The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

They killed a whole class

Sathid

as it stands now they might as well get rid of the operative/scoundrel class with this much of a nerf.

I was hoping common sense would prevail,but the loud kiddys got their wish.

Someone need a lollipop? QQ

Edited by SiskoEP

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Experience may vary obviously but If you position yourself on a ledge you will most likely

a) end up dead in the pool

b) knocked down somewhere out of sight of your team where the op can have his way with you or

c) be a jumping up step for the enemy jumpers .

I personally try to move around as much as i can when i play sniper only stopping to burst if im trying to stop the ball carrier. Staying in 1 spot on ledge just tends to invite assasins/op to gank me or knock me off where my team cant help me.

That said if i can see an operative ill always make it my priority to kill it as sniper cause ill be saving my own *** that way. Most of time i end up face down dead tho.

You're doing it wrong. :/

The point of being on the ledge is to position yourself so you can throw melee off if you're losing the fight. Its a constant battle to avoid knockbacks when I'm fighting on ledges as an Op.

Yea no offense but you guys were OP.

I have full champion tanking gear and am tank specced as a vanguard and would get up from the stun with about 25% health if I was lucky.

I have also had operatives knock me down, solo my guarded target, and then when I get up I'm at about 50% health from guard damage and don't stand a chance.....

Not really fun to not be able to fight back. I understand burst is what you do, and burst is fine with me, but burst should be 25% health instantly not 75%....and you'll still probably do 25%+ after the nerf.

the only kids here was the people abusing the hell out of a clearly OP class

scoundrel and operatives needed a nerf they was insanely OP and you know it.

if you lvled those class's knowing they was OP to grief other players with, knowing they was gonna get a nerf eventualy then i have no pitty for you, you had it coming.

To be honest i rolled the class for Sawbones and healing not for the scrapper spec,but due to the Repub on my server being out geared i was almost forced into the scrapper role to try and get some wins.

I only played the Thanksgiving beta and i played a Jugg,i went to the smuggler class because i knew it would be the least played,guess i will always be right on that.

Last point,those of you not in the 50 bracket do not know this but there is few if any classes we can three hit,people will come on here and say different but thats the fact.

And you should all be concerned about how broad this nerf was,because it may happen to your class,your main.

Yea no offense but you guys were OP.

I have full champion tanking gear and am tank specced as a vanguard and would get up from the stun with about 25% health if I was lucky.

I have also had operatives knock me down, solo my guarded target, and then when I get up I'm at about 50% health from guard damage and don't stand a chance.....

Not really fun to not be able to fight back. I understand burst is what you do, and burst is fine with me, but burst should be 25% health instantly not 75%....and you'll still probably do 25%+ after the nerf.

25% equals death for this class,that is what you dont understand.

Think about it as playing a beta where classes were released untested by the devs. SInce they obviously had no idea whatsoever during their internal testing in pvp , unless they all just ran around holding hands in warzones singing koom ba ya.

As it stands now they might as well get rid of the Operative/Scoundrel class with this much of a nerf.

sorry but dealing 75% or more of a players life bar inside of 3 seconds is ridunkulous... and you all know it! this was broken its being fixed... just as i'm sure some of the Sorc's mobility is probably getting nerfed i can deal with it... but delaing 5-6k crits on first 2 attacks is absurd thats over 50% of a max tierd players hp pool and you think thats balanced? what world are you living in...

during beta they said there goal was long drawn out combat, not burst insta kill combat. They want players to have epic fights not 2 shotting folks and is why i say...

Damage in general is going to be brought down! either via class nerfs or buffing damage reduction in expertise... as it stands damage itself is out of control

the only kids here was the people abusing the hell out of a clearly OP class

scoundrel and operatives needed a nerf they was insanely OP and you know it.

if you lvled those class's knowing they was OP to grief other players with, knowing they was gonna get a nerf eventualy then i have no pitty for you, you had it coming.

the class was not op, the stacking of stims adrenals and other consumables made it op. just like it made all classes hit alot harder. ive seen marauders kill 3 people 1 vs 3, ive seen bounty hunters smash my whole group. ive seen inquisitors completely dominate warzones with lightning spam. and ive seen an operative kill one person from stealth

I admit, i had way too easy kills when leveling my scoundrel. Those kills didnt give any chance on the target to retaliate.

Also had way too easy kills in the all-bracket pvp. i'd go for anyone less than 50 and basically shoot them to pieces in a stunlock.

In the 50 bracket - not so much.

This is the thing

- Scoundrels need to be in stealth always, if they arent, they're shot to pieces in matter of moments in a group situation. Dodge isnt helping to mitigate damage, most abilities go through it.

- Because Scoundrels must be in stealth to survive, they go for the lowest HP player because killing your target will exit you from combat and let you restealth.

- If you were in full hp, most of the time i wouldnt even try to kill you without my "Vanish" CD up, because failing to do so would cost my life with almost complete certainty.

A class designed around the only mechanic to kill people by coming out of stealth and stunlocking - is supposed to come out of stun - lock - and burst.

