>Rage Post< Ashara Zavros

ReiLiKFuL

So...come to find out this NPC sells Companion Customization's which in turn around require you to have a andriod or ipod or so forth..or you to purchase a key chain thingy...

Why is it that this is the only vendor that I can buy this Companions customization's from exactly..?

I'm lvl 31..i have Ashara Zavros...she doesn't come with any customization's at all..and i don't like having the same "appearance" as everyone else..so why am I restricted so badly against 1 companions skin that's a lvl 35 companion and not my last companion exactly? Like sure..i could understand the LAST companion..but why one in between..

I don't have a driod or an iphone..or any tablets and I honestly don't care to spend money on a authentication for a single game that I know personally wont get hacked from me...

=-.'DISCUSSPL0X'.-=

Simple solution.. go to another vendor that sells the customizations. Don't assume that the security key vendor is the only one with these.

i stand corrected if post above me is true

Edited by Xothos

I'm very much hoping this is an oversight on Bioware's part.

This is the only companion who has this issue, every other one has atleast one customization available to normal users.

Just to note to those who say 'look around' we've looked, there is no standard vendor for her.

I found a bunch of ones I hadn't seen before, for Iresso, Doc, and others on Belsavis on the republic side - likely there are some similar for Empire side peeps. I beileve Belsavis isn't the only place you can get them either, so all is not lost.

So...come to find out this NPC sells Companion Customization's which in turn around require you to have a andriod or ipod or so forth..or you to purchase a key chain thingy...

Why is it that this is the only vendor that I can buy this Companions customization's from exactly..?

I'm lvl 31..i have Ashara Zavros...she doesn't come with any customization's at all..and i don't like having the same "appearance" as everyone else..so why am I restricted so badly against 1 companions skin that's a lvl 35 companion and not my last companion exactly? Like sure..i could understand the LAST companion..but why one in between..

I don't have a driod or an iphone..or any tablets and I honestly don't care to spend money on a authentication for a single game that I know personally wont get hacked from me...

=-.'DISCUSSPL0X'.-=

Never say never or won't because come tomorrow you could be calling BioWare saying help! some gold farmer hacked me!

How dare BioWare give you additional incentive to take extra security measures to protect your account!

A. It's the only companion in the game where this is true, so no other class deals with this.

B. I'd probably get a security key if I didn't hear horror stories about them not working after a few days and people getting locked out of their accounts.

I found a bunch of ones I hadn't seen before, for Iresso, Doc, and others on Belsavis on the republic side - likely there are some similar for Empire side peeps. I beileve Belsavis isn't the only place you can get them either, so all is not lost.

Belsavis is where Ashara's should be, she's the only companion there that isn't available.

The vendor in the Ilum orbital Station sells Ashara Customizations. I do not believe it requires a security key.

That requires an authenticator.

How dare BioWare give you additional incentive to take extra security measures to protect your account!

That's fine, and i'd happily buy one, but it's not available in my region according to Origin. I'm not about to go and buy a $600+ phone just to get the app either.

which costs them nothing but costs you money, too!

I don't even have a smartphone so i'm ****ed when it comes to getting those 1 hour fleet passes too.

Edited by SunwindIon

which costs them nothing but costs you money, too!

I don't even have a smartphone so i'm ****ed when it comes to getting those 1 hour fleet passes too.

You dont need a smartphone, just buy the physical security key for like 5 bucks and then you can have all the fleet passes you want.

Never say never or won't because come tomorrow you could be calling BioWare saying help! some gold farmer hacked me!

And how would they get ahold of my password? a worm? a trojan?

This is a gaming PC in which i only use it for well..Gaming and youtube and making rage posts such as this on a secure website

All of my offsite random searching is on my netbook

=-.'DISCUSSPL0X'.-=

Companion customizations don't start popping up for certain characters until you're on planets that are introduced after the companion. I didn't start seeing Doc or Lord Scourge kits until Belsavis. Many kit venders are found in cantinas on other worlds.

I believe the kit vender for Ashara is on the Ilum space station.

EDIT: Sorry didn't see someone also mentioned Ilum.

Edited by Fiachsidhe

A. It's the only companion in the game where this is true, so no other class deals with this.

B. I'd probably get a security key if I didn't hear horror stories about them not working after a few days and people getting locked out of their accounts.

Meh, they last a good 7+ years and new ones come quickly. In the case of the WoW ones, yeah they could quite possibly have been sitting on the shelf for a long time since they've been offering them forever. The likelyhood of an SWTOR one being bad are fairly slim being new and all. You're more likely to have moonmen land in your backyard for a siesta than have a bad authenticator.

First off, you don't need an iPhone or an Android, an Ipod touch or Ipad work too.

Second, where is the security key vendor?

Sure go spend 700 dollars on a tablet for me and mail to to me just so i can access this vendor which has only 3 things from it that i want (her customizations)

And how would they get ahold of my password? a worm? a trojan?

This is a gaming PC in which i only use it for well..Gaming and youtube and making rage posts such as this on a secure website

All of my offsite random searching is on my netbook

It happens. Just ask the many victims of such incidents in WoW, Lineage II, Aion etc...I had a WoW account hacked some years ago, Aion acct hacked despite running top notch AV and using my pc primarily for gaming and laptop for other stuff.