Why you shouldn't be concerned about all the QQ on this forum

Alianar

Because WoW's forum is the same, if not worse and it's been this way for 6 years now. And we all know how well the game is doing despite all the QQ you read every single day.

The day you stop reading "this game is a fail" threads on the general forums, that's when you should start to worry.

This isn't to say that those complaining have no reasons too. They do. But even when BW will fix all those issues (and they will), people will find something else to complain about.

Because that's what general forums are all about. Complaining.

With all the expectation this game's IP has generated, it's only natural that this section becomes a crying festival.

With that being said, i do have my share of complains about this game. While some of them are major issues, i don't believe that these will break the game on the long run.

The starwars IP will buy BW some time to adress some of these core issues, and the game still has alot of potential.

With my free month coming to an end, i think i won't take the escape pod just yet.

I will quit reading threads from this section of the forums however, as i did with wow forums (Best thing i did, really). Though reading things like "this game is the worst MMO ever made" can be rather funny as this title goes to FFXIV :)

See ya all

Edited by Alianar

Hasta... There goes the voice of reason.

Too bad people will forget about it or ignore it as i'm pretty sure half of those people that battle complainers every day have different intentions in mind. So do some of the complainers.

IMP, once a forum is corrupt it won't get better. People will tempt and the others will fall and follow.

I have to agree. There are many complaint threads/posts..... but they are still here. If it was so bad, or another game so much better, they would have moved on by now.

I hear a lot of "I paid my money and I'm unhappy!" but there is also a place to tell bioware why you are unsubscribing when you unsubscribe. The only reason to post on the general discussion forum is to try to stir up a comotion. At least that is the only way that makes sense to me.

When I go out to eat and have a subpar meal, I may tell the manager what was wrong so it doesn't happen again, then I go home and probably wont go back to the same place again for a while. I don't hang out in front and tell incoming customers that the product they may pay for is not good and the restaraunt is going to fail.

That is what consumer reports is for.

Edited by Tygranir

Good post, but failed logic.

Using that other game's forum posts as a rationale for judgments about this forum is unwise. The million QQ posts about "Panda's killing the game" and what-not are mostly nonsense but comparing them to us is apples and oranges. If all their posts were about serious playablility issues and features that are broken/didn't work maybe we could get there, but the QQs are just too different.

Using that other game's forum posts as a rationale for judgments about this forum is unwise. The million QQ posts about "Panda's killing the game" and what-not are mostly nonsense but comparing them to us is apples and oranges. If all their posts were about serious playablility issues and features that are broken/didn't work maybe we could get there, but the QQs are just too different.

You have a point.

Like i said, i do have my shares of complains and some of them are basic gameplay issue. The delayed activation of abilities and some problems with my graphic cards to name a few.

Still, these can be fixed so it's all in BW's hands now. To be fair, i just wanted to point out that the number of QQ post you read a day are not a good reference on how bad or well a game is doing.

With tha being said, they have been more serious QQ post on WoW forums than the "panda" threads.

For exemple, the fact that WoW keeps getting less and less challenging after each patch. This might not be a problem for some, but in my case, the change from the hardcore dungeons of the Burning crusade to the AoE festival these heroics became with wrath of the lich king were a game breaker for me. And i basicly stopped playing at that point.

But yes in ToR's case we do have bigger issus.

Nope, i am there now. No difference.

Everytime blizzard releases a Patch, the forums get's filled. It's quiet calm atm, but wait a few more weeks until another patch hits... That's why i never go there during a patch release.

Gameplay/Dungeons/Weapons/Armor/Quests/Daily's/PvP and more PvP and PvP.

It's very similar complaints.

One thing is for sure.

I am glad when I had to make a decision about going to EQ2 or WOW I couldn't stomach WOW's graphics.

EQ to EQ2 to EVE to SWTOR, I can honestly say I don't regret any of those choices.

So you're the cancer killing the video game industry is what you're saying? Forget game play, graphics make a game good.

I have to agree. There are many complaint threads/posts..... but they are still here. If it was so bad, or another game so much better, they would have moved on by now.

They are afaik ?, the 30 days they payed for when getting the game is running out witch is making people move on.

I hear a lot of "I paid my money and I'm unhappy!" but there is also a place to tell bioware why you are unsubscribing when you unsubscribe. The only reason to post on the general discussion forum is to try to stir up a comotion. At least that is the only way that makes sense to me.

