I want to help my guildies and friends but..

Sylvan

Travelling from one planet to another to help them is a pain in the bum, plain and simple.

There is no good reason to make travelling such a chore Bioware. You've said you want to remove the grind from MMO's and put fun into everything. Trust me, travelling in TOR is not fun.

It's boring.

It's repetitive

It takes too long.

I understand you want players to explore the planets you have created, and for those visiting them for the first time, I get that and I understand the travel point unlocking system.

I'm level 50, been level 50 for weeks and I did every quest, bonus series and heroic your game has to offer, twice! I have almost every datacron, I've explored and travalled around....I don't need to spend 5 minutes on a painfully slow flying bird after a 7 stage painfully slow and cumbersome space transition just to help my guildies.

For the love of all that is holy put a "travel to group" option in, with one stipulation.

You can only travel to your group if you have explored the planet, and the location where they are. You'd land in the closest fast travel point near to their location and pay all the fuel/fast travel costs you'd normally incur getting from point A (any planet) to point B (your friends planet).

Please, I'm begging you put this in. I'm a guild officer and 10 minute utterly boring trips are starting to really annoy me.

I think one of the dumbest comments I've read on these forums was "SWTOR should have been set on one planet"

I seriously hope nothing like that pops up here

Now maybe there could be an ability that lets you warp to an ally.

Same I hate going to the airport having to wait in line to go through security, and then the wait for my flight is unbearable, and then we have board and wait for it to take off.... aswell as the flight times... so long they need to be shortened... don't get me started on taxing..

TL;DR

The 30 sec- 2min load times/running are fine.

Edited by Seravie

lol, traveling is so easy already.

You think so? Ever travelled from a cave on Belsavis when a guildie needs help, just after you used your fast travel device, to a heroic on Alderaan?

You are looking at 10 minutes travel time, all of it pointless, storyless, content lacking timesinkery. The views might be nice, but they get old real quick.

When I click on a space shuttle on Alderaan, I should get the option to

"travel to ship"

and

"view galaxy map".

I then should have the option to instantly travel from one planet to the other, landing in the spaceport without 5 interim stages of utter trash filler inbetween.

Not to take away from the need for a teleport to group option, but you do realize that at level 50, you are actually penalizing your friends by "helping" them unless they are at level 45+. Their xp gains from mob kills drop to almost non-existent. They would level up faster with you not helping them. Edited by TheUnNamedHero

Not to take away from the need for a teleport to group option, but you do realize that at level 50, you are actually penalizing your friends by "helping" them unless they are at level 45+. Their xp gains from mob kills drop to almost non-existent. They would level up faster with you not helping them.

That's BS, plenty of class mobs you almost "need" help unless you are over-leveled. The class line *can* be soloed but there are times you're gonna need help. That's what we mean. Or what about on PvP servers? There's a Jedi terrorizing you and you ask your guild for help cuz he's 28 levels above you. But no one comes or if they do it takes they 20 minutes to get there.

That's BS, plenty of class mobs you almost "need" help unless you are over-leveled. The class line *can* be soloed but there are times you're gonna need help. That's what we mean. Or what about on PvP servers? There's a Jedi terrorizing you and you ask your guild for help cuz he's 28 levels above you. But no one comes or if they do it takes they 20 minutes to get there.

The contextual understanding is weak with this one. Do try to read posts before responding.

You think so? Ever travelled from a cave on Belsavis when a guildie needs help, just after you used your fast travel device, to a heroic on Alderaan?

You are looking at 10 minutes travel time, all of it pointless, storyless, content lacking timesinkery. The views might be nice, but they get old real quick.

How is this different from any other game I've played? I'm trying to figure it out...

I remember in the movies that X-Wings, Y-Wings, TIE fighters all landed ON planets.

Han Solo didn't dock with Tatooine's orbital station, run through the station, to only have to take a shuttle down to the planet. He landed IN Mos Eisley.

It boggles my mind that the shuttle ports on the planets are NOT the actual docking ports for your ship. I should be able to run to the space port, get on my ship and go to any other planet's space port.

Edited by Drevin

I remember in the movies that X-Wings, Y-Wings, TIE fighters all landed ON planets.

Han Solo didn't dock with Tattooine's orbital station, run through the station, to only have to take a shuttle down to the planet. He landed IN Mos Eisley.

It boggles my mind that the shuttle ports on the planets are NOT the actual docking ports for your ship. I should be able to run to the space port, get on my ship and go to any other planet's space port.

Yah you land in Anchorhead/Mos esla... but remember when Luke tried landing in dagobah? :)

Edited by Seravie

You think so?

Yes, I do. And I think your post is an exaggeration because that has not been my experience. I can usually get to anywhere in the game from anywhere else in under 5 minutes.

Now, perhaps your computer is a slow loader and that is inflating your travel times. However, there's nothing Bioware can do about that.

I agree. Minutes to travel is ridiculous. That being said, going from quest location to quest location is also absurd. Having to level to 50 is just time consuming. Having to actually spend time with my guildmates to help them, rather than pop in when they are stuck and pop out once I free them from their troubles while putting me right back to where I belong, is just dumb.

All you guys can play with the old system, and I should be allowed to use all the shortcuts that will keep the rest of you behind while I finish tasks faster and faster.

/sarcasm

That being said, I understand some of the travel issues. It is somewhat boring, but honestly... if you want to get to players who are obviously worlds below you to help them (which is obviously the case or else it's real easy) just stick with them and help them. That's the price you pay FOR helping them. Why should you get everything you want? Maybe the other players against having even faster travel/more instant travels (which is what most of this boils down to) should get everything they want, which means you not getting travels.

Not everyone is going to get what they want. Sometimes there is a middle ground, and sometimes there is none and so it lands on side or the other. If you dislike it. Continue to submit feedback about it... and then just hope it changes. If not, perhaps there is some other game out there that will fit your wants and needs better.

Bioware want us to play socially with our friends and guildies, they SHOULD want us to help each other and do everything they can to make assisting friends as pain free and boredom free as possible.

Reducing the pointless aspects of travel is one of those things.