Operative/Scoundrel healing/shared spec pvp issues

ImApologetic

The thing with Op/Smuggler healing is it's hard to play. It's one of the more interesting healing classes I've ever played in an MMO and I feel like when played well it's one of the most powerful healing classes in the game with it's utility and mobility.

Now hear me out before you start judging this post.

First off, our main heal

2 Sec cast.... not bad but due to the fact that Alacrity really doesn't help at all makes it rough to land in PvP on focused targets. When used early in a fight and UH/TA stacks can be built it's more of a non issue. This heal could be fixed with one change that would fix most of our other heals as well which I'll get to in a second.

The short cast heal that requires a charge of UH/TA.....

This...heal...is....useless. I honestly don't understand the point of this ability... it needs to either have a HoT added to it (Which would work with well with our other HoT's) OR it needs to put some kind of buff on the target. Something like an x% healing increase or an x% dmg reduction buff. Something to keep this on a PvP healers bar.

The stacking HoT

I do like our HoT and when stacked twice it's very nice. The issue is with a 1.5 sec GCD getting 2 stacks of this on more than one person in PvP is a tall order and one that likely ends in another teammate dying. Honestly I would rather this ability do all it's healing in ONE stack instead of needing to stack it and if that turned out to be too powerful bring the healing back 10-15% on it.

31 point talent...

I understand that a lot of people don't like this ability, and I must admit it isn't great... but at least it's not the AoE grenade BH/Commando get right? Yes the Sorc/Sage AoE heals for more but it in on the ground (Read doesn't move) and must be channeled (Read can't move) so it doesn't leave much room for .... you know... moving... The healing on it may be a touch lackluster and could prolly use just a touch of love from BioWare but since it does move with the tagets it's healing it does still have a place.

Instant heal that requires TA/UH

Best heal in the tree by far no questions asked. Love this ability. The ability to spam it on targets under 30% is the only reason this healer works and can be played well in PvP. Please please BioWare don't touch this ability. You got this one right **Golf clap**

Diagnostic scan

Ok... now I understand why this heal is in the game, I understand it's purpose and function. What I DO NOT understand is why do I need to spend FOUR count them FOUR talent points to make this useful in any way shape or form? Honestly if this cost 2 talents points (1 for the crit 1 for the energy) I would love this ability.... but with that high a cost it's just not worth it in PvP at all. Side note I also think this being an instant cast isn't a terrible idea either as it would keep in line with our mobile healing.

Now for changes I'd like to see be made.

1) For the love of all things good and holy please PLEASE allow Alacrity to affect HoT's. You shove so much of this stat on our high level gear but really we only have 1 casted heal that's worth casting. Let's this stat work with HoT's would not only GREATLY help our HoT's and overall healing but also make our one casted heal a little closer on par with the other healers who stack a bit more Alacrity due to it's usefulness to them.

2) I'd very much like to have a CD added (1 min) that granted a charge (Maybe with that diagnostic scan change add a new talent that gives 2 charges????) of UH/TA. This change does 2 things for us.

A: When our one and ONLY casted heal that doesn't require UH/TA get interrupted we would have the ability to use the instant heal or even the quick heal (You know, with the changes you'll be making to it ) instead of standing around or throwing a grenade (I know pistol whip grants a charge but people aren't always in melee range and it's not always possible to get to someone before you NEED that heal)

B: When you come up to a fight and an ally is low and you don't have TA/UH what do you do? Cast the only heal we can and hope and pray they don't die... This CD would allow us to use our better heals without having to have already been a part of the fight (Much like shield+channeled heal for Sage/Sorc and Trauma probe + a quick cast heal for BH/Commando)

3) Dodge and the talents for dodge needs to changed.

A: This ability needs to dodge force and tech attacks, period. It just does. It last 3 seconds for the sake of pete.

