So the game isnt dead.

Halofax

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was going to do 2 MMO's, it would be SWTOR and GW2 when it gets released.

I wouldn't count GW2 just because it's free to play.

I mean, I can say i'm playing GW1, Swtor, and EQ2. Which i'm not... I can only focus on one cause I have to complete one of those or my brain explodes.

You'll never see those kids, though, because they'll still be stuck in Goldshire or the panda area, w/e the name is.

I'm one of those people (sad to admit) that REALLY wanted the pandas to NOT be an april fools joke.

I'd rather have an expansion based on Murlocs.

WURGLEBURGLESHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! (does the goofy run).

Yes, I recently re upped and am leveling a new toon as we speak.

Was that so hard to think about? xD.

As for my arena ratings, I think you'd better check my past ratings (if you're smart enough to figure it out [ I kid!]).

Definitely not good, but not bad either.. I'd say about average.

Recent Activity

Earned the feat of strength MiniZep Controller.

4 days ago

lol recent activity FTW :) GOOD DAY SIR

I'd rather have an expansion based on Murlocs.

WURGLEBURGLESHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! (does the goofy run).

I figured we'd be fighting Sargeras at this point.

Blizzard doesnt want to run out of story and Sargeras is all they have left.

Pandaren is filler material.

Which is still financially successful for EA and Mythic and has a dedicated playerbase that love the game.

Your point?

The MMO industry is not a "there can only be one" industry.

You don't fail by not becoming he biggest boy on the block.

Well maybe in a Highlander MMO - but yeah, EvE, EQ, WaR, WoW, Rift, AoC and other all have dedicated fans that will keep the faith until life support is pulled.

I remember yesterday everyone said the game would be dead today.

Still truckin'.

Now the consensus is Monday.

That's because people who canceled are still able to log in, play and post.

Cant we all just accept that the game, regardless of its mediocrity, will be successful?

Define success? 250k subs? 550k? Even a million? This game could have been bigger than WoW, but due to ineptitude, sheer pig-headedness and inability to see what is plainly in front of them, it'll end up mediocre at best.

I remember yesterday everyone said the game would be dead today.

Still truckin'.

Now the consensus is Monday.

Cant we all just accept that the game, regardless of its mediocrity, will be successful?

No it wont kill wow (also mediocre), but its going to do fine.

Everything in the entertainment industry is mediocre. Avatar made a billion dolars in thearters.

the ones saying that are the ones who don't like the game and just want to try to get people to follow them so they don't feel alone in their principles .. you know, misery loves company

That's because people who canceled are still able to log in, play and post.

Define success? 250k subs? 550k? Even a million? This game could have been bigger than WoW, but due to ineptitude, sheer pig-headedness and inability to see what is plainly in front of them, it'll end up mediocre at best.

Are you trying to convince me that people who hate the game are desperate to keep playing as long as they can?

define Dead.

many people have complained about the game being ALREADY dead on their server for weeks now.

This....this is why they wont be getting a sub from me. Not the bugs, not the load screens, not the obviously poorly written stories for some classes. This and this alone. I simply don't want to pay a monthly fee for a single player game.

Edited by Scopian

SWTOR + Diablo 3 for me.

Blizzard is honestly scared Diablo 3 will kill their own mmo. They are giving away Diablo 3 if you promise to keep play wow. :/

Assuming D3 actually comes out.

I recently gave up on Blizzard when it hit me:

Vanilla WoW was released in 2004. I like Vanilla WoW.

But then I kept thinking about it.

TBC sucked.

WotLK sucked.

Starcraft 2 sucked.

Cataclysm sucked.

I realized, looking at D3, I don't think it's going to be any better.

I don't trust a company that has produced nothing but garbage for almost EIGHT YEARS.

EIGHT YEARS!

Blizzards last GREAT game was Warcraft 3. It's been mediocre at best ever since.

This games got a long way to go to "die" when it has 215 servers.

Id be really suprised if 215 servers worth of people are on the forums complaining right now.

Now that's a bad argument if I ever saw one. 215 servers is not a good thing for a game this new, all it means that many servers are low populated. Having lots of low pop servers is never good, not for a game that just game out or for a game that's been out for years.

Edited by byteresistor

Why would the game be dead today? The free month for people who pre-ordered hasn't even finished yet.

So, they dislike the game so much that they are going to play it right up to the point that they are locked out of it because their subscription ran out. Honestly, that doesnt make sense to me. If a person isnt getting enjoyment from something why would they continue to mess around with it....

Well maybe in a Highlander MMO - but yeah, EvE, EQ, WaR, WoW, Rift, AoC and other all have dedicated fans that will keep the faith until life support is pulled.

OK, for a second there, I thought there was actually a Highlander MMO coming out. I was really excited and now I'm really sad. :(

Are you trying to convince me that people who hate the game are desperate to keep playing as long as they can?

When I cancelled my WOW account, I kept playing until the last day. Most of it was just logging on to sell all crafting supplies, gear, crafted items, etc on the AH to make sure I got some gold before it was worthless. just in case I decide to ever play again.

Now that's a bad argument if I ever saw one. 215 servers is not a good thing for a game this new, all it means that many servers are low populated. Having lots of low pop servers is never good, not for a game that just game out or for a game that's been out for years.

Take a breathe, and click the server status page, which will show you several heavy load european servers.

The servers arent dead.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.