Longtivity of this game.

AidTunn

Hey guys, all i see on the forums are flaming, flaming and more flaming. Im making this thread to ask a simple question.

What is the longtivity of this game? Is it good enough to continue paying? And how is bioware taking care of the problems?

Thank you for you answers.

Forever!

Oh and why are you asking people to predict the future? Go ask the guy that's already doing it, you know the one in rags yelling on the street corner.

DEV tracker has the fixes you can view, looks pretty good IMO so far.

Edited by TheHeadCapper

This game is supposed to be a story driven game. That is not a good model for a MMO.

I loved KOTOR. I don't play KOTOR anymore, since once I beat it what was the point. Once I finish all my class quests, thats pretty much it for story right? Especially since it seems they are patching traditionally (ie no storyline or new questlines, just generic dungeons/pvp changes).

If they want it to have longevity, and they want to be a 'story driven' game, they need to patch for story, and I'm pretty sure they either do not realize this or will not be able to do it.

Don't take anything you read here seriously.

Games with a quarter of the sub's this game has last for years , don't worry about it .

They seem to get patches out very quickly when they see a problem , of course some people here have what i like to call "the hot pocket mentality" and think 2 days to fix an issue with codding is a long time, but what can u do.

What is the longtivity of this game? Is it good enough to continue paying?

Way too early to ask and to answer, as "longetivity" implies "long time".

Ask again in a few months, or better yet, answer it yourself in a few months! : )

After all, it is your own fun or lack of fun that is important here, not mine/anyone else's.

Edited by Massimoto

For an mmorpg only a month after release, I'd say it's doing a fantastic job. SWTOR is my way of playing KOTOR3, so I'm playing as much as I can with the monthly payments that is so much cheaper than it should be with a story this big. Not that I'm complaning about the price or anything.

I love this game. Haters and flamers and trolls will stay being haters and flamers and trolls. Nothing can change that unfortunately. This game will continue as long as there's a loyal fan base (no problem there), and if BioWare continues to monitor problems, deliver patches, new content, system alerts, and listens to our never-ending problems... I think this game will last several years, if not an entire decade. By then, who knows?

For now, I think this game will last longer than critics think it will.

If they can add a LFG tool that is multi-server they will have a game that will last a long time. At the end of the day when people get to 50 the lower flashpoints and heroic quests will never be run again with the population at those levels. That will cause a vacuum for new players and they won't make it to 50, they will just unsub. Its already starting to show on some servers.

For the PVE crowd I think this is a must. I won't speak on PVP because I really don't like that aspect.

Edited by DDNitz

It all depends on 3 factors.

1. Bioware addresses concerns around all the major issues especially from what i have seen on the forums PVP, FPS, delay and maintenance etc.

2. Does Bioware wants to keep this as subscription until they have recouped and made an adequate profit margin on the game. Danger is that with anything EA they will want an add on out by October-December every year which can be great but can also be an issue as you might start spending 40-50 dolloars a year extra for content that is no more than a glorified patch. Basically we like new content but that does not necessarily mean you need to buy a new game. Look at EA sports games all are no more than an addon of the previous year. there is an exception but ususally its nothing more than a glorified addon for a lot of money.

3. Blizzard and any other MMO developer. This could be the downfall of SWTOR as its not the major breakthrough we had all hoped its let especially Blizzard off the hook and if it gets Pandaria really we made and interesting with an upgraded engine then it will start to hold onto the subs it has or even increase.

Bioware needs to learn from its mistakes and sort issues out if they do that they have a chance to make this a long living paid MMO if not it could join DC universe and LOTRO on free to play.

Im liking the logical comments that you guys are posting so far, im not trolling im just curious. Ive been checking out RIFT aswell and i know the endgame is amazing etc but its a year old, im hoping this game pumps out content like trion

Don't take anything you read here seriously.

Games with a quarter of the sub's this game has last for years , don't worry about it .

They seem to get patches out very quickly when they see a problem , of course some people here have what i like to call "the hot pocket mentality" and think 2 days to fix an issue with codding is a long time, but what can u do.

Star Trek Onlines Cryptic didnt sort stuff that was moaned about on forums for months, eventually after 2 years its gone f2p, i dont want this with SWTOR.

MAJOR issues need to be sorted at least within the next 3 months to avoid going the same way as STO.

I have faith in Bioware though, they aint the muppets that Cryptic are.

From what I understand, they kept the entire production team on this game after launch, as opposed to laying a lot of developers off.

This means that they will be able to pump out more story content in a shorter time than you would expect from most other MMO's. They can also reuse graphical content to keep adding more story and quests. And since leveling doesn't take long, I can easily see them raising the level cap without making a huge expansion out of it.

Edited by Stenrik

what longevity? you can easily have multiple 50s in less than a month playing casually at which point the bulk of the advertised focus (story) is less than 10% of actual gameplay (but plays no differently than the secondary grind content) and the voiced fetch quests that hold zero weight with little continuity runs the game into the ground.

after that, it's WoW in space with half the design features and space to roam. I guess if you want to feed their families it has great longevity.

they made zones into planets because reading the word planet opens a lot of hype and possibility on paper. where in practice they have more rails than a convalescent nursing home.

a stream doesn't pass the same place twice. in TOR it never stops passing it.

Edited by justamemory