Ninjaing other people's objectives is just rude and wrong

Trashbone

Yep..I was at one objective clearing the mobs and some wonderfully polite player ran up, clicked it and took off.

I was patiently waiting when someone else came up...fully expecting a race to the click, and he/she invited me to group and said, "sorry but I did not want to steal your objective."

We both got the update, said good bye and disbanded.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was working on an objective last night and there were other people in the area doing the same. Another player had come on a pack of mobs from the opposite side from me and we both attacked at the same time. Well he got one and I got the rest because of the way they were spread out. Man, was he upset about me stealing the kills. He wispered me telling me i was wrong for stealing his kills.

Problem is I did not steal his kills, from my view we attacked at the same time. The game decided I attacked first on the ones I hit, and he got the one that was closer to him, no big deal. You would think I was camping his body in PVP. After a minute of his ongoing complaints I told them stop wasting his time and just grab another group.

Crap happens adjust, the world is not always out to screw you over. Move on.

:)

*By the way the objective was 4 items that dropped from some of the mobs.*

Edited by Grimjax

They should just change the way this works as in LOTRO where a quest objective is available to everyone, it doesn't disappear when one person takes it, problem solved

I think this is the best solution.

I know some people really are jerky but sometimes mistakes happens - people play while tired all the time. Not just that, situations can be easily misinterpreted. I hate to see people's reputations ruined in general chat over what could have been a simple error.

Yep..I was at one objective clearing the mobs and some wonderfully polite player ran up, clicked it and took off.

Out of curiosity, were they following you around, waiting for you to clear the mobs? Did they just run up at that moment and see you standing there directly after the fight? They wouldn't know that you worked for that objective if they had.

Problem is I did not steal his kills, from my view we attacked at the same time. The game decided I attacked first on the ones I hit, and he got the one that was closer to him, no big deal. You would think I was camping his body in PVP. After a minute of his ongoing complaints I told them stop wasting his time and just grab another group.

Good example. What if this guy was so sure you were screwing him over that he came to the forum and called you out by name? In his mind, he was absolutely right, couldn't possibly be any other explanation.

Edited by grania

Ninja 'ing is part of the game, it isn't ever going to go away. But then you have days like today, when a republic player helped me get a holocron... then you realise that not everyong in this game is a total douche.... pay it forward!!!.. lol

Yeah it's not 'part of the game' but you are right it's never going to go away. I don't mind waiting the extra minute or two for a respawn, but a lot of people are douches and don't care.

I tend to remember players who act like ***** and make sure to leap frog them with my maurader stealth in area's to make sure they have to clear stuff behind me before they get to me.

when i come upon someone fighting right in front of an objective, node, or chest, i either help or move on. why? because thats who i am. i believe in showing other people respect and courtesy until they show me a reason not to... yes even in a video game.

to everyone else, ive been playing mmo's since everquest was released, and being rude in an mmo is a time honored tradition. don't let them get under your skin, thats really all they are trying to do. smile, and move on.

Exactly! /Signed!:cool:

Just because some one chose to jump in to a well, that does not mean that we all must do it also!

We have brains a common sense for something! Better start using it!:D

What sort of ability do you guys have that lets you know why a player is in an area at all times? I'm certain I've "ninjaed" quest things because I have no way of knowing what you're after unless you're standing right on top of it. Does a single one of you even say anything to the other player before spouting off in General? Do ANY of you even offer to group up for quests when an area is well trafficked so everyone in the group gets credit? Probably not because in modern MMOs there's a phobia about grouping for things unless the game design forces you to. :rolleyes:

Out of curiosity, were they following you around, waiting for you to clear the mobs? Did they just run up at that moment and see you standing there directly after the fight? They wouldn't know that you worked for that objective if they had.

To be honest I was not paying too much attention. It was some pillar in a pit surrounded by mobs.

He/she had to see me clearing the mobs since they ran right through the fight and clicked and took off.

The objectives respawn so fast I do not make a big deal out of it when it happens.

What sort of ability do you guys have that lets you know why a player is in an area at all times? I'm certain I've "ninjaed" quest things because I have no way of knowing what you're after unless you're standing right on top of it. Does a single one of you even say anything to the other player before spouting off in General? Do ANY of you even offer to group up for quests when an area is well trafficked so everyone in the group gets credit? Probably not because in modern MMOs there's a phobia about grouping for things unless the game design forces you to. :rolleyes:

Generally speaking, there's no real reason for a person to be at some specific place other than for a quest objective, so the chances that you both are working for the same objective is rather big.

