New Patch has made SWTOR just like Star Wars...& I'm glad!

StrandtheMan

Well let Rep hold out hope. In the next 3000 years the sith get wiped out somewhere in the timeline. Admittingly I dont keep up with alot of lore. But I do remember that in episode 1 they were suprised to see a Sith due to them thinking they were gone. So Republic players use the force and peer into the future to see when it happens, and have Faith :)

This patch shows that cheaters prosper, and that there are no adverse consequences to doing the wrong thing.

I do not believe that is the message of Star Wars.

1. The PvP exploit was hotfixed and the turret "exploit" was exposed as a hoax.

2. The Devs have said they've taken notice of who the exploiters were and are taking appropriate action.

3. The Devs have publicly shamed at least one poster who claimed he was banned when he wasn't, and referred his forum behavior to the moderators.

Well let Rep hold out hope. In the next 3000 years the sith get wiped out somewhere in the timeline. Admittingly I dont keep up with alot of lore. But I do remember that in episode 1 they were suprised to see a Sith due to them thinking they were gone. So Republic players use the force and peer into the future to see when it happens, and have Faith :)

At this point, I have to assume we are in an alternate timeline, where Bioware is planning to destroy the Republic. How else can you explain what is happening?

THE TRUE STORY

If you have played the originals KOTOR games, you would understand what's happening.

The Sith Empire, the true Lord Siths, they were beyond the known galaxy, gathering a massive army from unknown regions, just awaiting the right moment to come back and crush the Republic.

Revan, the Hero of the First KOTOR Game, desappears after the events of the game, searching in the beyond to fight (or join, depending on how you built your character) the Sith Empire, cripple them, before it was too late. (This facts is well known if you have played the duology, KOTOR 1 and 2).

So my friends, what's happening here, almost 300 hundred years after this events, is that the Sith Empire has finally revealed themselfs.

The Republic never knew the truth, what was happenig behind the scenes, so they were unprepared for War.

That's why the Sith Empire is so massive and have more allies than the republic.

Now, the Republic will have to go against all odds to win this war. Can they do it?

Edited by azamba

The Republic...outnumbered and crushed...demorialized and hopeless. Just as it should be. Now, despite their losses and bleak future, the true Republic heros (and heroines) can step forth and rise to the challenge to make a difference in PvP and SWTOR to overthrow the Sith Empire...or at least die trying.

I look forward to battling you brave (possibly foolish) champions on the Jung Ma server.

**On another note...this great patch also give me the insight to realize how guilible the forum community is and how outlandish their requests can be given no actual evidence (aka rollbacks, turret valor gains, mass valor exploit, etc.). Not sure why so many wish to blow things out of porportion without actually doing some research yourselves or why they continue to post lies in an attempt to fan flames (check recent dev post for example). You people are only hurting yourself for when there really is a serious issue and no one will believe you...including Bioware. You have only yourselves to blame when that happens.**

Except this is the roleplayer thought process NOT the typical gamer thought process...

I get what you're saying, but... eh... I really don't want to be put into carbonite for 6 weeks to feel like i'm REALLY Han Solo. >_>

The entire lore of Republic being the underdogs and dominated by the Sith Empire is great for a movie and book franchise.

It's awful for game design.

Agreed and if Bioware had the foresight for this inbalance maybe a 3rd faction should have been created for this game. Like the old days in DAOC, if a strong faction rose then the two smaller ones teamed up against them.

As a loyal member of the Sith empire, I salute your bravery and will meet you on the field of battle with nothing but my wits, my Sniper rifle, and 57 of my squad mates.

In true bad guy fashion, I will blindly fire 987 lazer shots in your general direction, each missing, while you hit with 100% accuracy, even while blind-folded.

Just as it should be.

Isn't this Tenancy?

for all intents and purposes, the Sith should be the underdogs.

Fixed :)

I've always liked being the underdog too. Make life a lot more exciting. Also requires a strong community. Those pvp fights are fun as hell, battling for a xp spot.

