The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ninjaing other people's objectives is just rude and wrong

Trashbone

I've been encountering more and more players who seem to think that it's okay to ninja somebody else's objectives .... ***. Today I was battling a mob when another player took advantage - ran right by me and destroyed the target I was after - seriously that is f'ed up and cheap........:mad:

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been encountering more and more players who seem to think that it's okay to ninja somebody else's objectives .... ***. Today I was battling a mob when another player took advantage - ran right by me and destroyed the target I was after - seriously that is f'ed up and cheap........:mad:

No, it's very Sith and expected of all young apprentices.

j/k...I feel your pain. Wish there was a way to "like" or "dislike" another player. Sort of like a reputation.

Edited by iheartnyc

Ninja 'ing is part of the game, it isn't ever going to go away. But then you have days like today, when a republic player helped me get a holocron... then you realise that not everyong in this game is a total douche.... pay it forward!!!.. lol

I know how you feel, it happens to me all the time. It happens more in this game then it ever has in any other game. The other day someone did this to me so I followed him and watched him run into an elite. I just sat and watched him get his *** kicked.

Or another thing that could be done to help with this kind of thing is to have the quest objectives respawn almost instantly..

I see no reason in today's mmo where you have to wait around for a quest objective.. Its just tedious and annoying, especially for solo quest objectives..

Edited by Kanuel

I know how you feel, it happens to me all the time. It happens more in this game then it ever has in any other game. The other day someone did this to me so I followed him and watched him run into an elite. I just sat and watched him get his *** kicked.

Haha. Yay karma. :p

I have a rule, if anyone does that to me I follow them and do it to them for as long as possible until they log off or change instances. It's a great way to teach them manners.

I have done the same thing in the past.

Usually it gets the point across.

But I'm not real proud of it ... two wrongs don't make a right.

I have a rule, if anyone does that to me I follow them and do it to them for as long as possible until they log off or change instances. It's a great way to teach them manners.

I send them a whisper telling them what a rude *&^% they are and then add them to my ignore list.

back when i was a youngin' i had to fight to my npc's all the ways across the zone, which was 10 miles away and I'd have to do it bare foot, in the snow... UP HILL! and when I got there, someone would steal my objectives and they wouldn't respawn for a whole hour! AND I WAS GRATEFUL!

So one can assume then that you're one of the people that do it...

:rolleyes:

I don´t mind people snatching a certain mob from me even if it means you gotta sit on your hands for 1-5mins for it to respawn it´s game mechanics one of you has to wait it to spawn unless you group up for it (luckily most questmobs are in storymode) . Worst people are those who snatch chests that you´re are clearing for maybe fighting a pack of elite and silver mobs those go straight to ignore list with a whisper of very nice words...

If only we could heal hostile targets :D

That works. Another option, available to the stealthers, is to simply disappear when you spot someone heading to your mission objective. See them get slaughtered, and project your holodancer on their body or the on top of the objective after you took it yourself.

Or another thing that could be done to help with this kind of thing is to have the quest objectives respawn almost instantly..

I see no reason in today's mmo where you have to wait around for a quest objective.. Its just tedious and annoying, especially for solo quest objectives..

Exactly.