Will unsubscribed people not be able to post after today?

DavesTheName

Not to mention general discussion is where trolls live.

Exactly, but is the most used part of the forum. I've not had anything I wanted to discuss so far that wouldn't be considered "general", so I come here more often than any other parts of the forum. It hurts my eyes.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not one for browsing through forums but I look for interesting topics once in a while. Yet, i find myself smashing my head against my keyboard with every thread I do look through. Trolls, complainers, all around annoying people that don't understand what that a one month old game is just the same as a one month old child. You have to be gentle and patient, not annoying and rage filled. So yes, unsubbed people will probably go away. Which in it's self is a blessing few forums have.

Axl out.

If you read half of the posts in this thread you see why I ask the question. A forum where only subscribers can post makes sense. That way even when people complain it will be a legitimate complaint. Not "The game is the buggiest ever released, everything is broken".

What would you care anyway? Your sub says that you do not pass much time in here. Of course you would want that little time to see quality posts. Well, as you may think that complaining is not your opinion of quality posts, the same could be said for posts the brown nose or posts that harass others or posts that praise the company. In my opinion the most well written posts in here are from people that are actually complaining.

If you read half of the posts in this thread you see why I ask the question. A forum where only subscribers can post makes sense. That way even when people complain it will be a legitimate complaint. Not "The game is the buggiest ever released, everything is broken".

Its hard to read a post when BW keeps blocking and deleting them all. It seems in SWTOR general talking about the games flaws in not considered general chat...but oozing how much you love the game is fine.

Its hard to read a post when BW keeps blocking and deleting them all. It seems in SWTOR general talking about the games flaws in not considered general chat...but oozing how much you love the game is fine.
Go look at the posts being deleted. When the crazy person is asking people to "Stand up don't take this lying down /frothy mouth, kill bioware! if they don't listen!" Or "Hey I said blah blah, but you didn't listen and my special snowflake syndrome means you have to listen to me should be deleted. Lr2write constructively. Edited by Vehar

So people who bought the game can't complain until they start subbing after the 1st month of gameplay?

Go look at he posts being deleted. When the crazy person is asking people to "Stand up don't take this lying down /frothy mouth, kill bioware! if they don't listen!" Or "Hey I said blah blah, but you didn't listen and my special snowflake syndrome means you have to listen to me should be deleted. Lr2write constructively.

wow you make a lot of valid arguments... actually most the posts start out with legit complaints...and most the time the trolls I see are the ones that are paying subs asking for peoples gear...

wow you make a lot of valid arguments... actually most the posts start out with legit complaints...and most the time the trolls I see are the ones that are paying subs asking for peoples gear...
Well not the ones I seem to find, this guy on another thread is just plain crazy. Acting like he is liberating us from a dictator.

Exactly, but is the most used part of the forum. I've not had anything I wanted to discuss so far that wouldn't be considered "general", so I come here more often than any other parts of the forum. It hurts my eyes.

There is no reason you can't create a topic, bookmark it, and then use your bookmark to check for responses. You don't have to set your eyes on all the other topics that strike you as overly negative.

Sadly, over zealous fans will kill this game faster than any hater ever could. Because in their eyes the game is perfect, Bioware products are perfect (let's ignore the likely reality that most of this team never worked on a Bioware title before, as this was a newly formed and freshly staffed studio in Texas), and since everything is so incredibly perfect nothing needs to improve or change. So, we'll get stuck with the game as it exists today.

Don't get me wrong, there are some serious trolls on the forums who hate the way this game turned out and just want to bring everything down with them as they exit the scene. But there are also customers with legitimate concerns and complaints. And, unfortunately, they can rarely get a word in edgewise without some fan-nuts jumping all over them.

The discussions on this forum won't be useful until people from both extremes stay away.

Edited by Apax

There is no reason you can't create a topic, bookmark it, and then use your bookmark to check for responses. You don't have to set your eyes on all the other topics that strike you as overly negative.

Sadly, over zealous fans will this game faster than any hater ever could. Because in their eyes the game is perfect, Bioware products are perfect (let's ignore the likely reality that most of this team never worked on a Bioware title before, as this was a newly formed and freshly staffed studio in Texas), and since everything is so incredibly perfect nothing needs to improve or change. So, we'll get stuck with the game as it exists today.

Don't get me wrong, there are some serious trolls on the forums who hate the way this game turned out and just want to bring everything down with them as they exit the scene. But there are also customers with legitimate concerns and complaints. And, unfortunately, they can rarely get a word in edgewise without some fan-nuts jumping all over them.

The discussions on this forum won't be useful until people from both extremes stay away.

The game isn't perfect, but I'm seeing the same complaint pasted all over the forum day after day and on top of legitimate complaints I'm also seeing threads that make outlandish complaints such as "everything is broken". Complainy threads are fine - from people who write them properly and complain about things worth complaining about. When there are 100 threads saying "Omg this game is so broken I can't even log in BW have stolen my money lag is so bad game is broken lol GW2 will walk all over SWTOR lol bai" then it just gets a bit much, you know?

Sorry, legit complaints get shouted down just as hard as OMG SKYFALLING!!1! posts.

It'll be interesting to see the forums become an echo chamber of self congratulatory BW leg humping.

We all desperately want this forum to become a fanboi love fest but it just ain't gonna happen because some non-fanbois let their subs run out. What we need is fixes of numerous problems that seriously affect playability and solid no-nonsense info from devs on upcoming fixes. What will drive people away and make them complain on a forum is "no fixie/no talkie."

