The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dead server?

leetlazzy

wow you're lucky on my server The Razer 8 players on a planet 30 player at space station on republic

I'm guessing it's during peak times, it never goes beyond that.

I'd say it averages out to 6-8 players at a time.

I haven't finished a heroic on Alderaan for days due to the lack of players.

Edited by CalvinDu

Today I find humerous the amount of posts/threads that went like this:

"What is being done to balance sides and/or servers"

Moral of the story:

Be careful of what you wish for.

Ironic MMORPG.com has a story on this exact issue.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/feature/6017/Coyotes-Howling-Be-Careful-What-You-Wish-For.html

Same threads have existed in wow's forums for years. Does that mean it's doing poorly?

Nicer classes, nicer animations.

Compare Bounty Hunter and its mirror, the Trooper. Bounty Hunter has Death from Above - flies up using a jetpack and bombards people below with missiles. Looks cool as hell. Trooper fires a few shots from his launcher and a few explosions happen. Not nearly as cool.

Now take Sith Sorcerer and Jedi Sage. Sorcerer shoots lightning. Sage throws pebbles. Guess which one most people want to play?

Bioware did it all to themselves. And we TOLD them, in summer, during BETA, that t his was going to happen.

I don't know about you, but giant boulders flying at you, earth quakes and etc sound a lot cooler than lightning.

A cross server LFD tool would go a very long way in staving off the need for server consolidations, which are very very bad for any game. Server consolidations are "blood in the water" for gaming press and haters. It's the biggest sign a game is in trouble.

There are a number of reasons as to why I personally think a cross-server LFD tool is bad, mainly the fact that there is a possibility that you may get a player in your group that simply doesn't care. You can run with this in many ways, the most obvious is that you're grouping with people from completely different shards that have no reason to worry about how their actions in your cross server instance can affect them on their server.

Will you please elaborate on why server consolidations are "blood in the water"? People go to this as if it's the gospel, but never hit on why there is a NEED for server consolidation in the first place. Do you see what I'm getting at?

been on kinrath spider as an imp since pre-launch.

Just made a new repub consular 28 people in starter zone.

Made a new inquisitor on sith side 22 people in starter zone.

Went to imp fleet 88 people

went to repub fleet 85 people

not saying there arent imbalances but it would seem that for these 2 zones they are nearly even. Maybe more people have been rolling repub last few days.

been on kinrath spider as an imp since pre-launch.

Just made a new repub consular 28 people in starter zone.

Made a new inquisitor on sith side 22 people in starter zone.

Went to imp fleet 88 people

went to repub fleet 85 people

not saying there arent imbalances but it would seem that for these 2 zones they are nearly even. Maybe more people have been rolling repub last few days.

It's very possible i know when i first played on Spider Imps were the higher populated server then i rerolled republic idk how the free month end has effected the server balanced.

My server Kinrath spider is pretty much dead on republic side. I never see more then 20-30 (it's not sharded) ppl in any of the leveling zones anymore. The main city never has over 100 republic in it. The most I've seen in the past few days was between 70-85ish.

Does BW plan to do anything about the servers population drop?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they certainly do plan to do something and it might be two birds with one stone in terms of faction balance as well. First, they wait for server populations to stabilize, then they merge low population servers into higher population servers in a way that helps balance factions. One month isn't really enough time for step one to be complete. Just a thought...could obviously be wrong, but I think it makes sense.

Edit: Oh, and yeah, Rwookrrorro is kind of ghost town at times too.

Edited by Blotter

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say they certainly do plan to do something and it might be two birds with one stone in terms of faction balance as well. First, they wait for server populations to stabilize, then they merge low population servers into higher population servers in a way that helps balance factions. One month isn't really enough time for step one to be complete. Just a thought...could obviously be wrong, but I think it makes sense.

It does make sense. But that doesn't solve the problem now. I don't want to sit on a empty server for a few months just waiting for them to merge servers. I also don't trust BW to fix anything esp with the way they are going about everything.

It does make sense. But that doesn't solve the problem now. I don't want to sit on a empty server for a few months just waiting for them to merge servers. I also don't trust BW to fix anything esp with the way they are going about everything.

your perception is at fault here.

They release a patch, it screws up ilum, it causes micro load screens, and several other issues.

Next day they fix micro load screens, stop imps from being able to camp repub spawn in ilum, and many other fixes.

So they fixed the issues caused by the patch next day.

population imbalance isn't something that can be fixed overnight. People chose to roll more on the imp side, BW cant fix peoples choices.

They can offer incentives for people to roll or re roll repub, or they can let things settle and merge.

Fixes take time this game is only 30 days old.

your perception is at fault here.

They release a patch, it screws up ilum, it causes micro load screens, and several other issues.

Next day they fix micro load screens, stop imps from being able to camp repub spawn in ilum, and many other fixes.

So they fixed the issues caused by the patch next day.

population imbalance isn't something that can be fixed overnight. People chose to roll more on the imp side, BW cant fix peoples choices.

They can offer incentives for people to roll or re roll repub, or they can let things settle and merge.

Fixes take time this game is only 30 days old.

accept you didn't mention they didn't do a roll back on valor which pissed off alot of people so how is my perception at fault? They false advertised the GFX of the game how is my perception at fault? I'm sorry i just don't trust BW to do anything correctly at this point.

I think the problem is that server max. population is simply to small. Even if you took the starting times when you have to wait to play planets haven been full only because all peope have been in the first 1-3 planets.

You will simply need a very huge server population to have constantly alot of people if they are spead over servel planets, fleet and pvp.

I dont know how many people are max. on a server but from my feeling that are simply not enough.

Which is really bad because I am playing a multiplayer game. From alderaan on I skip at least 50% of all heroics. I have just the starter flash-points because I dont want to wait hours at fleet to find a group.

So right now I am not really sure if I will level up a second char because if I start that in maybe 2-3 weeks for sure that one will not manage one flash-point or heroic mission.