The thing is, if people were REALLY getting 6-8k crits (which i've NEVER DONE in pvp gear) that was WAY too much. and might be the opener needed some nerf. But this in complete honesty was a tad too much.

Also think how frequently we just had 2 pvp patches both inspired by feedback that means they are listening that things are wrong and they are looking into things. IF the nerf was undeserved "which its not" the y would either fix it or find another way to spice up Op play. I dont remember another mmo which would have good patches coming in at such rate fixing things.

sorry but dealing 75% or more of a players life bar inside of 3 seconds is ridunkulous... and you all know it! this was broken its being fixed... just as i'm sure some of the Sorc's mobility is probably getting nerfed i can deal with it... but delaing 5-6k crits on first 2 attacks is absurd thats over 50% of a max tierd players hp pool and you think thats balanced? what world are you living in...

during beta they said there goal was long drawn out combat, not burst insta kill combat. They want players to have epic fights not 2 shotting folks and is why i say...

Damage in general is going to be brought down! either via class nerfs or buffing damage reduction in expertise... as it stands damage itself is out of control

Then give me a bubble so i can partake in this long drawn out fights.

25% equals death for this class,that is what you dont understand.

You must be doing it wrong then. I get up at 25% and maybe burst for 3-5k (Shockstrike ~3k and High impact Bolt ~1900.....if they both crit). After those 2 are used I'm usually dead.

The bottom line is that you kill people that can't fight back. I'm a tank and can get off 2, maybe 3 moves before I die. What about the non-tank classes? They can't even fight back bro.

I believe everyone who has spent any serious time in pvp can say with all honesty the class is OP and needs a nerf bat, but keep the tears coming your days of face rolling are over, you have to work for it now.

Quoting for M-Effing truth!

it's 50% roughly on our opener,go ahead be glad you guys,,,really waht jerks you guys are,you people destroy games.

How does reducing the damage by 20% turn into 50% loss of damage?!

MATH, HOW DOES IT WORK!??!??!!?

Just because Sorcerer's are numerous in numbers doesn't mean they're overpowered. People play them for the cool factor, not because they're too strong.

Operatives on the other hand have no iconic Star Wars character to cause a mass influx of people rolling them.

Also, allowing operatives/scoundrels to stay as they were, were actually ruining the PVP experience for everyone else.

You're a fool if you thought nothing would be done. Now you need to actually learn how to play the game. Enjoy.

Edited by KhealThar

Yes I can't think of anything more epic then a commando fighting a Merc. They can't even interrupt eachother. Truly awe inspiring combat system.

Epic as it gets. Who will win! GRAV ROUND OR TRACE MISSILE. Surprised this game isn't a e-sport yet.

Getting gibbed from 30 yards away while being stunned from 30 yards away is also awe inspiring epic pvp.

I also love all the knockbacks, instant cast cc and no diminishing returns in this game.

The complex combat system of a balance sage/madness sorc is also mindblowing. I mean who would have thought that a dumbed down shadow priest from WoW that takes half the skill to play would be so fun!

You must be doing it wrong then. I get up at 25% and maybe burst for 3-5k (Shockstrike ~3k and High impact Bolt ~1900.....if they both crit). After those 2 are used I'm usually dead.

The bottom line is that you kill people that can't fight back. I'm a tank and can get off 2, maybe 3 moves before I die. What about the non-tank classes? They can't even fight back bro.

Practice kiting. I kill OPs on my sub 30 Vanguard all the time (even 50s before the bracket changes). One of the easiest kills out there because I can actually use some tactics and play to my strengths and their weakness.

The non tank classes,oh you mean like Mr Bubbles that i cant do squat to,or how about Mr Sith Inquis that heals through it all even with my stun,or how about mr Rocket launcher that laughs and bends over and heals or the sniper with his shield that blocks my whole opener.

You know what,what has happened here is people who could not play worth squat screamed for a nerf on a class that didnt deserve it.

Edited by Sathid

As it stands now they might as well get rid of the Operative/Scoundrel class with this much of a nerf.

Sorry, but you're a bad. I dropped 3 tanks in Huttball today, all in literally 1.5 rotations, never got below 50% health.

I'm sorry they took away your ez-mode, but at least now we can tell the reals from the facerollers.

Although....TBH the resolve bar issue IS kind of blech , it IS filling the resolve bar, and adding a little bit more survivability to me to make up would not have really hurt anyone.

I'm sure people will cry they could have done something else,but when I see premades of 8 operatives, don't tell me there's not a problem.

Edited by LogicalPremise

The non tank classes,oh you mean like Mr Bubbles that i cant do squat,or how about Mr Sith Inquis that heals through it all even with my stun,or how about mr Rocket launcher that laughs and bends over and heals or the sniper with his shield that blocks my whole opener.

You know what,what has happened here is people who could not play worth squat screamed for a nerf on a class that didnt deserve it.

Yes, everyone else is crazy and you're the correct one :confused:

Just learn to play your new character and have a good time. Otherwise unsub if it bothers you so much.

Or? Maybe just re-roll as a Sage since they apparently just dominate pvp :rolleyes: