ETA on fixes

Dark_magic

ETA on fixes for the SWTOR functionality ?

I got the idea there is no way you guys going to refund..

But I cant even play the game cause of screen flicking / random loading screens crashes and many other issues I've reporting this for days, yes I know you guys already aware of those issues but any ETA ?

I'm seriously thinking of calling a lawyer what you guys doing is beyond not acceptable and not even legal in some points.

Please this going CS reps not to anyone else please let them answer my question and do their

job.

Thanks

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Secretary: Thank you for calling Jackie Childs, Attorney at Law

Guy: Uh yeah I'd like to speak to Mr. Childs, I got a great case for him.

Secretary: Just one second while I transfer you.

Jackie Childs: My secretary says you got a great case for me?

Guy: Yes sir, I feel I was screwed by a video game company.

Jackie Childs: Oh yeah, how much we talking? $10,000? $100,000? $500,000?

Guy: Well, they owe me $50 for software that has problems.

Jackie Childs: $50? You calling me over $50? I should be charging you $50 for this phone call. (click)

But I cant even play the game cause of screen flicking / random loading screens crashes and many other issues I've reporting this for days, yes I know you guys already aware of those issues but any ETA ?

I'm seriously thinking of calling a lawyer what you guys doing is beyond not acceptable and not even legal in some points.

Please this going CS reps not to anyone else please let them answer my question and do their

job.

Thanks

If you feel the game was falsely advertised (it was, at least with respect to high definition textures) and you paid by credit card then just issue a chargeback. You're within your rights to do so, but be warned that your account will likely be permanently closed as a result even if you try and resubscribe later.

If you feel the game was falsely advertised (it was, at least with respect to high definition textures) and you paid by credit card then just issue a chargeback. You're within your rights to do so, but be warned that your account will likely be permanently closed as a result even if you try and resubscribe later.

Thanks a lot, about resubscribe ! are you kidding me ? No thanks

I appreciate your response but still waiting for an answer from BW.

<3

Thanks a lot, about resubscribe ! are you kidding me ? No thanks

I appreciate your response but still waiting for an answer from BW.

<3

This ia not the place to post for a direct answer frpm Bioware. And you probably know that.

Real reason to call a lawyer : My wife is ready for a double lung transplant, insurance denied financing lung transplant, we have to fight it or she dies.

Reason to not call a lawyer: I bought a game, and I didn't like it.

Really dude?

Real reason to call a lawyer : My wife is ready for a double lung transplant, insurance denied financing lung transplant, we have to fight it or she dies.

Reason to not call a lawyer: I bought a game, and I didn't like it.

Really dude?

This, it's the reason sony and BW added the "not able to sue me" on their EULA's. If people didn't sue over stupid **** and somehow manage to win our country would be much better off.

Edited by MaGicBush

job.

Thanks

Love the lawyer bit, great stuff. I am surprised folks actually are taking this seriously. The responses are classic. The OP is obviously taking a poke at all of the self entitled gamers that think like this.

So many folks are immune to sarcasm it seems.

Good laugh there OP.

job.

Thanks

Wow I wondered when someone was going to go the "lawyer" route.

save your money, you have a better chance breathing in space without a helmet on then you do trying to win against this.

BW just has to print this post that you acknowledge the game will be fixed and you lost the battle right there.

BW does not owe you, me or anyone else on an eta to a fix as there is never going to be an exact ETA to anything as it is subject to change. So either tick you off leaving it a surprise, or tick you off saying an ETA and then having to change it due to unforseen circumstances.

Edited by Fizbanic

Thanks

Playing the game means you agreed to the EULA, which means you are stuck with binding arbitration, but if you need a lawyer they will happily take your money, charge you for 5 hours work, then tell you there is nothing they can do because there are zero implied warranties.

Playing the game means you agreed to the EULA, which means you are stuck with binding arbitration, but if you need a lawyer they will happily take your money, charge you for 5 hours work, then tell you there is nothing they can do because there are zero implied warranties.

I really hope someone fixes that soon, a company should not be able to restrict your legal actions against them. All it will take is a big case going to court and judge out ruling putting such things in the EULA.

I really hope someone fixes that soon, a company should not be able to restrict your legal actions against them. All it will take is a big case going to court and judge out ruling putting such things in the EULA.

Except there is a reason the EULA got put in the first place. It was to prevent frivolous lawsuits like the OP is suggesting, which would clog the courts for no actual use.

Litigation is supposed to occur when all other methods of dispute resolution have failed. NOT for when someone has their lil' feelings hurt. We don't have limitation of litigation in healthcare and that caused malpractice insurance to blow through the roof. But only 5% of all "malpractice" cases brought to trial actual RESULT in findings of, y'know, actual malpractice.

But you still have to defend, so costs go through the roof and now a pair of hospital slipper costs $90.

Same issue here. If Bioware was doing something "illegal" then the EULA wouldn't defend them. If they were defrauding people's CC, marketing something as an MMO where you couldn't meet with other players, etc, then they could be sued easily.

OP's argument doesn't fall in that category.