PATCH 1.1.1 Notes Released: DISCUSS

Rancorzealot

So lets see, 20% damage decrease in out of combat damage, and then a 20% decrease in the opener. 1.5 second knockdown instead of 3. If the stun uses the full resolve bar still, well I have better places to put 3 talent points.

It's not going to be enough for some of you people. It hurts the class, but we still will be good. Certainly going to be the least played class now for sure though. Any further nerf would result in it not being played at all.

Go read up on resolve! ;) CC does not have a fixed number per ability etc. Resolve works around a value. And every second of that kind of CC gives a decided value of resolve.

Mezz gives X resolve per second, Stun gives X resolve per second etc etc.

The resolve bar works very well, all you need to do is learn how it works, and play around it. (for example, dont use your breaker while your resolve isn't full, you will just get CC'd again. Or dont use your breaker on a short time knockdown, save it for the mezz or critical 4-10 sec stuns or when your resolve bar actually have become full).

Oh, and just to counter that "my class will be the least played after this nerf"..I have a habit of checking the setups in WZ's. And on my server, in the 1-49 bracket, the empires setups is almost exclusively 5-7 bounty hunters, and 1-3 SI/OP.

The republic side often have a majority of Consulars (rather even mix between sages/shadows) but I've never seen more than 4 in one game. Second most popular is the trooper.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go read up on resolve! ;) CC does not have a fixed number per ability etc. Resolve works around a value. And every second of that kind of CC gives a decided value of resolve.

Mezz gives X resolve per second, Stun gives X resolve per second etc etc.

The resolve bar works very well, all you need to do is learn how it works, and play around it. (for example, dont use your breaker while your resolve isn't full, you will just get CC'd again. Or dont use your breaker on a short time knockdown, save it for the mezz or critical 4-10 sec stuns or when your resolve bar actually have become full).

Oh, and just to counter that "my class will be the least played after this nerf"..I have a habit of checking the setups in WZ's. And on my server, in the 1-49 bracket, the empires setups is almost exclusively 5-7 bounty hunters, and 1-3 SI/OP.

The republic side often have a majority of Consulars (rather even mix between sages/shadows) but I've never seen more than 4 in one game. Second most popular is the trooper.

Yeah but a lot of those were omg Operatives are OP rerollers. As for resolve, if you are correct we will be able to open up with a 5.5 second lockout as opposed to a 3 second lockout. Which is actually a small nerf/buff in one package. They are just going to likely go back to their original population numbers is more of what I was saying. Which was the smallest to start with. Everyone wanted to play Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Darth Maul, The Emperor. Poor Han solo.

Edit: Math fail.

Edited by Kyrandis

Hope this smuggler/operative change sees it way through, and if they do, oh man, happy times. I don't want to see them useless, but at the moment, holy **** they are beasts.

Also, I hope they get a chance to look at the bugs plaguing sniper gameplay.

You see these types of sick ****s that duped your team, BioWare group? Immoral criminal mindsets.

You just trollin bro? Operatives were grossly overpowered. You just sound like "waahhhhh they nerfed me" They were 100% right to nerf ops, even on my tank they could drop me to half in an opener and then stun me for most of the rest. If my trinket was down it was practically instagib. Was total BS, catered to skilless players and was properly nerfed. L2P.

Operative nerf. It was only fair... honestly guys... if you can't see why then just... oh my god...:eek:

This patch is def a winner for me w/ bioware.

So crippling a class and rendering time invested by thousands of players worthless is your definition of winning? "honestly guys..."

You just trollin bro? Operatives were grossly overpowered. You just sound like "waahhhhh they nerfed me" They were 100% right to nerf ops, even on my tank they could drop me to half in an opener and then stun me for most of the rest. If my trinket was down it was practically instagib. Was total BS, catered to skilless players and was properly nerfed. L2P.

instagibbed?

"L2P"

You're out of your league here buddy. As in, you have no idea what you're talking about. Get to 50 and get your expertise up. An opportunistic class that requires more mental variables than any other to successfully complete his or her task is skilless? You're ignorant.

So crippling a class and rendering time invested by thousands of players worthless is your definition of winning? "honestly guys..."

-Do you still have a character of whatever level it was before the patch?

Yes.

-Is that character still playable?

Yes.

-Is that character still competitive?

Yes, unless you're an incompetent.

-Are nerfs (and buffs) an inevitable part of all MMOs?

Yes.

-Will Ops be FotM again sometime in the future?

Yes.

We aren't crippled at least not in pvp. PvE will require another spec now though. With my Respec costs at 90k atm, I won't be doing PvE anytime soon. We still will be able to kill people. And people will still call for nerfs.

If you haven't noticed they do not intend to remove our ability to stealth Objective Cappers. So at least we have some utility in warzones still.

WE WILL SURVIVE. However I cannot say that for any future nerfs.

Edited by Kyrandis

Now Imperial Sorc's and Inquizzys will rule the day like they have since the release.

Nerf those bubbles,they should be cast on one person and put more time on that cooldown.

But once again the crybaby's,kiddys win and will destroy this game.

They won't nerf a class that's the most played in the game. Easier for Bioware to deal with little QQ from the few who play operatives than nerf a popular class and expect a storm on the forums.

Highly doubt anything constructive in the Operative forums will come out in the patch. Gotta be compensated elsewhere and the finger is pointing towards out of stealth damage. Assassins and Bounty hunters are doing 3-5k damage per hit.

-Is that character still playable?

Not anymore. I've unsubscribed if you didn't get the implication just as you don't understand the nerf was excessive.

It seems that BioWare is pandering to salvage their subscriptions.

"Well Jim, let's nerf the scoundrels and operatives as they are statistically the least played classes in the game in order to make great benefit to the glorious nation of everyone else. These complaints have been sitting on my desk for a while.. perfect timing. You see, we'll lose some subscriptions but retain more in the long run. Brilliant, huh?"

"Great idea, Mike. Let's work on more Romance features.'