Server mergers need to happen ASAP.

byteresistor

We need merges before even more people leave.

A server is a small society, and you need a certain number of people around for things to function as intended, be it economy, heroics, operations, pvp and what not.

Edited by DashFiss

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhu? And that's why most servers are Light / Standard now? And that's why we need merges?

Very few servers were "Light population" 2-3 weeks ago, standard or higher across the board during prime time.

Merging servers on the first billing cycle would be a PR disaster and speaks volumes about the game.

Edited by Zezel

I checked a bit last night, I am playing on Republic side. While the serverstatus was standard, there were 119 in Tython, 229 people on Taris, 102 on Fleet, 68 on Alderaan, 11 in Quesh, 38 on Hoth, 9 on Ilum. This is only republic side, I know the Empire side on our server has more players. Most people are still playing on low levels (Tython, Taris) or maybe play alts.

Server merges are bad... it is a sign of a game losing a lot os subscriptions. I think what you are looking for are looking for is something more specific as opposed to a global server merge.

Are you talking it is hard to get a group for flashpoints, heroics, warzones? There are other solutions for that as opposed to full blown server merges. Do they have some negatives associated with them, yes... but there are also positives that out weigh a total server merge...

just MHO...

Very few servers were "Light population" 2-3, standard or higher across the board during prime time.

Merging servers on the first billing cycle would be a PR disaster and speaks volumes about the game.

I know, and you're right. Save face and lose subs, OR do what's right imo, and get the merges going while there's still people around.. I think he last option will earn more money in the long run, actually, not to mention server maintenance.. That's just my guess, tho.

Edited by DashFiss

After leaving beta and going into head start.

I said to all that I know that they had TOO MANY servers.

The simple ones will choose a server because of it's name, and nothing else.

That's why we had people from overseas on Mind Trick. :rolleyes:

They should of had about 1/4 or 1/3 less servers IMO.

Now they have to perform cleanup.

Edited by Fraxture

Very few servers were "Light population" 2-3, standard or higher across the board during prime time.

Standard or light, it doesn't matter because standard actually spells light population in this game. And this games' so called light on the other hand would be considered a completely dead server in other games. Heavy is the bare minimal sign of a healthy server in this game.

Edited by byteresistor

Standard or light, it doesn't matter because standard actually spells light population in this game. And this games so called light on the other hand would be considered a completely dead server in other games. Heavy is the bare minimal sign of a healthy server in this game.

True, but we have no idea of that these terms actually mean as far as actual people.

Just glancing through the thread, but...

Is everyone who has issues with the population in this thread rolled on the Republic side?

On mind trick I am an Imp.

Full as heck on there.

On Telos I am Rep, pretty quiet.

But also where I have the most active guild.

So I end up grouping and communicating more with my guild over there and we get more done.

My Imp guild has more members but they seem immature and only concerned about their own leveling or needs.

So I don't do much over there even though there are more to do it with.

I think a great guild is key here.

My guild of 12 Rep players is a better fit then the guild of 100+ Imp players.

And I do not think mergers is a sign of failure.

Reminds me of people saying our marriage was set to fail because we were seeing a counselor 4 years in.

Now the wife and I have been married 23 years and those who told us that are divorced or on their 2nd marriage. :rolleyes:

Edited by Fraxture

Are you kidding me? Why would you ask me twice about that?

What do you think i consider peak times? DERP

50 PEOPLE ON THE FLEET in the evening 19:00 - 21:00.

Just logged on at 9 am (as un-peak as it gets) and there were almost that many people at the fleet as YOUR peak time. Yeah. I'm calling bs on this one.

problem isnt the server pop, the problem with the game is shard/instanced zones, also cities being nothing but huge corrider's of hell, ive been ranting from day one of launch this game needs to remove instanced zones, make future cities much smaller, and generally remove the whole ghost town vibe from the game, many of the fanboy's will jump in now and claim, i play this game for story, i like having all my quest stuff ready for me to kill/collect, i am a big fat carebear and all that sugar stuff. Or we will get the i dont know what you're talking about when i run around my cities on my server i see billions of people.

Remove instanced zones, make future cities smaller in size, or at least condence all the spread out vendors which is just useless as is and removing any form of buzz/ambiance from the game.

Just glancing through the thread, but...

Is everyone who has issues with the population in this thread rolled on the Republic side?

nope empire here. on the night where other servers were farming valor on ilum, i took a trip there to see if it was happening on my server. there were 4 players

For all you trolls playing on high pop servers: next time you login to the game on peak hours, go to server selection and be amazed how many light/standard servers there actually are.

Actually, the last time I did this (a couple days ago) it was nearly all heavy only 2 light.

nope empire here. on the night where other servers were farming valor on ilum, i took a trip there to see if it was happening on my server. there were 4 players

lol

I did that aswell and I ended up collecting armaments for the dailies... alone. I finished gathering all 150 without a single rep or imp in sight.

Actually, the last time I did this (a couple days ago) it was nearly all heavy only 2 light.

Yup. last night my server had the standard numbers it always had for the last couple of weeks.

Did warzone after warzone, and ran with some guildies.

So...no change here.

Should have listened to me and just left things alone.

Theres always a population drop right after a release, i said this would happen.

But people had to demand they open new servers instead of just sitting tight.

This.

People demanded more servers because, God forbid, they had to wait 15 minutes to play on other servers.

God forbid we actually allow statistics to get in the way of our generalizations.

I'm sure the statistics would agree with what I see if someone ever showed them to me. Like I mentioned above on the day that some servers had hundreds of imperials farming the crap out of reps in ilum, on my server I was alone in Ilum gathering armaments. if thaqt doesn't spell low pop server then I don't know what does.