Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Remove Stats from Color-Crystals, introduce new "Power-Crystal"

Terin

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Yellow crystal hasnt moved out of my bank since about L10 - I keep it for collector's reasons only.

I actually havent seen someone using this since early Jan 12.

This is a great idea, anything that gives us more customisation, more flexibility to be unique and choose a look we like colour crystals all the way to armor and character design is warmly welcome.

Please implement something like this @ Bioware.

Thank you!!

In SW lore, people choose a color based on personal preference. Their preference may be because a color represents something, but no more than that. Most Jedi chose a color because they LIKED it, not because it meant something story-wise. Also, what the OP was saying was that the color would be tied to LS/DS so that DS people could only get DS-only colors, such as red, which would mean LS couldn't get red.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I completely agree with this.

/signed

Actually they didn't choose the crystals spoke to them through the force it was part of their trials. They had a vision and thats how they chose the crystal.

Honestly I wouldn't even care if we just forfeit the stats on the crysytal completely, it really wouldn't be a huge loss. Color crystal needs to be cosmetic. All of the advertising for the pre-orders (game and razer) and comments by the devs and media prior to release led me and friends to believe that the crystals were, in fact, cosmetic. This is largely why we preordered to get our unique crystals.

At a bare minimum there needs to be a trade in vendor for those of us with preorder/razer crystals, who were promised a cosmetic in-game item, that we can trade any crystal we have for a same-stat crystal with our deserved color.

This is something i was getting at as well. I expected a unique item for all of my characters which in the future no one would be able to get but it turns out not so special. If i had known that i would of used the crystals for a couple of levels then found a better one but it had a bad colour i would have to switch for stats. Someone said in a pole vote before release they dont want to have a pink lightsaber with great stats and look what happened. I agree with scrapping the stats atleast so its our choice.

I would like power crystals but i think its a bit late to change all of that now, i would rather the stats become obsolete so we can do whatever we want with our colours without having to worry about doing more damage or healing...

And the colour restrictions dont bother me so much because it does stop light side jedi from ahving a dark lightsaber but i think colour for any class that isnt a jedi or sith they should choose whatever colour they want.

Very much agreed! Like I said, I realize that there are only so many colors, without getting into the ridiculous "Black-center Colors". One solution could be The Force Unleashed idea, where in addition to colors, some might have different wave-lengths, so that some might like like the "flicker" just a bit.

Of course, I think honestly, you'd find that most people are fine using traditional colors. I do think Purple should be introduced early on, though, considering so many NPC's use it, and make it a Dark-side color to mirror Green. In place of the *current* Purple (which I believe is found in level 50 PvP weapons), maybe put the Black or White crystals there?

Purple was first used as a jedi. Both Revan and Windu so purple shouldn't gave a DS restriction. only gripe i had in your post

• 2 weeks later...
I love the idea, but perhaps we could hang it so that instead of color crystals we have some kind of 'focus lense' or other mechanical part to it instead of -another- crystal. I have no idea what the beta was like so maybe they tried this already, but I like the concept of the color being independent.

Considering this idea means the complete reitemization of the entire game and a ton of wasted money and hours...I vote no. If it was a simple issue I'd be all for it but considering this means they have to add a new slot onto every single modabble item in the game? No just no..I'd rather they be working on new styles and items not revamping all the old ones.

As far as I'm able to tell almost all the colors have multiple versions for your stat needs it just comes down to find a crafter with a large amount of the patterns.

Edited by Kindara

• 8 months later...

VOTE +1 But with some idea's of my own

Well, the problem lies in that it would basically make Artifice impossible to level, not to mention making the Crafting-Crystals pretty worthless. Unless they just wanted to make even more significant changes to Artifice and Archeology?

Yea this is true for thread starter "basic" Suggestion.

My idea adds to that idea. so from what i can tell the Thread starter wants to pick its color different from the stats so why not make the crafting proffesion more usefully.

Example: you have a blue color with great stats but you wanted a Yellow color, well my idea is to add an function to the artifice craft skill that the user can swap the stats from one crystal to the other so basically changing the color of the crystal.

This will bring in an extra aspect to the crafting skill as well as an cool function to the game.

** Thread starter if you like this added idea please add it to your own post, most won't read all post and might not see this added idea **

• 4 months later...

In the wake of the Cartel Market and new Expansion... I definitely think this idea is worth revisiting. Make Power-Crystals exclusive to Artifice, whilst Color-Crystals can be acquired in a multitude of ways.

I would still recommend having a singular Color-Crystal that is exclusive to Artifice, though. I don't care what color it is, just so long as it's exclusive. Personally, I would vote "Silver", but that's just me.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.