New "server" forums are a slap in the face

SirSlayAlot

This server forums are f*cking crap, how can they get this one wrong?????

I don't understand it.

Don't have the manpower? F*ck of, blizzard has their 400+ servers one forum for each, and then they have the battlegroup forums, its miles better than this crap, how can't they handle this?

You've never been slapped in the face, have you? Nor did you read the posts regarding why they chose to go this route, I suspect.

Your command of the English language is amazing. You do realize that when someone says something is 'like a slap in the face' it's just a saying like 'straight from the horses mouth'

That doesn't mean I think horses can talk. Are you really that dense?

Here are some examples of 'Slap in the face' used in sentences since you obviously missed 3rd grade English.

http://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/sentences-with-the-word/slap_in_the_face.html

All you have done Bioware is divided up the General Discussion forum.

Why would I even bother looking at my supposibly "sever forum" when 90-95% of the topics have absolute no relevance?

If you want to release something half baked, like patch 1.1, that's fine. But don't expect the community to use them. Of course some people will, but that is not your justification.

A low end SAN would of easliy accomodated individual server forums, your whole website and all your official forums as well. If you don't have the hardware, your architect should be shot.

While i think they can use an upgrade i think slap in the face is taking a forum a little too seriously.

If the demand goes beyond what you think you'll be able to effectively provide? No, that's not "basic business practice." That's called "overreaching."

Not that I necessarily agree with the reasons they're doing it this way, but... well, given the userbase here, maybe I do.

Two multi billion dollar companies can't supply this "over demand"? Is that what you are saying?

If you go back and read what they said, they are going to give this a try, BUT if it becomes apparent that more resources are needed due to heavy load, then they'll redo it.

I suspect that some children don't understand that there are 225 servers and having that many forums and policing them is a HUGE undertaking. Obviously they want to start small and ramp up as needed.

Don't act so spoiled and give it a chance. The best way to support your "Cause" is to use the system and get your friends to use it. The busier the forums are, the more likely they'll expand it.

This server forums are f*cking crap, how can they get this one wrong?????

I don't understand it.

Don't have the manpower? F*ck of, blizzard has their 400+ servers one forum for each, and then they have the battlegroup forums, its miles better than this crap, how can't they handle this?

Zing.

WoW set the standard, the player base has standards, Bio are not meeting those standards. This is my point.

I like this guy ^ he has intellegence.

I vehemently disagreed with your whiny/entitled post until I saw it was in blue font. Then I realized you were serious business and a highly credible source of opinion.

Yes, I wonder why the forums have that functionality.

Probably so nobody will use it.

Not really, it's there so you can use it.

All you have done Bioware is divided up the General Discussion forum.

Why would I even bother looking at my supposibly "sever forum" when 90-95% of the topics have absolute no relevance?

If you want to release something half baked, like patch 1.1, that's fine. But don't expect the community to use them. Of course some people will, but that is not your justification.

A low end SAN would of easliy accomodated individual server forums, your whole website and all your official forums as well. If you don't have the hardware, your architect should be shot.

Okay and, I'm hypothesizing here, but I'd hazard to say, given the draconian and heavy handed moderation here, that this move has more to do with moderation than with hardware or lack thereof. Think about it: I have seen people get warnings for saying things not nearly as bad as quest givers have said to my SI toon during dialogue. As a matter of fact, and I am being serious here, I have seen punishment doled out at a higher frequency in this game and on these boards than on some religious and academic forums I have visited.

lmao.

I almost think this guy is doing some kind of sophisticated satire of a Blizzard fan.

Lets put it this way, fan sites for Aion, warhammer etc HAD FREAKING SERVER FORUMS.

Bioware DOESNT HAVE

Bioware shutted down any sense of building a comunity fast by not having these forums, the game already feels like it has no community cohesion like other games I've seen (not that wow has community we got server transfer to thank for that)

Edited by Fireline

If you go back and read what they said, they are going to give this a try, BUT if it becomes apparent that more resources are needed due to heavy load, then they'll redo it.

I suspect that some children don't understand that there are 225 servers and having that many forums and policing them is a HUGE undertaking. Obviously they want to start small and ramp up as needed.

Don't act so spoiled and give it a chance. The best way to support your "Cause" is to use the system and get your friends to use it. The busier the forums are, the more likely they'll expand it.

At least 3 years in the making, massive budget. They have plenty of time to do anything. And 225 forums, copy and pasted, is not a huge undertaking.

Edited by SirSlayAlot