If none wrote anything on the forum, and only posted on the cancel subscription page, do you seriously think it would do anything good for Bioware ? Telling them up front on the forum what issues you have gives Bioware a chance to actually react and keep customers here. Hate to break it to you, but thats why the game was made in the first place... to keep money comming aka have customers.

When I go out to eat and have a subpar meal, I may tell the manager what was wrong so it doesn't happen again, then I go home and probably wont go back to the same place again for a while. I don't hang out in front and tell incoming customers that the product they may pay for is not good and the restaraunt is going to fail.

Considering your bad example here, ill ajust it a bid. Say your buying a new car. You find one and pays $50000 dollars for it. Ones you get it delivered it has no engine in it, and the sales person tells you, he dident promise you a engine. Would you tell other people ? Now that is just as much a crap example, but its easy to make a story that suit your purpose.

What you have to so, is except the fact that a lot of people here, are actually interested in playing this game, and like the basic idea of the project. They have a lot of issue's with it because of bugs and failed customer support, and all they can do is be frustrated here on the forum. Kinda like when you dont like the way your wife parks the car, you tell her a million times and hopes she learns it, but its not like your gonna leave her over it.

You should infact be happy people complain here. The more people Bioware can make happy and turn into customers, the more money will be around to make the game better and even make sure the game stays around. If the player base is turned into the small group of hardcore fanboys out there, this game will close down.

Have no illusions, Bioware is ONLY doing this for money NOTHING else.

people still complain to this very day with how WOW has failed and because of some new patch that buffed/nerfed some class in some way that the game is ruined forever.

personally when Mass Effect 3 and Diablo 3 come out SWTOR is going to take a backseat.

They are afaik ?, the 30 days they payed for when getting the game is running out witch is making people move on.

If none wrote anything on the forum, and only posted on the cancel subscription page, do you seriously think it would do anything good for Bioware ? Telling them up front on the forum what issues you have gives Bioware a chance to actually react and keep customers here. Hate to break it to you, but thats why the game was made in the first place... to keep money comming aka have customers.

Considering your bad example here, ill ajust it a bid. Say your buying a new car. You find one and pays $50000 dollars for it. Ones you get it delivered it has no engine in it, and the sales person tells you, he dident promise you a engine. Would you tell other people ? Now that is just as much a crap example, but its easy to make a story that suit your purpose.

What you have to so, is except the fact that a lot of people here, are actually interested in playing this game, and like the basic idea of the project. They have a lot of issue's with it because of bugs and failed customer support, and all they can do is be frustrated here on the forum. Kinda like when you dont like the way your wife parks the car, you tell her a million times and hopes she learns it, but its not like your gonna leave her over it.

You should infact be happy people complain here. The more people Bioware can make happy and turn into customers, the more money will be around to make the game better and even make sure the game stays around. If the player base is turned into the small group of hardcore fanboys out there, this game will close down.

Have no illusions, Bioware is ONLY doing this for money NOTHING else.

I understand what you are saying, and I agree there are problems with the game. But when the developer has already acknowledged them and says they are working on them, what more is to be done? I have heard very, VERY, few new issues with the exception of the new BSODs after the patch. These also have been noticed, what more is to be done be repeatedly shouting Ability Delay!!! or I am unsubbing! Who is with me?

My example is valid. I once found a piece of plastic in my Chicken and Dumplings at the Cracker Barrel. I pulled the manager aside and let him know what the problem was. I did not try to lead a walk-out/boycott of the location due to my issues. There is a proper way of handling things. there is also a way to sound like a child screaming because they what their ice cream before dinner.

That is what consumer reports is for.

Example is poor but the official forum is not "hanging around in front". People use the official forums to complain, suggest etc. And of course if you liked the meal you do not go and harass people that might be "in front and tell incoming customers...", right? You are satisfied and you go home. You do not become the bouncer.

I understand what you are saying, and I agree there are problems with the game. But when the developer has already acknowledged them and says they are working on them, what more is to be done? I have heard very, VERY, few new issues with the exception of the new BSODs after the patch. These also have been noticed, what more is to be done be repeatedly shouting Ability Delay!!! or I am unsubbing! Who is with me?

My example is valid. I once found a piece of plastic in my Chicken and Dumplings at the Cracker Barrel. I pulled the manager aside and let him know what the problem was. I did not try to lead a walk-out/boycott of the location due to my issues. There is a proper way of handling things. there is also a way to sound like a child screaming because they what their ice cream before dinner.

