90% of complaints are for 1% of the game

Snakeloki

So how do you curb the complaints so we can actually talk about changes that should be made to the game other than "EVERYTHING IS BROKEN!!!"

Simple. developers should make a video about the bugs, about how they're fixing all the bugs that are possible, have a community person whose sole job is to get FAST answers and post them ASAP, it seems like unless a problem has a thread that is along of the lines of "post here if you canceled over X" there is NO statement being made.

I think that this is more of a community problem than an actual problem. This game is extremely young and the excessive complaining, doomsaying and immature behavior that makes the forums unbearable to anyone who actually enjoys the game and wants to watch it grow and understands that this game has nowhere to go but up right now, and as someone who was there in SWG when the NGE hit, the people complaining about bugs have no idea what a broken game looks like this game.

Overall Community managers: Please be more quickly in addressing more things. nip this in the butt, people need peace of mind.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You're wrong.

Ability delay is a huge issue that impacts 90% of the game.

PvP balance impacts a large segment of the player base.

Economic issues (like slicing 1.0) impact everyone.

Frame rate issues impact 100% of the game for the people having issues.

These are not small issues. They are huge and impact more people than you realize.

Edited by Knewt

Ability Delay is 1%? Its 90 and the rest is 10%. The combat and engine are horrid and the rest is fine but not important. Play the game to the end and if you cant see its broken then enjoy the game and get off the forums.

I have yet to run across this ability delay. And I have multiple characters in their upper 30s.

I have yet to run across this ability delay. And I have multiple characters in their upper 30s.

Go PvP. It isn't as evident in PvE content. Depending on your class, you may not have an ability that suffers from it yet.

Go PvP. It isn't as evident in PvE content. Depending on your class, you may not have an ability that suffers from it yet.

Best way to describe it.

My gunslinger had some ability lag, but nothing major.

My jedi consular had it a little worse than my gunslinger, especially healing, so it became a problem.

My jedi KNIGHT had it baaaaaaad, so I can't play him in pvp. =/

You're wrong.

According to you.

Can I see your marketing numbers please? Oh, that's right, I can't because you don't have any.

True. Good thing they're getting addressed.

Game runs great for me.

These are not small issues. They are huge and impact more people than you realize.

They're small, they affect every MMO right after release, ever, and they're already being worked on.

Edited by JustTed

That's what you get when you dont keybind.

This.

You won't always notice the problem if all you do is mouse click your specials. It really starts to become an issue once you keybind them for PvP. I play both a Marauder and a Sentinel and the issue with the "Ravage" ability (on top of it's other shortcomings) is starting to get on my nerves. You'll also notice it when you need to Disrupt someone before they finish channeling a heal or you want to use Riposte/Retaliation. I'm not sure how they can fix it, but I hope they do.

Edited by Minack

You're wrong.

actually pvp is a very small segment of the playerbase traditionally. the only reason its a issue right now is it is easier to do some mindless pvp to get purple gear to raid with than it is to actually learn how to a do a hardmode properly to get the raid gear.

the other issues are a pretty big deal but are not gamebreaking. the pvp issue will be a non issue in another month, most people are just using that gear to break into raiding anyway so they can do raids on easymode rather than having to work at them. they should of made pvp gear much harder to get and actually give it a debuff for hardmodes and raids to keep the pve game more vibrant. but oh well it is what it is right now, pvp wont be that huge.

Only people crying about ability delay are PVPers... Just look above-^ PVP this and PVP that...

As a level 50 JK Guardian I still... STILL have not had this issue since changing my Active Queue Window.

They bait people into a belief that it's a real issue and neglect to tell them about the active window queue option. They make videos with torrents maxing out their upload bandwidth and setting their active queue window high as possible. Basically lie and more dramatic than Ru Paul on crack.

This game was never meant for fast twitch Esport nonsense. If you want that there's WOW, Rift and many others headed down that road. 100% PVP balance will never be achieved in this game and if they even tried it'd ruin the rest.

They just need to accept the fact this is not a PVP game. They won't though...

According to you.

Can I see your marketing numbers please? Oh, that's right, I can't because you don't have any.

True. Good thing they're getting addressed.

Game runs great for me.

They're small, they affect every MMO right after release, ever, and they're already being worked on.

The extent to which biodrones will go to deny reality never ceases to amaze.

According to you. There's just a huge post on the forum that's talking about this... AND my entire guild (basicly 300ish people) have all suffered from it. Sorry.

True. Good thing they're getting addressed. Actually, they're reverting it back to normal, from a dev post somewhere in here... Hurray! Armstech and armormech go back to the useless pile. >_>

Game runs great for me. You missed the part where he said "When people are having this issue", *sigh*

(This is filler)

Only people crying about ability delay are PVPers... Just look above-^ PVP this and PVP that...

As a level 50 JK Guardian I still... STILL have not had this issue since changing my Active Queue Window.

They bait people into a belief that it's a real issue and neglect to tell them about the active window queue option. They make videos with torrents maxing out their upload bandwidth and setting their active queue window high as possible. Basically lie and more dramatic than Ru Paul on crack.

This game was never meant for fast twitch Esport nonsense. If you want that there's WOW, Rift and many others headed down that road. 100% PVP balance will never be achieved in this game and if they even tried it'd ruin the rest.

They just need to accept the fact this is not a PVP game. They won't though...

I was going to post a decent reply explaining how I encounter this in PvE as well as PvP, but it's pretty clear you are a butthurt moron who got his dreams crushed in a WZ.

Edited by Minack

Lawl, that's a new one. Clearly Bioware didn't intend to make a game with fluid, quality mechanics--if you're looking for that go play something else!

This isn't a counter-argument, it's just name calling. You can't use the word "reality" while not employing any facts.

Try again.

Sorry, the other guy served you reality on a silver platter and you denied it like all the other fanboys. Arguing with someone with a pathological distaste for empirical reality is always futile, similar to mental patients.

You're wrong.

1) 2 Battlemasters here, and no

2) what are you even talking about?

3) Yes because earning a few hundred thousand credits a day from a single profession made sense

4) Frame rate is fine here smells like user error

Sorry, the other guy served you reality on a silver platter and you denied it like all the other fanboys. Arguing with someone with a pathological distaste for empirical reality is always futile, similar to mental patients.

You still haven't employed any hard facts. I don't think you know what the word "reality" means. Reality isn't your opinion dressed up with a number you make up.

To the OP if you have multiple characters at level 30 and if any of them are Jedi knights and/or sith warriors than you are just didn't notice but you do have them, thank you for your time, it is a big deal, let karma walk you the rest of the way in 6-12 months if ability delay isn't fixed(as it's hard to fix and confirmed hard to fix.)

Take care :D