The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

So the game isnt dead.

Halofax

So you are saying you are done with the game. Its never going F2P. Look at Warhammer Online.

WAR actually is partially free to play; you can play as much as you like in Tier 1 (pretty much the best part of the game) without paying, though you'll never level above 10.

WoW's also gone partially free to play; F2P level cap is 20.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is still financially successful for EA and Mythic

Lol!

It's so financially successful it led to Mythic being virtually disbanded as a developer and placed wholly under the control of Bioware. It has like what? 3 servers now?

Sorry, but "still breathing" and "successful" aren't the same things at all. Warhammer can't be categorized as anything but a bitter disappointment, especially given the sub base it started out with.

ha. this game would never have knocked WoW off it's pedistal. wishful thinking all along.

Only Blizzard is going to kill WoW. People say that PC gaming is going away too. They are just as wrong. I believe SWTOR is going to be around for a long time as well.

WoW has one endgame raid.

WoW has much more end game content than any other MMO on the market:

Tons of dailies (more so than any MMO)

Battlegrounds (more so than any MMO)

Rated Battle grounds

Arena

World pvp (tol borad, etc)

Raiding

Heroics

Achievements.

Before swtor release: "WoW is dead! This game is going to be #1 baby, GOGOGO!"

After swtor release: "It doesn't matter, you don't need to be #1 to be successful.. *tear*"

I've never been the kind to claim the death of an MMO.

I have been fully aware that SWTOR would not beat WoW since the day it was announced.

But, I also know having the largest player base does not make a game the best game.

If having the most fans means something is the best, then we should all be listening to country music, as in North America country music sales dwarf every other genre of music.

Yet, to me, country music is bloody garbage.

Similarly, I'm sure most people think my favourite band,

, is terrible noise.

Someone who needs to validate their taste by ensuring it's what the majority plays/listens to/watches is a very sad human being.

Rated Battle grounds

Arena

Raiding

Heroics

Achievements.

WoW has 1 endgame raid.

I've never been the kind to claim the death of an MMO.

I have been fully aware that SWTOR would not beat WoW since the day it was announced.

But, I also know having the largest player base does not make a game the best game.

If having the most fans means something is the best, then we should all be listening to country music, as in North America country music sales dwarf every other genre of music.

Yet, to me, country music is bloody garbage.

Similarly, I'm sure most people think my favourite band,

, is terrible noise.

Someone who needs to validate their taste by ensuring it's what the majority plays/listens to/watches is a very sad human being.

'Best' is a very subjective thing. But having most subs for an MMO does indeed make it the 'best' in a sense. Atleast.. the most popular.

WoW has one endgame raid.

WoW has a lot of endgame raids, it's just that they keep raising the level cap so what used to be an endgame raid isn't really treated like one.

By "endgame raid", I basically mean "raids to run when you are at the level cap". Now, in the current post-Cataclysm state, yeah, all that really fits is Firelands and Deathwing, but as Wrath aged it got a flood of level 80 raids, and as BC aged it got its own flood of level 70 raids, etc.

The Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace are both nice, and expanding Karagga's Palace was a great idea. I'm not about to fault TOR for having only two raids at launch. I'm saying that adding more needs to be a priority, because that number needs to expand.

Adding new flashpoints seems to be something they're working on now, like this new Rakghouls storyline. That's a good sign, they just need to keep on it and make sure it's good.

Rated Battle grounds

Arena

Raiding

Heroics

Achievements.

If your going there.. EQ when WoW was release had 3 expansions worth of content. Your move.

So, now its the 22nd?

on the 22nd will it be "Oh some people bought three month cards"

The game isnt died.

My server population doubled since 1.1

You cannot WILL the game to fail

What server do you play on? Doubled? I'm going to assume you had four, and now have 8. My server is about the same, a bit smaller. But doubled? Come on now.

WoW has a lot of endgame raids, it's just that they keep raising the level cap so what used to be an endgame raid isn't really treated like one.

By "endgame raid", I basically mean "raids to run when you are at the level cap". Now, in the current post-Cataclysm state, yeah, all that really fits is Firelands and Deathwing, but as Wrath aged it got a flood of level 80 raids, and as BC aged it got its own flood of level 70 raids, etc.

The Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace are both nice, and expanding Karagga's Palace was a great idea. I'm not about to fault TOR for having only two raids at launch. I'm saying that adding more needs to be a priority, because that number needs to expand.

Adding new flashpoints seems to be something they're working on now, like this new Rakghouls storyline. That's a good sign, they just need to keep on it and make sure it's good.

It doesnt matter that wow has 25 raids they personally invalidated with a stupid expansion scheme.

WoW has 1 endgame raid.

SWTOR has 2.

WoW has 1 endgame raid.

Wrong. So wrong, WoW progresses so old raids dont get used as much.

Stop trying to act like SWTOR has more content than Wow. You might just end up in one of the lol threads in the WoW - games section of the forums. They love ragging on you guys.

It doesnt matter that wow has 25 raids they personally invalidated with a stupid expansion scheme.

WoW has 1 endgame raid.

SWTOR has 2.

Wrong. hehe

Edited by Liberate

'Best' is a very subjective thing. But having most subs for an MMO does indeed make it the 'best' in a sense. Atleast.. the most popular.

Just because something is popular, it doesn't necessarily mean it's the best. As you say, these things are so subjective.

My personal opinion on WoW is that is a steaming pile of cack. I used to love it during vanilla and TBC but it took a nosedive when WotLK hit. I can't bear to look at the game now, but this is partly due to the fact I felt let down by Blizzard and what they turned their game into.

Edited by Mandrax

What server do you play on? Doubled? I'm going to assume you had four, and now have 8. My server is about the same, a bit smaller. But doubled? Come on now.

The deadweight

Tuesday we had 30 republic on in fleet prime time and 100 Empire.

Tonight we had 80 republic and 150 empire.

Is it so hard to believe that your experience isnt 100 percent law for how the game works?

Edited by Halofax

So with that logic we could say..lady gagas music is the best ever made because she's so popular. Quantity != quality.

No, because there are artists who have sold a lot more than she has (haha, I know I'm just nitpicking at your example).

But yes, technically she would be the 'best'. But it will vary from person to person (personal tastes, etc).

So with that logic we could say..lady gagas music is the best ever made because she's so popular. Quantity != quality.

And McDonalds has the highest quality burgers and American Idol has the most talented musicians. Yah i think your statement reflects reality a little more than the person you quoted.