B: The talent for this... while nice, doesn't really do much. I'd rather it either remove snares/roots OR and I like this change better make us immune to knockbacks for those 3 seconds. For a class with ZERO gap closers of any kind either way (Push enemy away, pull ally towards) this would help us immeasurable

4) Vanish... now this honestly bothers me so much about this class. How are you going to give us stealth, give us vanish and then reduce healing received.... AND DEALT by 100% for 10 seconds after use... ok the healing received thing I get... kinda... but the dealt? Really? Why? Why can I not heal my partner after using this? This just needs to be changed.

5) I would like defensive screen to change in two ways.

A: Show me ON the tooltip what this absorbs.

B: Let me use this on an ally as well, this would add another depth to the class that I think is somewhat missing.

Like it, hate it, couldn't case less. I just hope you read it and take it with a grain of salt. Yes I PvP... A lot and have in many many games though I won't sit and talk about how good I am at this or that, I just wanted to share my honest opinion of the class where it sits now and where I hope it can move to in the future.

Edit : I know it's long, sorry I tend to go into detail a little much sometimes, though I did try to keep it from being a mega crit wall of text

What navido said.

Every point he made hit home for me.

My only gripe is that even with the 2-piece set bonuses from the pve and pvp sets (-4 energy cost and +15% healing) our 31pt talent still feels lackluster, it has VERY limited range, and a VERY limited number of targets it can affect and it doesn't heal for much and doesn't even tick on application.

This means the only time you can safely apply it is when the target is not at risk of dying any time soon and is closely surrounded by hopefully 3 more slightly injured allies.

I especially like his point with shield probe, however, I really want to know exactly how much it absorbs and be able to cast it on friendlies. If this wasn't just for me, I could *maybe* save someone who's at low health and *just* coming in to range. As it stands I have to get in range, then hope I can get a Kolto Injection off before he dies.

Great list by Navido

I'd like to add a couple points:

- First of all, stealth. Its (very likely) the reason we have no real utility but unfortunately being a hot class we have the worst possible synergy with it, by putting a hot on someone who is in combat theres no way you can restealth for the next ten hours

This is a big issue our dps brethens suffer aswell, time before leaving combat should be greatly shortned, else we lose our best positioning tool

- UH/TA: The number of charges and their duration should be increased via a talent in the healing tree.

A moderate cooldown ability (say, 1 min) wich grants us a charge would be appreciated aswell, to reduce the possibility of us being caught with our pants down. Scenario: you just respawned, you pop a hot on yourself, move out of the spawn room, a teammate is in danger, you cast your heal on him, it gets interrupted, UH/TA has not procced.... you cant do ANYTHING ELSE other than popping a hot on him... wich, frankly, is idiotic

- 31pt talent: Needs to be reworked, in its current state its basically a pve heal, expecting to have 4 people in a 10m range from you in pvp is insane, greatly reduces its usability

Its HPS should be also looked at

- Diagnostic Scan: it was already addressed by some, but i'll put my idea in the pot (already did in the test server thread but we were redirected here)

Change it into a low cooldown, high HPS but low to moderate HPE channeled heal

- Scramble/Evasive Imperative : should be changed into something that is not a complete joke

I like the idea of it giving us knockback immunity but not only it would be an incredibily hard "skillshot/preventive strike" but also very easy to ignore since well... a giant green ball is easy to spot, isnt it? Might be decent if the talent allowed dodge to ignore the global cooldown

I'd rather have something i can count on all the time though, either a forcespeed-like burst of speed or something else entirely

- Alacrity: also already stated, since our gear is loaded with it, allow it to increase the resource regen and/or decrease gcd and/or affects hots and dots

Edited by Leszor

So I tried out Lethality. I did a raid and sa lot of WZs with it.

Without damage meters I can't say whether I did more dps or less, compared to concealment.

In pvp I felt like I had a lot less burst, required a lot more energy, and had a lot less defensive options.

Without concealment talents, Vanish is a 3min CD and reduces healing by 100%, and it's VERY noticeable. o.o