Community Blog: Ilum PvP issues

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, this is a clear statement you´re just vaguely ranting and have no idea whatsoever on what you´re saying.

Battlemaster gear doesn´t give that much more of expertise so you can´t tie the gear to not be able to dmg one imperial with 4 reps.

Either :

1 - You´re lying just to get an excuse for ranting.

2 - You´re making it up and have no idea about pvp gear.

Either way making these statements doesn´t help.

50 Shadow here with 280 expertise. I take out BH 1v1 8-10 times. You just need to know how to play them. They only have one CC and two push backs. I have the opening advantage, two cc's and force slow so they can't get away. They are a lot easier then the sorc are.

50 Shadow here with 280 expertise. I take out BH 1v1 8-10 times. You just need to know how to play them. They only have one CC and two push backs. I have the opening advantage, two cc's and force slow so they can't get away. They are a lot easier then the sorc are.

Crap forgot I have knock out kick out of stealth. that make thee cc's.

Any news on whether or not BW is going to fix this kill trading in Ilum nonsense? On my pvp server Republics and Empire clump up into little groups and take turns aoeing each other down to complete their dailies/weeklies and to farm valor. This is definitely NOT the way the developers intended for pvp to work on Ilum, at least I hope not.

Bioware has already set a precedent that this kind of exploitation is not ok, when they warned players who speeder camped and adjusted the valor of players who gained excessive amounts in that 24 hour period. These players are also exploiting valor knowingly/voluntarily and should definitely be reprimanded and adjusted as well.

Any news on whether or not BW is going to fix this kill trading in Ilum nonsense? On my pvp server Republics and Empire clump up into little groups and take turns aoeing each other down to complete their dailies/weeklies and to farm valor. This is definitely NOT the way the developers intended for pvp to work on Ilum, at least I hope not.

Bioware has already set a precedent that this kind of exploitation is not ok, when they warned players who speeder camped and adjusted the valor of players who gained excessive amounts in that 24 hour period. These players are also exploiting valor knowingly/voluntarily and should definitely be reprimanded and adjusted as well.

As far as we know, they didn't adjust anybodys valor.

"Rest assured though, anyone and everyone who is found to have exploited the situation to an unreasonable degree will be investigated and actions taken as needed. Our in-game metrics are able to give us precise details on where players were, what they were doing and what rewards they gained."

I took that to mean valor adjustments, but it could be interpreted differently. However, that irrelevant issue aside, Bioware still made a clear stance that exploitation of situation in a manner that was not intended is not ok.

Kill trading to gain valor without versing another player in pvp is definitely an exploitation of the situation.

I would like to see an official stance from a GM on this issue, however. Since it is game breaking in my opinion. Hence the reason I inquired if there had been a statement issued yet.

Tell one of the people on the "PvP design team" to go check out Warhammer, then do that on Ilum. Once that's done, tell the design team to come up with something original, but atm you need to hit the bar. Give us our PvP please. Ilum and the objectivity of WZs ought to be top of the list topics. They ought to be considered "bugs" and not "new content", by the terminology of the latest posting dev. They are currently non functional.

Has anyone at all been suspended or had their Valor taken away? Anyone at all?

I know people who effectively grinded from nothing to BM during the exploit time, and still no rollbacks. They're probably just saying there will be rollbacks in order to calm the masses. 50 bucks we never see any rectification. Until they come out with a new PvP ranking system (which theyve said they're working on), valor is meaningless. Of course even if you ARE geared in t3 PvP....where are you going to use it? The deathmatch WZs or for pull camping the base on Ilum? PvP=BROKEN. Whoever's in charge of PvP thus far ought to be removed. They just....aren't....doing....their....job.

I know people who effectively grinded from nothing to BM during the exploit time, and still no rollbacks. They're probably just saying there will be rollbacks in order to calm the masses. 50 bucks we never see any rectification. Until they come out with a new PvP ranking system (which theyve said they're working on), valor is meaningless. Of course even if you ARE geared in t3 PvP....where are you going to use it? The deathmatch WZs or for pull camping the base on Ilum? PvP=BROKEN. Whoever's in charge of PvP thus far ought to be removed. They just....aren't....doing....their....job.

This is the sort of post that cause people to become inflamed.

I was there on the day of the supposed cheating, lol, but noone could have gained that much valour you have no idea what you are talking about and are nothing more than a troll.

The valour gained on that day is insignificant to the amount of valour farmed since then.

If they were to remove the valour I got that day I doubt I would even drop a level, im now rank 57.

I knew I shoulda cheated too.

You are a rebel so you could not have done what was done.

Also there was no cheating going on, to allude that there was is slander and I might report you for defamatory trolling.

Also there was no cheating going on, to allude that there was is slander and I might report you for defamatory trolling.

The term he should have used is "exploiting". Since they have taken no action, I guess they must allow exploiting in SWTOR (unlike every other MMO). So he is saying he should have exploited the design flaw, like others were doing.

The next time something like this occurs, you can bet that everyone will abuse it - the precedent is set.

Edited by Brad-

This day is done and gone, in the past. People cheated, and will continue to do so. How many different and unique names do you want me to post from the server I play on who continue to win or kill trade. Either solo or in groups. Regardless of faction? I have several screen shots - it is stupid.

