Time to stop leveling your scoundrel.

Blue

did they really fix the combat delay and unresponsiveness?

General

Fixed a bug that could cause the Global Cooldown to appear as if it has been cancelled when it is actually still in effect, resulting in a feeling of unresponsiveness to input.

Corrected an issue that could cause an ability icon to appear usable but be unresponsive to clicks or keypresses for several seconds.

Seems so...at least partially.

did they really fix the combat delay and unresponsiveness?

Shadows/Assassins do NOT do the kinda damage that a Scoundrel/Operative does, yet they share a simular playstyle and they seem to do just fine in pvp. Knocking someone on the ground then killing them or knocking their health down to 1/4th before they can flinch is not balance, its OP. Keep in mind you guys are a hybrid class, and were fully capable of out dps'ing full DPS classes. I swear the crap some people will try to defend is beyond me.

Edited by Darth_Nemisis

in mind you guys are a hybrid class, and were fully capable of out dps'ing full DPS classes. I swear the crap some people will try to defend is beyond me.

It's worth noting that all classes, as stated by BioWare, are intended to be competitive in DPS. A Scoundrel or Merc (which fit your hybrid definition) most certainly do and should compete with Gunslingers and Marauders.

It's worth noting that all classes, as stated by BioWare, are intended to be competitive in DPS. A Scoundrel or Merc (which fit your hybrid definition) most certainly do and should compete with Gunslingers and Marauders.

I agree. And I think people need to stop the doom and gloom before they try it and see. But a class that can kill you in 5 seconds flat is not balance, and I watched a Scoundrel kill a defence spec tank in that time, and those guys have crappy dps, but good def. By the time he got off the ground the only thing he could do was die. Thats not balance guys sorry, and I have a Scoundrel, and even I can see thats OP.

I agree. And I think people need to stop the doom and gloom before they try it and see. But a class that can kill you in 5 seconds flat is not balance, and I watched a Scoundrel kill a defence spec tank in that time, and those guys have crappy dps, but good def. By the time he got off the ground the only thing he could do was die. Thats not balance guys sorry, and I have a Scoundrel, and even I can see thats OP.

I love these comparisons.. becuase nothing its taken into account i.e. how long have they played what else have they played, whats thier gear like, how's he spec'd.. anything else? The point of the matter is a lot of us don't give 2 sh**s about pvp I care about this is going to affect my dmg in pve, but biofail is FAILING to realize that, so imo that can take metrics and shovem where the sun doesn't shine...

Way to go Bioware! How long did swg last before the NGE and crap?... Bet this goes to sh** faster

I love these comparisons.. becuase nothing its taken into account i.e. how long have they played what else have they played, whats thier gear like, how's he spec'd.. anything else? The point of the matter is a lot of us don't give 2 sh**s about pvp I care about this is going to affect my dmg in pve, but biofail is FAILING to realize that, so imo that can take metrics and shovem where the sun doesn't shine...

Way to go Bioware! How long did swg last before the NGE and crap?... Bet this goes to sh** faster

Well apparently Bioware did the freaking math dude, cause they reduced it, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that they know their game much better then you or me.And im sure they took EVERYTHING into account.

Shadows/Assassins do NOT do the kinda damage that a Scoundrel/Operative does, yet they share a simular playstyle and they seem to do just fine in pvp. Knocking someone on the ground then killing them or knocking their health down to 1/4th before they can flinch is not balance, its OP. Keep in mind you guys are a hybrid class, and were fully capable of out dps'ing full DPS classes. I swear the crap some people will try to defend is beyond me.

whut? was asking about the combat delay?

^Exactly what I was thinking.

Won't it be a minor effect on PvE? In PvE isn't DPS more of a long term average and how big your opening burst is is only a minor factor?

40% more mitigation of sustained PvE damage, thanks to the nerf to the armor penetration buff, is not a minor effect.

Before: 50% of defender's armor mitigates

After: 70% of defender's armor mitigates

70/50 = 140% of the mitigation we face now.

Well apparently Bioware did the freaking math dude, cause they reduced it, and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that they know their game much better then you or me.And im sure they took EVERYTHING into account.

I really hope you are trying to be sarcastic here.

How can two days of lvl 50 wzs generate enough data to warrant these massive changes? Especially, since only one class had its damage reduced. Since their internal testers apparently didn't catch the 30 second difference in Flash Bang to IA's version (or were ignored), I have no faith in BW's decisions.

Edited by voidsurvivor

um... seriously you trust bioFAIL to account for everything. Illum? server imbalance? gear imbalance because of poor pvp system. random gear in champion bags for idiotic grinding.

bioFAIL doesn't even play the republic side i bet. only class to get a nerf is scoundrel??? seriously? have they played in a wz recently? our opener is maybe 3k-4k but we are SO SQUISHY... if you taking away our burst give us some dots or survivability.