone, win.

Not only do you have to build your own logistics network that is vulnerable to enemy attack(no free farming raw materials like themepark MMOs), you have to orangize fleets, you need to have proper scouting and intel on enemy movements. You need to be prepared for drastic escalation of fights to capital fleet warfare. Every ship you destroy directly hurts your enemy not just by losing a pilot on the field but the cost of building a new ship. You can cripple an enemy not just through fleet fights but through economic or political mean... but yea EVE is the one with dumbed down PvP.

Edited by DrekorSilverfang

tl;dr on most of that but yeah EVE pvp is awesome. I played for the goons for a couple months and it was pretty epic. 200k sp players can definitely be good if you have about a thousand of them in a system. ;)

The main problem that EVE pvp had (and the reason I quit) was that too much of it was pounding on bases and not enough was trolling around the galaxy ganking miners and ratters.

Edited by Alatare

Greetings everyone!

We ask that threads revolve around discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Since this thread is asking what other MMO's have the best PvP and does not offer a topic of discussion related to the game, we are unfortunately going to have to close this.

We look forward to your feedback on the game and thank you for your understanding!