ToR is a fun game that was released a month or two early and needs to work hard to catch up and clean up the problems they might have fixed had they had another 6-8 weeks. Until then, players who continue to experience these problems will come here and make threads complaining about stuff that doesn't work. Fanbois will continue to call for a utopian hivemind of "all is well" but the only realistic way to get there is BW ramping up the support/dev staff, rolling up their sleeves and getting to work.

Closing/deleting complainers threads is not going to cut it in the long run and they know that. Subs are the goal and we can't afford to keep losing them and keep the game viable. A discrete portion of the playerbase want only a few thousand other fanbois to enjoy the game and be the special ones. I can understand and appreciate that sentiment but BW is not going to play along. They want the subs of all those complainers out there; despite what fanbois believe, no one has "special" money, to them it is all just green.

I am keeping my sub and ill still be here complaining about things that are not right or missing in this game.

You see i wan th game to succeed! Its not going to as long as there is nothing but fanboys posting OMG you rock BW!

When some thing is wrong, broken or missing it needs to be put out there!

Oh and dont tell me run back to wow. I still play it and rift and this. I feel it makes me a well rounded player with out blinders on!

Sorry, legit complaints get shouted down just as hard as OMG SKYFALLING!!1! posts.

It'll be interesting to see the forums become an echo chamber of self congratulatory BW leg humping.

If legit complaints look like this... well, your definition of legit has issues.

Constructive criticism doesn't get deleted -- unless the thread gets swarmed by rabid, raging nerds, which unfortunately seems to happen a lot.

If it's not constructive, why keep it? This forum isn't for people who have unsubbed, or want it to fail. It's here for people who play the game.

Edited by Pink_Saber

Misery loves company. However, misery re-subbing to a game they disdain is illogical...therefor, hopefully they disappear or go back to Pandas.

Even though I have subbed up for another month, that sentence does my head in.

Do you realise how ridiculous that statement is?

Yes please people leave to go and play another game (all be it the most successful mmo to date) because even though I want the game to do well I would prefer to see any who post negative views against the game to leave it and take there money with them.

Sorry some of you clueless (insert expletive) need to understand something and quickly.

BW IS A BUSINESS NOT A CHARITY

So wanting people to leave doesn't do any of you any favours, try thinking like someone who runs a business, I know it might be hard for some of you who are still in school, but just try.

Yes please people leave to go and play another game (all be it the most successful mmo to date) because even though I want the game to do well I would prefer to see any who post negative views against the game to leave it and take there money with them.

Sorry some of you clueless (insert expletive) need to understand something and quickly.

So wanting people to leave doesn't do any of you any favours, try thinking like someone who runs a business, I know it might be hard for some of you who are still in school, but just try.

If people want to whine about how terrible the game it they can go get a blog. I have not issues with people posting about their problems or or even giving the game some constructive criticism, there are certainly a long list of things I'd change if I had my way. But most of the posts are just the same whines, with no suggestions or ideas, just Bioware fails, this games sucks, yadda yadda. Those won't make the game better, and they certainly make the forums worse.

Sadly, over zealous fans will this game faster than any hater ever could. Because in their eyes the game is perfect, Bioware products are perfect (let's ignore the likely reality that most of this team never worked on a Bioware title before, as this was a newly formed and freshly staffed studio in Texas), and since everything is so incredibly perfect nothing needs to improve or change. So, we'll get stuck with the game as it exists today.

The game is definitely not perfect but at the same time I am having a fantastic time every time I log on. Yeah there are many bugs and concerns that need to be taken care of. No question about. But it gets old with the December people and so on are "quitting" while claiming another game did something so great. Yet they aren't playing that game and are on here. I haven't seen many legit topics on here with concerns, maybe due to all the fanboys of other games saying "this game will fail" like a 14 yr old talks because of whatever reason they flood the forum with. I do admit that I seen many topics before the game came out where people had concerns and would get ambushed, lol. But all you see now is crying on the forums instead of leaving and the usual 5000 threads of "I am quitting".

Edited by LordKOLZ

Right on, and besides panda expansion isn't out yet...

...But most of the posts are just the same whines, with no suggestions or ideas, just Bioware fails, this games sucks, yadda yadda.

You are wrong. Most of the current threads are legitimate issues, and most of those threads have constructive suggestions and ideas.

Cake is a lie; there is only pie.

Misery loves company. However, misery re-subbing to a game they disdain is illogical...therefor, hopefully they disappear or go back to Pandas.

Yes...because we certainly want to bury our heads in the sand and pretend that everything is just right with the game :)

Yeah, they should take away forum posting rights form anyone without an active sub.

Oh they do, but there are many of us who still enjoy the game but are pissed about many of the problems that still exist - like horrible FPS on Ilum and in WZ's. There are legitimate concerns that won't be silenced and those of us who love the game want to see it improve - not die off like so many others before it.

Oh they do, but there are many of us who still enjoy the game but are pissed about many of the problems that still exist - like horrible FPS on Ilum and in WZ's. There are legitimate concerns that won't be silenced and those of us who love the game want to see it improve - not die off like so many others before it.

Exactly, legitimate concerns like those you list will still be here. It is the "omg I got beat in pvp by x class nerf it" "omg I got an fps drop in a crowd your game must be broke not my pc I bought when wow came out" "omg there is a bug a month after release, this came is still in alpha stage rage!" or other such trolls that hopefully will diminish.

I doubt the game dies off. It has outsold war, rift and AoC's first month COMBINED. They have almost sold as many copies of this game as WoW sold cataclysm boxes for an entire year. Estimated 2.2 million physical copies sold and god knows how many digital. Even if 30% of people left thats crazy profit right there. The game is selling like mad even as we speak. So I know it seems like all doom and gloom here but its not all doom and gloom.

Edited by Leggomy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.