The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Evidence Marauder is weakest in PvP

extreme_one

I tried all specs for a length , didn't try rage as long as i should have probably because the gameplay didn't suit me , i liked carnage and annihilation better, now i'm staying annihilation because i'm a cheap ***** and i'm doing a bit of pve and respecing gets expensive.

Also i admit i'm pretty darn addicted to the buffed up predation its so win in huttball and voidstar.

Ah and back on the tread i have no issues with my marauder, i love the class and even if it pains me being chain cc'd pretty often i melt faces 95% of the time , i'll b first on the damage chart most of the time and if not i'll be in the top 3.

I think its a very well rounded class and has a lot of tools at its disposal that if you use well will make you seem OP. Def not weak.

Sadly there are a lot of baddies around playing that class, and its true that when not geared they get chewed on easy. i'm not the best around by a long shot but i still do well.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the moment they will fix abilities delay and skills will activate on use (as it is at WOW, Aion) I see massive posts with nerf requests due to huge marauders potential which is hidden now because of game mechanic issues.

I hope they won't mess with classes balance after OP nerf and will focus on major issues fixing.

I come to these forums just to watch ppl burn in agony over their insufficient understanding of the game/class/mechanics/pve/pvp.

They will always and forever never be satisfied with their money spent.

I gloat and laugh at your pathetic attempt to play this game.

Whenever i choose a class to play, i never NEVER read the forums. it will utterly discuarage ANY class choise you make.

I find every class so far realy enjoyable, and it's a breeze of fresh air everytime i start a new charachter.

I hate these class forums, no. realy, i hate the bad players of this game crying there is something wrong with EVERY single class they pick up because they are ****.

At the moment they will fix abilities delay and skills will activate on use (as it is at WOW, Aion) I see massive posts with nerf requests due to huge marauders potential which is hidden now because of game mechanic issues.

I hope they won't mess with classes balance after OP nerf and will focus on major issues fixing.

This! it is being fixed so they say but from the test server the reports are not good and the issues are still very much there :(

Edited by skotish

• 2 months later...
I love the fact that after 1.2, we can come back to this thread and truly laugh about how much time has changed things...

...lets conclude this thread, shall we? Is everyone happy now?

time hasnt changed anything, marauders owned back then just as they own right now

bad players just didnt know it

p.s. -points for a pointless necro

So the big flaw in the logic of the opening post is "we removed our own maurauder's results to make it more fair" even if you acknowledge that Warzone results screens mean anything to balance (which they don't).

Because there was a total damage dealt number in the WZ and thus available damage points to spread through the team, taking out one or more of the player results skews the numbers. Let me exain it this way: in a standard deathmatch of first to 50 kills that means there is an available total of 50 kills for the team. If the players' kills went:

1. 15

2. 14

3. 11

4. 10

Then removing one or both of the top two makes the others look horrible in terms of total kills, because there was no way for them to get more when the hidden players took the rest of the kills.

To come back to SWTOR, saying "the other Marauder in the team only got 120k damage versus that Assassin's 200k" means nothing if your own Marauder got 300k of that total available damage; the other guy couldn't get more.

Basically, posting "proof" with hidden or missing data is invalid and proves nothing.

I love the fact that after 1.2, we can come back to this thread and truly laugh about how much time has changed things...

...lets conclude this thread, shall we? Is everyone happy now?

Nothing has changed with marauders since day 1 of early access of this game.

It is funny though to see it go from "boo hoo marauders suck buff us!" to "boo hoo marauders are op'ed nerf them!" When this whole time all I've been saying is Marauder is fine. I've been saying it since I hit 50 in my first beta run back in August and I'm going to keep saying it.