I hit 50 last weekend. Prior to reaching 50 I ding'd lvl 40 valor - the legit way by playing in warzones. Warzones with all levels pre patch and 10 - 49 after. I always had fun. I never once complained. I was usually out geared or close. I still had fun. I play a smuggler. I play on a PvP server. I respeced from sharpshooter to dirty fighting for world pvp. I still had fun.

What kills me though once I hit 50 is that most people on my server do nothing more than post in /chat asking for ops groups who are grouping and trading kills. Maybe I'm the 1%, maybe the small group whom I play with is the 1%, maybe it is that we all played DaOC back in the day and understand how PvP is in theory supposed to work with objective pased quests or tasks. Maybe we are honest, or stupid - hell, take your pick.

Point is regardless of what happened on the patch day is gone yet there is a bigger issue that is actually ruining the game for ME! I think it is cheating. I think it is giving the already over populated side yet another advantage when we make it easy for them to finish instead of making it harder.

Please make diminishing returns on kills. It will have a immediate impact on the trading that is going on. I can't stress this enough. It really isn't fun. I honestly don't care about the population issues - I've always faced that. But the cheating to get something quicker than the original intent is wrong.

I'm guessing the reason why this isn't addressed yet is because PvP subscribers make up the minority of the overall game. Who cares if one or two of us leave. But I like the game, I love the questing, but at the end of the day I like the pvp side of the house because I can pick up anytime of the day and stop.

I don't want to commit to a raid for 3 hours a night, 3 days a week, for a object I may not win the roll on. Killing a scripted object isn't fun for me. Killing another person on the other faction who is also escaping reality for a bit of fun is exciting.

Cheating isn't. And I don't like the fact that I worked as I quested to earn lvl 40 valor (yeah, nothing to write home about) yet someone else who didn't earns it in a matter of hours by trading.

There isn't any common sense to this.

Edited by Incendergel

This day is done and gone, in the past. People cheated, and will continue to do so. How many different and unique names do you want me to post from the server I play on who continue to win or kill trade. Either solo or in groups. Regardless of faction? I have several screen shots - it is stupid.

I hit 50 last weekend. Prior to reaching 50 I ding'd lvl 40 valor - the legit way by playing in warzones. Warzones with all levels pre patch and 10 - 49 after. I always had fun. I never once complained. I was usually out geared or close. I still had fun. I play a smuggler. I play on a PvP server. I respeced from sharpshooter to dirty fighting for world pvp. I still had fun.

What kills me though once I hit 50 is that most people on my server do nothing more than post in /chat asking for ops groups who are grouping and trading kills. Maybe I'm the 1%, maybe the small group whom I play with is the 1%, maybe it is that we all played DaOC back in the day and understand how PvP is in theory supposed to work with objective pased quests or tasks. Maybe we are honest, or stupid - hell, take your pick.

Point is regardless of what happened on the patch day is gone yet there is a bigger issue that is actually ruining the game for ME! I think it is cheating. I think it is giving the already over populated side yet another advantage when we make it easy for them to finish instead of making it harder.

Please make diminishing returns on kills. It will have a immediate impact on the trading that is going on. I can't stress this enough. It really isn't fun. I honestly don't care about the population issues - I've always faced that. But the cheating to get something quicker than the original intent is wrong.

I'm guessing the reason why this isn't addressed yet is because PvP subscribers make up the minority of the overall game. Who cares if one or two of us leave. But I like the game, I love the questing, but at the end of the day I like the pvp side of the house because I can pick up anytime of the day and stop.

I don't want to commit to a raid for 3 hours a night, 3 days a week, for a object I may not win the roll on. Killing a scripted object isn't fun for me. Killing another person on the other faction who is also escaping reality for a bit of fun is exciting.

Cheating isn't. And I don't like the fact that I worked as I quested to earn lvl 40 valor (yeah, nothing to write home about) yet someone else who didn't earns it in a matter of hours by trading.

There isn't any common sense to this.

Kill trading is NOT CHEATING, Per BioWare.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=222927

"Rest assured though, anyone and everyone who is found to have exploited the situation to an unreasonable degree will be investigated and actions taken as needed. Our in-game metrics are able to give us precise details on where players were, what they were doing and what rewards they gained."

I took that to mean valor adjustments, but it could be interpreted differently. However, that irrelevant issue aside, Bioware still made a clear stance that exploitation of situation in a manner that was not intended is not ok.

Kill trading to gain valor without versing another player in pvp is definitely an exploitation of the situation.

I would like to see an official stance from a GM on this issue, however. Since it is game breaking in my opinion. Hence the reason I inquired if there had been a statement issued yet.

Not an exploit/cheating per BW GM:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=222927

BW never rolled back anyone that day for Valor gains, they rolled back the people that took level 16-17 players to the Turrets and camped them there while Ops groups killed turrets and got player from mid-teens to level 50 in one day.

Edited by Leftnut

What's a rebel? Someone who rebels? I follow the rules.

Bounty Hunter here by the way, in case the obvious Bounty Hunter avatar didn't give it away.

I know people who effectively grinded from nothing to BM during the exploit time, and still no rollbacks

No.

You don't. Period.

Unsubstantiated comments like this are how the initial firestorm got started, and then was proven to be false.

Just stop.

Edited by Azurewind

No.

You don't. Period.

Unsubstantiated comments like this are how the initial firestorm got started, and then was proven to be false.

Just stop.

I have not seen that proof. I have seen videos where people were amassing insane amounts of Valor. Where is the proof that people were not getting more Valor than was reasonable or expected?

Edited by Brad-