Server mergers need to happen ASAP.

byteresistor

For all you trolls playing on high pop servers: next time you login to the game on peak hours, go to server selection and be amazed how many light/standard servers there actually are. And before you start trollin' I will remind you it was mostly you people who pleaded for more servers to be opened at launch to begin with.

Now that we've got that out of the way, merging servers benefits everyone in the long run (yes even you mr. ToFN). You may say it's bad publicity for the game at this early stage and that maybe true to an extent but what's truly bad publicity is when lots of people stop playing the game due to not having any incentive to play it. Paying a monthly fee for what feels like a single player game on many low pop servers is not that incentive I can assure you, and nor is rerolling for many either.

And before anyone says it's my fault I chose a low pop server: I didn't. The server was marked heavy when I started, I cannot tell the future, how was I supposed to foresee that the particular server I happened to roll on would plummit to light/sometimes standard. And on the other hand there are some servers which started light/standard and are now heavy. This was a random gamble that worked for some and for others it didn't.

The bottom line is that there are just far too many servers for a game this young. They opened like what; over 100 new servers after the queue QQ during launch? Who was the person in charge who approved to give in to this whining? Have they not witnessed this happening in pretty much every MMO before this one? The results have always been the same. Try to be a little more realistic, you're not going to get 10 million players right from the get go. If you can listen to queue whiners then why cannot you now listen to us who are asking you to fix the problem you created by giving into those whines?

Edited by byteresistor

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i also don't think you understand the term "Standard"

Standard pop servers are considered normal.

Last night when i was logged in over half the US servers were heavy or highter, and the rest standard with none being listed as light!

Edited by Mr_Crueak

Lol struggling to work out what would not be classed a troll here... Someone who agrees with you I guess.

Merging servers too soon is as bad as opening too many too fast.

Well darn it you're trolling yourself by your definition :D

I think I do now.

No you do not :rolleyes:

BW just needs to lock heavy pop servers from more joining them unless one faction needs players to balance it out.

Game is roughly a month old and I play on 3 server. 2 of them for the first 20 days I only saw 2 to 5 people in an area. AH hardly had anything at all on it. But now they are gaining in population and going from around 5 people in an area to 60+ now.

And yeah, standard is what things should be.

The problem is the game is split into too many different areas, even on a heavy pop server higher level planets feel empty.

higher level planets feel empty i'm sure is because the vast majority of players are in the 20's and low 30's. Not every one rushes to max and or has the time to max lvl quickly. I've been playing since launch and the hight lvl i've ever reach is lvl 18. I have the mmo disease called "reRollaltlITUS" which inflicts a lot of individuals!

i also don't think you understand the term "Standard"

Standard pop servers are considered normal.

Last night when i was logged in over half the US servers were heavy or highter, and the rest standard with none being listed as light!

Then the "standard" tag is apparently used for server that are actually very lightly populated.

My server, Dune bantha, is an absolut ghosttown. 50 People n Fleet at peak times, empire side.

What am i supposed to do? Playing, be it Pve dungeons or PvP is almost impossible and it gets emptyer every week.

Do i really need to reroll and do another 4000 Kill XX/rightclick XX quests to be able to ever actually enjoy any kind of endgame?

You wanna know what happens when a game company starts merging servers? it dies

lol. Server traffic is down 50% in the past few weeks. Retail sales for Week ended January 7th were under 21K units.

What part of "dies" have you missed? When I'm on Alderaan and there are four people... The game is dead.

Then the "standard" tag is apparently used for server that are actually very lightly populated.

My server, Dune bantha, is an absolut ghosttown. 50 People n Fleet at peak times, empire side.

What am i supposed to do? Playing, be it Pve dungeons or PvP is almost impossible and it gets emptyer every week.

Do i really need to reroll and do another 4000 Kill XX/rightclick XX quests to be able to ever actually enjoy any kind of endgame?

what are your play times? servers are going to be unpopulated during low peak hours, this is one of the disadvantages to having seperated servers based on geographical area.

Here we go again.

Server pops are fine.

I log on at peak hours, I see heavy.

I take back what I said about trolls and now refer to these people as *insert something bannable here*.

And if you're still too dumb to figure out why I said that then let me break it down for you:

your server maybe heavy but that's not the case for every server, or did you miss the part where I asked you to check server selection?

And yeah, standard is what things should be.

We all know by now

Light

Standard

Heavy

Very Heavy

Full

Full (with queue)

Standard ain't good at all, that means low population. Mine's been standard since I rolled there, I usually see around 50-60 on fleet. Needless to say, it can be very hard to get a FP going.

It is not enough, by a longshot.

Edited by DashFiss

what are your play times? servers are going to be unpopulated during low peak hours, this is one of the disadvantages to having seperated servers based on geographical area.

As i said, fleet has 50 people on it at peak times.

The planets are absolutely ghost towns, and the trend sadly, atleast on my server is fewer and fewer people.

As i said, fleet has 50 people on it at peak times.

The planets are absolutely ghost towns, and the trend sadly, atleast on my server is fewer and fewer people.

what do you consider peak times?

you try to evade the question like a politician would!

For all you trolls playing on high pop servers: next time you login to the game on peak hours, go to server selection and be amazed how many light/standard servers there actually are. And before you start trollin' I will remind you it was mostly you people who pleaded for more servers to be opened at launch to begin with.

Now that we've got that out of the way, merging servers benefits everyone in the long run (yes even you mr. ToFN). You may say it's bad publicity for the game at this early stage and that maybe true to an extent but what's truly bad publicity is when lots of people stop playing the game due to not having any incentive to play it. Paying a monthly fee for what feels like a single player game on many low pop servers is not that incentive I can assure you, and nor is rerolling for many either.

And before anyone says it's my fault I chose a low pop server: I didn't. The server was marked heavy when I started, I cannot tell the future, how was I supposed to foresee that the particular server I happened to roll on would plummit to light/sometimes standard. And on the other hand there are some servers which started light/standard and are now heavy. This was a random gamble that worked for some and for others it didn't.

The bottom line is that there are just far too many servers for a game this young. They opened like what; over 100 new servers after the queue QQ during launch? Who was the person in charge who approved to give in to this whining? Have they not witnessed this happening in pretty much every MMO before this one? The results have always been the same. Try to be a little more realistic, you're not going to get 10 million players right from the get go. If you can listen to queue whiners then why cannot you now listen to us who are asking you to fix the problem you created by giving into those whines?

OP here's a hint if your server was "full" before and is a ghosttown now = people quit, rolled ALTS on other servers or alot went on vacation, you pick which one.

OP here's a hint if your server was "full" before and is a ghosttown now = people quit, rolled ALTS on other servers or alot went on vacation, you pick which one.

Uhu? And that's why most servers are Light / Standard now? And that's why we need merges?

Edited by DashFiss

Well I'll be damned, I never figured this one out myself /end sarcasm

But that's no excuse to keep a million low pop servers around. It only hurts them in the long run.

what do you consider peak times?

you try to evade the question like a politician would!

Are you kidding me? Why would you ask me twice about that?

What do you think i consider peak times? DERP

50 PEOPLE ON THE FLEET in the evening 19:00 - 21:00.