No Longer Camping Bases... Stand in Line for Free Valor...

Kelindris

My point is, people pay $15 a month to find loop holes threw things that are supposed to be the reason why you are interested in playing.

BioWare should just give everyone level 50 characters with BattleMaster gear. Trollin.

Humans like finding short cuts. Why run around for a few hours for a few kills when you can organize trades for great rewards? Does it make sense to trade for pvp gear for the purpose of pvping later? No, people will still do it tho

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On Mandalore, something really weird happened. Maybe this is the norm, as I have been busy the past few days so I haven't had a lot of Ilum time. We were camping the pubs, and then all of a sudden we all started taking about 3000 damage a second from a blue colored damage source (the scrolling damage was blue, not red) for like 5 seconds. Most of the imperials died, and the ones that didn't got mopped up by the pubs.

I mean everyone took this damage, people hiding out of LOS, people running out of LOS and people who stayed in the open fighting.

After we all died, the pubs pushed out and there was a really fun fight for like... I dunno 15 seconds. Not all of them pushed out but enough to make it entertaining before they got toally swarmed and out numbered.

I think I'm going to try to talk everyone into fighting at Southern Assault next time I'm in Ilum. I doubt I'll be able to convince everyone to leave, but if I can I bet it would be fun.

Something like this happened on my server too, a Pub jumped on a particle cannon conveniently located outside their base and blasted everyone away. We eventually beat them back to their base (to my chagrin), but we actually did have some good fighting going on.

you do realize that the people that are doing this it is their fault? This is no way biowares fault. If you want to be lazy and let your opposing faction grind out free valor whatever, then you are not a real pvp player. Stop pointing fingers and look and the mirror. Edited by Berezo

you do realize that the people that are doing this it is their fault? This is no way biowares fault. If you want to be lazy and let your opposing faction grind out free valor whatever, then you are not a real pvp player. Stop pointing fingers and look and the mirror.

Doesn't matter - you get the rewards just the same. You can become a real PvP player once you're fully geared. What's to stop you? Not Bioware.

If they gave a more significant bonus to Warzone valor as well as bonus commendatinos for controlling Illum, that would probably help. Add in some bonuses to standard exp and legacy exp as well. Maybe some small combat buffs like 5% dmg or something for controlling all the points. Stuff like that.

Add in some legacy experience and commendations for kills, along with diminishing returns. Also put in place a system that divides the rewards among groups rather than operations. Divide it equally among groups. The amount your group gets depends on the damage you do to the opponent. Something like that.

Pretty simple stuff actually.

Get rid of the dailies too.

Yeah but if they do that Imps will just control the relic because of population imbalance. It isn't as simple as just simply throwing it into the mix. Though, I do think that this is something that would be a great implimentation into this game.

250k subs for daoc at its time is probably equal to millions today.

It was the top MMO for a long time and highly successful.

Think before you post.

This

I played DAoC from 2001 to 2005. Back then majority of the people didnt know what an mmo was so yeah 250k would equal to millions today

Illum is to farm gear bags faster. There is no purpose to control it, no purpose to really even be there once you get battlemaster gear. Like others have said, until theres an objective or an incentive, Illum PVP will be a joke.

Sith outnumber Republic, sure with teamwork blah blah blah but ive seen plenty of times Sith standing outside the Republic base. That paired up with worst idea ever, to announce where players are especially in a situation where one faction is larger. "JEDI MRSNUGGLES IS NEAR THE EMPIRIAL BASE" and you get the picture about whats going to happen to poor Mrsnuggles soon...

Remove the announcer and let players actually use chat to say where enemies are. Give an incentive for people to actually care about pvping there. And if there is an incentive make sure its balanced before we have another nightmare 1.1 release day. So that way PVP wont be a joke anymore.

Rewards for PVP = Death of PVP.

Perhaps all of the MMO devs will learn this lesson about 10 years down the road.

Truth... they need to figure out big penalties of PVP as well like before... with great power comes great sacrafices... This I believe is what guilds were made for back in the days... Kill someone loot their corpse... become wanted and get a bounty on your head that people can collect.... pay guilds for protection etc... have guilds that band together to protect the citizens of the worlds... a man can only dream.

On further thought... things like this is why the DotA style games have become so popular and mainstream... skip the grinds of MMOs and keep the PVP/skill fun. Even Diablo 2's old PVP was more fun than what MMOs have today. It seems that we have regressed since DaoC. Warhammer Online seemed like the last time I played a MMO with PVP feeling like Braveheart... unfortunately it ends up crashing the server when we hit the enemy's base.

I just want to know how he scaled the UI?

Someone may have answered this already, but if not, the person probably plays on a large monitor. I play on a Dell Ultrasharp U2711 and my UI is sized the same way as that of the video in 2560x1440 resolution.

Someone may have answered this already, but if not, the person probably plays on a large monitor. I play on a Dell Ultrasharp U2711 and my UI is sized the same way as that of the video in 2560x1440 resolution.

You sir are correct, I play @ 2560x1600. Everything but the raid frames are default.

Something like this happened on my server too, a Pub jumped on a particle cannon conveniently located outside their base and blasted everyone away. We eventually beat them back to their base (to my chagrin), but we actually did have some good fighting going on.

LOL! Is that what it was? I didn't even think of that. That's pretty epic. I kind of want to make a pub now just so I can do that when we're camped in the base. That must have been hillarious.

Why is this happening?

Are people just deicidng they rather take this apporach to getting Valor than working hard for it?

Is it a classic "If it can be exploited, people will exploit it"?

Whats the solution, take rewards away from pvp or add dimishing returns to valor gains from the same target?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.