This Legacy system currently discourages twinking

Korevas

Currently it seems like the legacy system will offer the option to start new characters of different races, maybe even improved customization at some point in the future, so if you want to take advantage of it you will probably have to reroll. Also, if you don't know about this system (as there are no hints at all in the whole game at it before you just randomly get it) you kinda get cheated out of legacy experience if you bring up multiple characters at once before one of them unlocks legacy xp.

Now this is not supposed to be an all out whine, people can obviously do without that legacy stuff, but keeping the most notorious twinkers out of the twink system? Obvious design failure.

Currently it seems like the legacy system will offer the option to start new characters of different races, maybe even improved customization at some point in the future, so if you want to take advantage of it you will probably have to reroll. Also, if you don't know about this system (as there are no hints at all in the whole game at it before you just randomly get it) you kinda get cheated out of legacy experience if you bring up multiple characters at once before one of them unlocks legacy xp.

Now this is not supposed to be an all out whine, people can obviously do without that legacy stuff, but keeping the most notorious twinkers out of the twink system? Obvious design failure.

uhh no.

the legacy system is something that's never been done before. no MMO has actually encouraged and promoted alts.

this a pretty cool thing happening. so just ride the wave bro.

Edited by chrisftw

uhh no.

the legacy system is something that's never been done before. no MMO has actually encouraged and promoted alts.

this a pretty cool thing happening. so just ride the wave bro.

What are you talking about? Plenty of MMOs encourage alts. WoW for instance had entire sets of gear designed to be used by alts.

What are you talking about? Plenty of MMOs encourage alts. WoW for instance had entire sets of gear designed to be used by alts.

if you're talking about heirloms no they don't ENCOURAGE anything outside of leveling faster bro.

what kinda lame reward is that?

this game offers you skills, appearances, actualy friggin linkage to all your other alts.

if you can't see that. well then pandas are

<-------------- that way

if you're talking about heirloms no they don't ENCOURAGE anything outside of leveling faster bro.

this game offers you skills, appearances, actualy friggin linkage to all your other alts.

<-------------- that way

Ugh, trying to present reason to you people is just taxing.

Ugh, trying to present reason to you people is just taxing.

and you think that leveling faster is some kind of bonus or reward to creating an alt in WOW

your logic eludes me friend. and honestly if you think that's the best there is. Then even painting a picture for you to look at is a mute point.

you probably look at the mona lisa and go.. what its just a picture of some chick.

Edited by chrisftw

who cares about twinks.... obviously you want that one other game. Legacy system is amazing from what I've heard so far. If you want to go twink a toon out go play that other game.

The game wasn't designed for max level 19 characters. It was designed as a RPG-MMO. If you don't know what a role-playing-mmo is I suggest you go read up on it. It's not a LVL19GODGEARFORPVP-MMO.

The bane for new players wanting to do some pvp are twinks.

Oh man i remember in WoW those scrubs sporting 3000 health versus a 600 health normal player.

They believed they had a big community untill blizzard gave them their own XP off bracket and they had 5 days queeu times.

Twink at max level and play with the big boys not farming newbs who just start the game.

Its bad for busniess you know.

and you think that leveling faster is some kind of bonus or reward to creating an alt in WOW

your logic eludes me friend. and honestly if you think that's the best there is. Then even painting a picture for you to look at is a mute point.

you probably look at the mona lisa and go.. what its just a picture of some chick.

Your analogy is stupid. Honestly, I wonder if you even appreciate the asthetic of paintings enough to understand why the Mona Lisa is so well respected as art work. At any rate, the statement put forth was that there were no systems in ANY other MMO to support alts. This is patently false, I gave evidence showing that other games, WoW especially, that do have alt support systems. They may not be the best systems, but they do exist. The OP stated alts in this game get skills and what not as though that is unique to this game, while completely ingoring the fact that crew skill/crafting is marginally different in this game than in any other game with crafting. The only difference is that you send companions to gather and craft rather than hunt down ingredients on your own.

You can't really use the Legacy system either to say alts are supported because the system is not yet implemented. Its is vaporware until it is actualized.

tl;dr I never said the system in WoW was the best, but the OP said SWTOR's was the ONLY one out there. This is false.

To be honest, the Mona Lisa is a bit underwhelming in its current setting. The Louvre is filled with so many marvels that it is nearly lost in the crowd.

I'm curious to see what they do with the Legacy system here. It fits so well into the genre. Star Wars is all about legacies - families. Annakin and his kids. The Fett family. And the books are full of even more dynastic lines of famous relatives.

To be honest, the Mona Lisa is a bit underwhelming in its current setting. The Louvre is filled with so many marvels that it is nearly lost in the crowd.

I'm curious to see what they do with the Legacy system here. It fits so well into the genre. Star Wars is all about legacies - families. Annakin and his kids. The Fett family. And the books are full of even more dynastic lines of famous relatives.

The implementation across factions is kinda silly and nonsensical. You're right about the Mona Lisa though, I'm not sure why most people look to it as the pinacle of art. I've always been partial to Botticeli, even though he went along with the Bonfire of the Vanities.

The implementation across factions is kinda silly and nonsensical. You're right about the Mona Lisa though, I'm not sure why most people look to it as the pinacle of art. I've always been partial to Botticeli, even though he went along with the Bonfire of the Vanities.

How is it nonsensical? Families can't join different sides? This is Star Wars, families being split between factions is a large part of the story on multiple levels. Plus it's an RPG. Giving players choice to spin their own backstory as to why one member of a family is a Jedi in the Republic and the other went to the Sith is part and parcel of what this game is supposed to be about- letting people live out their SW fantasies. Not everyone- nor I'd venture to say even the majority- that plays this game is all about PvP and twinking etc. If you are more power to you. Play how you want. Even so, who's to say that Bioware won't allow you to link current alts when this new system is implemented? We don't have enough information right now to really do much but speculate.

tl;dr: Splitting of families across factions is a large part of SW lore and always has been, so it's not nonsensical at all. Arguing or complaining about a feature that we have little information about is kinda silly at this early stage without more solid information to go on.

<-------------- that way

Hmmm lets see.

1) gear that is obtainable at cap level that is shareable across your toons on that server.

2) Said gear increases EXP gain, and scales as a character levels.

3) Character obtaining said gear is at level cap.

GEE I WONDER WHAT I DO WITH THIS GEAR!?

I favor anything that discourages twinking. It's obviously not an issue in PvE until more people reach endgame and start using twinking as a measuring bar for who will and won't get into a group. It's more of an issue for PvP, which I don't much care about one way or the other.

This said, it's important to realize that we don't yet have confirmation that the Legacy system will give us new race/class combinations. We only have the appearance of a Miraluka who appears to be a Sith Warrior in a single instance in a video. We should wait until full confirmation from BioWare before assuming too much.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.