[Suggestion]Weapon Preview

Kraylessa

I don't get it. That link you posted is just a JPG of like 10 hilts with no labels. That doesn't help us in any way.

:rolleyes:

in that case, I can't help you, it's quite prevalent and easy to identify which is the matching lightsabers hilt on the JPG.

I would like this as well. Sometimes, the look of the hilt doesn't match up to the look of the icon for the weapon, making it hard to tell if I'll like the look of one of the hilts before buying it.

I've had instances where there were two lightsabers with the exact same icon that had vastly different models in game, so looking at the icons is not a viable option.

This really needs to be added. As it stands, the only way to see the difference is to unsheathe your weapon(s), zoom in, and then swap weapons to see the details. But that means you have to actually equip the weapon, binding it to you.

This is really important to me, because I want my blasters to match my gear.

A zooming option would be a nice feature to have for the Appearance Preview window. Like a magnifying glass icon which you can click to zoom in and out for each body armor part (chest, wrists, hands, legs, boots, head, etc.). Can we also get higher texture resolution for the Appearance Preview window?

A zooming option would be a nice feature to have for the Appearance Preview window. Like a magnifying glass icon which you can click to zoom in and out for each body armor part (chest, wrists, hands, legs, boots, head, etc.). Can we also get higher texture resolution for the Appearance Preview window?

Yes to OP and yes to that

I posted about the low resolution in another thread, but I definitely agree with you there. I am sick of having to try gear on my mail companion to see the high res textures instead of just being able to see them on my female toon. Also, I agree that I would love a zoom and rotate feature added to item preview as well.

My only issue with this is:

Light Saber A: Looks like a glowstick in the preview window, image too small to see hilt details.

Light Saber B: See light saber A

Light Saber C: See light saber B

Light Saber D: See light saber C....

Now if the shape of the glowy part changed, even just slightly... that'd be awesome..

My only issue with this is:

Light Saber A: Looks like a glowstick in the preview window, image too small to see hilt details.

Light Saber B: See light saber A

Light Saber C: See light saber B

Light Saber D: See light saber C....

Now if the shape of the glowy part changed, even just slightly... that'd be awesome..

You do know that there are other weapons, besides lightsabers in this game, right? Also, I agree that maybe a zoom feature would help with seeing details on smaller weapons. Implementing high res textures in the preview (like is already available for companions) would also help with this.

• 2 weeks later...

I've always envisioned a different type of graphical preview system for this game. A sort of "holo preview" in addition to the character preview. For those of you who have played Skyrim, think of that, where items can be brought up to view and rotate individually. Of course modified with a sci-fi feel.

Each item can be previewed via a holo projector that allows rotating, zooming etc...And in the case of weapons, add a sound preview. For example, a light saber hilt holo projected while a sound file plays the sheathing/unsheathing, same for blasters being fired etc..

While at the same time adding a zooming system for preview of the same items to see how they look equipped.

I'm sure this is rather ambitious, but it would be nice.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I want to bump this because with 1.2 they added some new weapons that look nothing like their picture even so there is absolutely no way to even think you might know without actually equipping which doesn't make sense when you're buying stuff of the gtn.