Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Operative Nerf is too much

big_aug

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love my Operative. Even in it's current state I would not give up Concealment for anything, it's still quite powerful and no where close to as bad as many on these forums would like to have you believe.

If anything, threads like these only hurt the class, as aside from lacking a knockback or a way to counteract them, Operatives are FINE.

I love my Operative. Even in it's current state I would not give up Concealment for anything, it's still quite powerful and no where close to as bad as many on these forums would like to have you believe.

If anything, threads like these only hurt the class, as aside from lacking a knockback or a way to counteract them, Operatives are FINE.

Anyone can claim anything. Give me numbers and I can tell you if you are full of it or not.

On our server there's a full BM operative that used to be very frightening in PVP. Now he can't get me below 50% health before he is dead. I just need to hit him with a dot and then my normal rotation and he's gone.

Sorry but as a gunslinger, I think the scoundrel/operative nerf was overkill. I shouldn't be able to totally roll all over a burst DPS class without so much as thinking twice about it.

Scoundrels are better after the "nerf", learn to adapt.

We can stuck lock people now and actually require some thought.

Anyone with half a brain will just wait for the 2nd stun to break CC. Melee Scoundrels/Operatives used to be able to put real pressure on me as a healer. They didn't always kill me (not nearly), but they certainly got my attention. Now I often don't even bother to CC them. Obviously I'm not going to let them stand behind me, but it's easy enough to keep them off my back. They're a joke.

Edited by belialle

No they aren't. Wishful thinking on your part. Killing someone in 3 shots is clearly better than stun locking that person and ultimately having a *chance* at killing them.

Scoundrels and operatives are a joke now. I don't want them in raids because they are melee and don't have the DPS and utility of a gunslinger and I don't care about them in PVP because their burst is half of what mine is as a gunslinger and they die like paper dolls as long as I CC them when they put dodge up.

You blow all your stuns for 5.5s duration. That is not "stuck? lock" lol.

PS: Other classes have much more CC abilities and can CC you for longer.

During this 5.5s, you are hitting for far less damage than before; such a low damage in fact that it is hard to get any equally-geared player to even 50% HP anymore with a full rotation, after which you are left twiddling your thumbs with no energy.

Also, this only applies to Sorcs, because Mercs will not go below 70% after a full rotation. 1.2k HS Crit opener anyone?

Edited by Treplos

Again after the "nerf" I feel stronger. The class is not a one trick pony of lol opener and run away.

You can open and stun if you want to you don't even have to do that.

I was completely against the nerfs, but Scoundrels are better off in PvP.

If you don't think so you are undergeared or really don't know how to play.

Again after the "nerf" I feel stronger. The class is not a one trick pony of lol opener and run away.

I don't even play that spec, so I don't know if I'd feel stronger or not. Maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't. All I know is that Operatives/Scoundrels rank at the very bottom of my worries in WZs as a healer, and I think that is messed up. They seem like a class that is built to stress healers. The fact that they fail to do so seems to indicate to me that the class is extremely weak relative to the other classes.

So, if you feel good about where your class is, good for you. I'll continue to disregard most of you in PvP.....because you don't strain my resources unless you're double-teaming me.

Edited by belialle

Again, you do not give any real argument with numbers.

Show me your gear and I will show you mine.

I don't even play that spec, so I don't know if I'd feel stronger or not. Maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't. All I know is that Operatives/Scoundrels rank at the very bottom of my worries in WZs as a healer, and I think that is messed up. They seem like a class that is built to stress healers. The fact that they fail to do so seems to indicate to me that the class is extremely weak relative to the other classes.

So, if you feel good about where your class is, good for you. I'll continue to disregard most of you in PvP.....because you don't strain my resources unless you're double-teaming me.

The only healers I have issues with are BH healers. I can put just as much pressure on healers now than before because of the longer stun and can follow that up with an interrupt.

Again, you do not give any real argument with numbers.

Show me your gear and I will show you mine.

I am in full champion with a centurion piece.

I don't see your numbers either. The funny thing is I have a feeling BioWare is not done nerfing us. But I think we are balanced now, other classes like sorcs/sages, mercs/troopers, smash on guardians need nerfs. Especially sorcs/sages.

Edited by Bollah

OP is mad cuz he can't 2 shot ppl anymore

All I see is a bunch of kids playing other classes that couldn't care less and would love to see the class stay as it is, because well, IT IS GREAT FOR THEM ! I would love to see someone post numbers with the combat log we do not have, and the dps meter we do not have.