It's not really about player behavior, but a design flaw with the game. Even if I'm working up to an objective, I don't expect people to start lining up behind me and waiting for me to finish. Things you interact should respawn instantly. Any named kills should only take 10-15 seconds to respawn.

This would help everyone. In some place the respawn time needs to be faster.

I've been encountering more and more players who seem to think that it's okay to ninja somebody else's objectives .... ***. Today I was battling a mob when another player took advantage - ran right by me and destroyed the target I was after - seriously that is f'ed up and cheap........:mad:

Put them on ignore. Just the other day on Taris I find a chest with 4 guards. While I'm killing them, right on top of the chest, a guy runs up and loots it. Nice man. Just put him on ignore. It's really all you can do. Some people are just little ****s.

I was prepping a group last night for the Alderaan world boss. There were sixteen of us right in the river in front of it buffing up and coordinating to start the attack.

One Level 50 cruised directly through us (all 16 of us in the river) on his speeder and proceeded to tag the World Boss and solo it, completely screwing over my group of 16 so that he could down a mob that wouldn't possibly drop anything of value for his level.

This kind of behavior needs to stop. I don't know what can really be done about it, but I can't believe people behave like this.

I've been accused of it myself and it irks the hell out of me. I'm a courteous player, I go out of my way to help people in trouble and I'm careful about things like mission objectives. I start teams and I drive by buff/ heal and I treat everyone the way I would like to be treated.

And yet still, in a room full of almost instantly respawning objectives, where there are plenty for all, and even after waiting several seconds for the other guy to click them, I get called out. He was just standing there, doing nothing at all. How long am I supposed to wait around for him to get his act together? I had no way of knowing whether he even still needed them.

Additionally, a whisper to me was all it would have taken, and I could have apologized or explained myself. Rude goes both ways.

Edited by grania

They should just change the way this works as in LOTRO where a quest objective is available to everyone, it doesn't disappear when one person takes it, problem solved

Perfect. I hope Bioware is paying attention to this thread. The only downside that I can see is low levels sneaking in to tag upper level loot without having to fight.

Edited by Bamajawn

also you wouldnn't have to worry about this stuff if the game was open world pvp and players were lootable. If someone took your box you could kill them and take it back.

But the modern gamer is to carebear he wants the the devs to put in more limits to hold his hand and boost his ego.

also you wouldnn't have to worry about this stuff if the game was open world pvp and players were lootable. If someone took your box you could kill them and take it back.

But the modern gamer is to carebear he wants the the devs to put in more limits to hold his hand and boost his ego.

Actually, with your attitude, I don't think you'd want this as I think you'd spend a lot of your life getting ganked. Your previous post also indicates that would be well-deserved.

Two things that happened to me.

1) There is a quest objective and I am walking directly towards it after killing the mobs in front. Another guy comes up behind me and uses force sprint so he can take it just before I can.

2) I am in an area and see a chest. A ways to my right I see a guy just finishing up with some mobs and he goes the other way. I kill the mobs before the chest and as I do that, he pops out of stealth and loots the chest.

Sometimes, it is clear when people are being jerks.

I play the european servers just to avoid that issue. The american servers are full of players that pull that @#%&. Only noticed a couple of instances of ninja-ing.

Yes, Europe is one big happy Koombaya party. Rudeness is only in America.

Go away delusional hypocritical troll.

I came from darkfall so Im use to getting ganked and have done my share as well. Ganking makes the game fun.

When your ganked and looted having spent an hour or so farming to have it all taken away by some ROFLstomper it makes you angry. That in turns makes you seek revenge so the day you kill that ROFLStomper back the joy is grand.

Todays carebear games are just lame, whats even the point of pvp? You don't lose anything i see people crying daily about how this and that is unfair and how they can't pvp but really even if your lossing in warzones your still gaining, its sad that the gamer world has become so kindergarden.

Stop feeding the A-holes, they won't change until one day they disrespect the wrong person and pay the price. Sometimes that never happens, but to most it does. Sometimes I even get to see that moment when they realize they just made a huge mistake, which can be wonderful or painful to watch depending how high a price they pay for it.

I try not to take objectives someone else is fighting for, I will even help them. Most people thank me and help me out in return, others aggro everything and get me killed for my kindness. It happens, it is a game, shrug it off. Just make sure to always ignore them before they run off so you don't wind up in a group with them later.

An IRL ignore function would be the most amazing invention ever.

Ninja 'ing is part of the game.

Anyone who thinks this...I hate you to the very core.

I find it frusterating when I'm told by a guy who ninja's my hardmode Counsular Gear when he's a Trooper "It's part of the Game", well I hope some big strong man runs up to you and beats the crap out of you on the street then says: "It's part of Life, Deal with it."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.