Community Blog: Ilum PvP issues

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me put this in a different context. In actual warfare, camping is something that happens. One major battle comes to mind of a bunch of people camping a smaller force. The Battle of the Alamo.

So before you talk about stealing make sure your examples make sense. kthnxbye

My examples do make sense. This is a game, not actual warfare. It is a bunch of code made by a developing team. The point I was making, which you missed, is that just because you CAN do something does not mean you are ALLOWED to do something. Therefor, my point is still valid. If you can exploit in this game, BioWare just told you that you are not allowed to, so you will face the consequences of such action. Deal with it.

Who cares about your screw-up with the 1.1. patch? This was never an urgent issue. The issue has always been and will continue to be-- that, where there is 200 Imperial players there is barely 20 Republic players. Imperial players can complete their daily in the matter of an hour whereas Republic players need two days to complete it. This means that every single level 50 Imperial player have at least 500 Expertise whereas barely a handful Republic players have the same. Since barely a handful Republic players have the same average grade of Expertise on their equipment the majority of Republic players continue to get their asses kicked thus can barely gain any equipment or valor levels, and cannot once fight back properly to give Imperial players competition. So if you play Imperial there is never any competition, and if you play Republic you're not gonna get anywhere with your eqiupment.

Server: Bloodworthy

Imperial population on Ilum: 200

Republic population on Ilum: 20

Imperials with 500+ Expertise: 150

Republics with 500+ Expertise: 1

And don't say that I somehow have no idea what I'm talking about. I have a 50 Sorcerer that is fully equipped in Champion down to the relics, and a 50 Sage. I believe that calls for experience.

So, anyway, good job on making the most imbalanced game ever in MMO history, and more importantly for making sure you focus on everything else but that imbalance.

/subscription cancelled

@IkeBohm

Actually, as to your comment about your *entitlement* in the manner that you respond...

Yes, you *do* have to respond in a civilized, mature and reasonable manner to issues you take umbrage with. That's pretty much how we do things out here in the real world.

Failure to do so labels you as a troll.

My examples do make sense. This is a game, not actual warfare. It is a bunch of code made by a developing team. The point I was making, which you missed, is that just because you CAN do something does not mean you are ALLOWED to do something. Therefor, my point is still valid. If you can exploit in this game, BioWare just told you that you are not allowed to, so you will face the consequences of such action. Deal with it.

You just destroyed your own point. This is just a bunch of code. So any real life examples are null and void.

The thing is this. This is not an exploit. This is imperials outnumbering Republic players. Plain and simple. No one should be punished. Because its not the players fault.

@IkeBohm

Actually, as to your comment about your *entitlement* in the manner that you respond...

Yes, you *do* have to respond in a civilized, mature and reasonable manner to issues you take umbrage with. That's pretty much how we do things out here in the real world.

Failure to do so labels you as a troll.

No. Plain and simple. I don't have to do anything. That is where you are wrong.

You just destroyed your own point. This is just a bunch of code. So any real life examples are null and void.

The thing is this. This is not an exploit. This is imperials outnumbering Republic players. Plain and simple. No one should be punished. Because its not the players fault.

You say any real life examples are null and void, yet your making your own point earlier about "war" null and void.

Who cares about your screw-up with the 1.1. patch? This was never an urgent issue. The issue has always been and will continue to be-- that, where there is 200 Imperial players there is barely 20 Republic players. Imperial players can complete their daily in the matter of an hour whereas Republic players need two days to complete it. This means that every single level 50 Imperial player have at least 500 Expertise whereas barely a handful Republic players have the same. Since barely a handful Republic players have the same average grade of Expertise on their equipment the majority of Republic players continue to get their asses kicked thus can barely gain any equipment or valor levels, and cannot once fight back properly to give Imperial players competition. So if you play Imperial there is never any competition, and if you play Republic you're not gonna get anywhere with your eqiupment.

Server: Bloodworthy

Imperial population on Ilum: 200

Republic population on Ilum: 20

Imperials with 500+ Expertise: 150

Republics with 500+ Expertise: 1

And don't say that I somehow have no idea what I'm talking about. I have a 50 Sorcerer that is fully equipped in Champion down to the relics, and a 50 Sage. I believe that calls for experience.

So, anyway, good job on making the most imbalanced game ever in MMO history, and more importantly for making sure you focus on everything else but that imbalance.

/subscription cancelled

I don't see how it's very much bioware's fault that a lot of people play empire...

I Guess you could say 'Empire was made to be more appealing" but, persoanlly I don't see it.

My Trooper and my Sith Warrior are both fun.

My point was to show him how stupid his points were. It was never there to be an argument to prove my point.

There was an argument, if you had to bring up your "points." And with your comment about "null and void" are you not validating his points by proving yours are null and void? Meaning if you think his is stupid, and your trying to combat his points with a point that isn't even valid, then his is still valid.

Agreed.

Bioware shouldn't punish players for their own bad design choices and lack of foresight.

These players aren't taking advantage of any exploit or cheating, just trying to kill the pubbies and get their dailies/weeklies.

Nobody deserves a slap on the hand from Bioware for that.

Looks like you've finally found someone competent to respond. However, anything less than a roll-back is a failure. I'm playing 1 more month so that I don't quit abruptly and leave my guild wondering what is going on. Your team just didn't live up to expectations: too many failures of too large a magnitude with too little of a meaningful response.

but it's fair to assume not every player thought what they were doing was some form of abuse, or even the majority of players some may argue (I'm sure most everyone thought it was stupid, or broken, but some people think Agents in WZ's are too, and its not exactly abuse to play an agent in WZ's), but in order to roll back rewards, you would have to punish people unaware that they were abusing the game which would be completely unreasonable.

I agree with you on 2 points, one that most people who were PvP'ing didn't think they were participating in an exploit, and 2 Agents are OP in warzones (screw that appear out of nowhere, escaping, and repeatedly getting 1st strikes!); the latter mainly because my Sorcerer hates to lose... :cool:

Agreed.

Bioware shouldn't punish players for their own bad design choices and lack of foresight.

These players aren't taking advantage of any exploit or cheating, just trying to kill the pubbies and get their dailies/weeklies.

Nobody deserves a slap on the hand from Bioware for that.

My answer to someone else appies to you as well:

"I personally would never call what happened an "exploit". But the fact remains that this was not supposed to happen.

If your bank makes a mistake and deposits 1000$ in your account, you don't get to keep it. "

I highly doubt that these players will be banned or locked. They will simply remove the valor obtained at that time and location. No one will get hurt.

Edited by Joeymtl

And that is bad how? It's a game bugs happen, the base camping portion was a bug. Of course they are controlling damage...

Good god fan boys these days....this game can NOT do any bad can it?

Anyways, in regards to the article...

well, I suppose it should be easy for them to identify "offenders". All they have to look at is Empire, LOL.

My answer to someone else appies to you as well:

"I personally would never call what happened an "exploit". But the fact remains that this was not supposed to happen.

If your bank makes a mistake and deposits 1000$ in your account, you don't get to keep it. "

I highly doubt that these players will be banned or locked. They will simply remove the valor obtained at that time and location. No one will get hurt.

That example makes no sense.