The developers would never answer to the ability delay problem if there weren't people that worked for them to prove it. And imagine if these people where dishearten by fanboys that went on harassing the OP back then... And your example once more is not appropriate. Gaming companies would never change something if you 'take them away and tell them so". Pressure is needed and history shows that from other games as well.

If they respected their customers, people would not have to come in their forum and complain. At least for such fundamental problems. Of course there are people that complain just to complain. And of course there are people that tries to discredit valid concerns with no reason. We are talking about the mature people here.

Example is poor but the official forum is not "hanging around in front". People use the official forums to complain, suggest etc. And of course if you liked the meal you do not go and harass people that might be "in front and tell incoming customers...", right? You are satisfied and you go home. You do not become the bouncer.

Lol, not being a bouncer, just wondering why they didn't just talk to the manager and let the other customers have a good evening? See what I am getting at? Let them know, in a reasonable manner, what your issues are, and possibly any solutions you may have for them, then move on. they have already acknowledged every issue on the forums, and now I'm seeing the "I'm unsubbing, who's with me?" How does that help at all? BioWare/EA can see the sub numbers and know where the problems are.

And if BW did not rush to release this there wouldn't be some many issues. I know this is the only window they had since wow is getting people tired, Diablo 3 is not released yet and same for GW2. The real rest for this game is what will happen when wow realeases new content or expansion or when diablo3 comes. And only good quality games can survive in this. If they keep it that way they will not survive.

Because WoW's forum is the same

EVERY MMO's forum is the same. TOR is nothing new. Not at all. It just has the distinction of being the "new big MMO", which means it invariably has jaded WOW and Rift players looking for the next bigger better deal. When they realize that TOR isn't WOW with Lightsabers and the better part of a decade's worth of hard work and polishing, they cry and whine and throw little tantrums while threatening to cancel their sub.

Yeah, TOR has a lot of early adopters. It's been hyping since '08, and a lot of WOW players are looking for WOW2.0. And this does mean that there will be a certain amount of players leaving after the 30 day period. The game will go on. Life will go on! What we're seeing here is no different for any major MMO. Trust me, I've seen a ton of them. THAT's why I don't bother myself with all the "QQ" nonsense on these forums. Been there, seen that, done that. TOR will go on.

And if BW did not rush to release blah blah blah BLAH

ps. Every new MMO's forum is filled with people who claim the game was "rushed". Doesn't make it true. I'd say the only legitimate exceptions would be FFXIV and Mortal Online. TOR is doing just fine in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by OsarionRDM

Because WoW's forum is the same, if not worse and it's been this way for 6 years now. And we all know how well the game is doing despite all the QQ you read every single day.

The day you stop reading "this game is a fail" threads on the general forums, that's when you should start to worry.

This isn't to say that those complaining have no reasons too. They do. But even when BW will fix all those issues (and they will), people will find something else to complain about.

Because that's what general forums are all about. Complaining.

With all the expectation this game's IP has generated, it's only natural that this section becomes a crying festival.

With that being said, i do have my share of complains about this game. While some of them are major issues, i don't believe that these will break the game on the long run.

The starwars IP will buy BW some time to adress some of these core issues, and the game still has alot of potential.

With my free month coming to an end, i think i won't take the escape pod just yet.

I will quit reading threads from this section of the forums however, as i did with wow forums (Best thing i did, really). Though reading things like "this game is the worst MMO ever made" can be rather funny as this title goes to FFXIV :)

See ya all

Wrong act up on WoW forums you get banned.

The developers would never answer to the ability delay problem if there weren't people that worked for them to prove it. And imagine if these people where dishearten by fanboys that went on harassing the OP back then... And your example once more is not appropriate. Gaming companies would never change something if you 'take them away and tell them so". Pressure is needed and history shows that from other games as well.

If they respected their customers, people would not have to come in their forum and complain. At least for such fundamental problems. Of course there are people that complain just to complain. And of course there are people that tries to discredit valid concerns with no reason. We are talking about the mature people here.

It's not the mature people I am talking about. They are stating their problems in a clear and constructive manner. That is a good thing. I am talking about the people "Standing in front of the restaraunt" doing nothing constructive besides disrupting the pleasant times being had by others.

Edited by Tygranir

To compare the community of WoW and SWTOR is short sighted, sure there is much complaining also on the WoW forums, but many players play that game already for years and always return to that game, SWTOR has not proven itself and people who leave SWTOR might never return.

And the complaining on the forums is a good thing, it shows the devs that there is much room for improvement. The truly disappointed players just leave without telling what made them leaving. So every complain is useful!