Edited by Appletaz

Are these guys sayin that all of us who rolled republic need to take it up the butt for a few thousand years until they decide to progress this game into a new era?

Lol no...well...maybe. :p Nah...just not to give up because you will eventually have the numbers balance out. Also, those Republic players who are good at PvP will stand out and organization of PvP groups will be common. Something I wish more Empire people would do on the Jung Ma server.

The Republic...outnumbered and crushed...demorialized and hopeless. Just as it should be. Now, despite their losses and bleak future, the true Republic heros (and heroines) can step forth and rise to the challenge to make a difference in PvP and SWTOR to overthrow the Sith Empire...or at least die trying.

I look forward to battling you brave (possibly foolish) champions on the Jung Ma server.

That's an awesome way of looking at it. Unfortunately I play on the Empire, but I want to at least make an alt for the Republic because that's the side I actually wanted to play on. Bring on the challenge!

That's an awesome way of looking at it. Unfortunately I play on the Empire, but I want to at least make an alt for the Republic because that's the side I actually wanted to play on. Bring on the challenge!

Glad to have people in the player base such as yourself! I think a lot of people are going to be drawn to the Republic now as they want to be a part of the side that can say a year down the road "Remember when you guys used to outnumber us...and now we dominate PvP everywhere. Yeah...helped make that change."

MMOs are living entities due to the population and its fluxation. One side strong now. One side strong later. The experience will change in time.

Glad to have people in the player base such as yourself! I think a lot of people are going to be drawn to the Republic now as they want to be a part of the side that can say a year down the road "Remember when you guys used to outnumber us...and now we dominate PvP everywhere. Yeah...helped make that change."

MMOs are living entities due to the population and its fluxation. One side strong now. One side strong later. The experience will change in time.

Dude when I made my account I picked a server for Empire and Picked a server for Empire (actually it was wherever my friend made his) No same server cross faction for me. Here I'm Republic There I'm Empire and going gung-ho each way.

LFG BT... Why can't I get a party... Oops... LFG Esseles!!!

Edited by DarthKhaos

That may be true in other MMOs. But for some reason people especially love the evil guys in Star Wars more than anything else. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Empire is always more popular. I bet the margin that they outnumber the Republic by would decrease though.

That may be true in other MMOs. But for some reason people especially love the evil guys in Star Wars more than anything else. So I wouldn't be surprised if the Empire is always more popular. I bet the margin that they outnumber the Republic by would decrease though.

Hmmm...I wonder if it's because most people are inherently evil and therefore are attracted to the side that better reflects our inner, primordial selves. Food for thought. :eek:

**On another note...this great patch also give me the insight to realize how guilible the forum community is and how outlandish their requests can be given no actual evidence (aka rollbacks, turret valor gains, mass valor exploit, etc.). Not sure why so many wish to blow things out of porportion without actually doing some research yourselves or why they continue to post lies in an attempt to fan flames (check recent dev post for example). You people are only hurting yourself for when there really is a serious issue and no one will believe you...including Bioware. You have only yourselves to blame when that happens.**

Ya the 1.1 explosion about valor and stuff was greatly exaggerated.

The people that exploited the patch were rolled back 1 by 1 on their valor and honestly if they did a server roll back due to certain groups exploiting I would be pissed. But no they did it on a case by case basis nabbing the fools that did it. The only bad thing out of 1.1 imo is that the cd's are hard to read now on your bar and that people got camped at med centers all day.

Really that was all tbh.

Except you CAN'T overthrow the Sith Empire...and that's the problem. If you could I would still be very excited about this game (and still subscribed).

If that's true...why the hell do I need to keep giving my female companion(s) gifts?! Pretty sure they just love me for my credits... >_>

Don't you know ANYTHING about girls? Even if you are the perfect man for them. The ULTIMATE man. You still gotta keep buying things for em.