People don't understand that operatives NEED more utility, out of stealth we are cannon fodder, and if pushed away there is a very good chance we will not meet our target again for melee before death. We have no pulls, no pushes, no sprints, nothing to close the distance

IN COMBAT.

I honestly would only ask that bioware retune our acid blade so that our sustained DPS is fixed, and give us a gap closer. People ************ about hidden strike was getting old, and personally I would just like to see operatives put on an equal playing field.

You can have a gap closer when you lose stealth....

Ops have plenty of utility.. you are just a bad player because you cannot except that you do not have every answer to beat another player.

Then again we all know you OPs think stealth is crap and that you are so horrible weak now... Also you can get full movement speed plus get the benefits of Sprint... so the need of a GAP CLOSER is just bull.

You have stuns, snares, an AOE stun, and knockdown stun damage opener... Not to mention purge and you can heal yourself.

You OPs are bad players... Here is a crutch... maybe the devs will include a mechanic that lets your character play for you.

stupid thread Op spam able acid blade no cd 1 button face roll class

LMAO .. nice one .. spammable Acid Blade :rolleyes::D

I am in full champion with a centurion piece.

I don't see your numbers either.

I posted a lot of Warzones pics before.

Anyway, here are my stats, with +5% crit buff on:

http://i.imgur.com/q5351.jpg

What actual stats do you have?

Edited by Treplos

Ops have plenty of utility.. you are just a bad player because you cannot except that you do not have every answer to beat another player.

Then again we all know you OPs think stealth is crap and that you are so horrible weak now... Also you can get full movement speed plus get the benefits of Sprint... so the need of a GAP CLOSER is just bull.

You have stuns, snares, an AOE stun, and knockdown stun damage opener... Not to mention purge and you can heal yourself.

You OPs are bad players... Here is a crutch... maybe the devs will include a mechanic that lets your character play for you.

i seen this and i laughed so hard my turbin fell off into my curry. :)

I agree the nerf is to much, 20%reduction in acid blade reduces ALL our melee damage 20% less on hidden strike that's a combined 40% reduction on just one skill.. I can deal with the 20% reduction on hidden strike and 1.5 jarring knockdown but give us back our armor penetration.. I can't agree how hard it is to be a operative, u have to be behind the target, then when u actually do get behind them they end up 10m behind u because of lag/movement, so u have to run back and get behind them again and there up of course by then .. Can't count how many times , I get the error trying to get behind them skill is only usable behind the target. Pve damage is such a disappointment as well..

I looked up some of your past posts and you stated that there is only two classes that can detect stealth,while in theory that is correct,but just isnt so.

As far as another poster above said he see's no problem with the nerf or adjustment we had and he has champ gear and one Cent piece i would really like to see his numbers.

For me i have not been in a WZ since the update til tonight my toon is full cent geared Valor 57 two relics,i do not use any other buffs 70% of time aside from the zone ones.

I did not go all out trying to get kills,im more an objective player in mindset,but i have a hard time believeing any scoundrel or operative stating that they have an easy time with healers,either they are not being honest or they have BM gear against non PvP geared healers and most sorcs and Merc's.

Damage was cut,CUT ALOT as i feared and before someone says "You just want to be a three hit wonder" no i do not and we were not 70% of the time prior patch.

I agreed our stun needed some work and some reduction in opener damage,but this was a sledgehammer when they should of used a scalpel

First time ever i was ignored in the larger group fights,i mean really ignored to the point i was almost last many times going down.

They definately have to give some extra non stealth dps or put back alittle more on the opener imo.

Edited by Sathid

I agree the nerf is to much, 20%reduction in acid blade reduces ALL our melee damage 20% less on hidden strike that's a combined 40% reduction on just one skill.. I can deal with the 20% reduction on hidden strike and 1.5 jarring knockdown but give us back our armor penetration.. I can't agree how hard it is to be a operative, u have to be behind the target, then when u actually do get behind them they end up 10m behind u because of lag/movement, so u have to run back and get behind them again and there up of course by then .. Can't count how many times , I get the error trying to get behind them skill is only usable behind the target. Pve damage is such a disappointment as well..

I get that error a lot as a well btw.

Also to the above poster, my stats are in my Sig now. I think they are good enough, and I still stomp lesser geared players, but I still find it extremely hard to kill equal geared/skilled players.

Edited by Treplos

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.