Blade rush still broke

Obi-Rev

31 points into an ability that has a massive flaw in firing delay, stutter animation, and "out of range" crap when you're pretty much face to face.. I love the combat tree, but something is still very wrong with the scaling of damage that can be done. As focus I pull 280k-320k end of match, dps=330 and highest hit 4100 damage done in WZ's.

Now as combat dps=180-230 180k end of match and highest hit 2900 (blade storm)

So whats the issue, is it just me or is it not only does the combat tree lack big time with the damage as to where blade rush animation stutter and damage output in pvp falls way behind compared to a sorc or bh that 1 button spams for 3k a pop.

I know how to play the class and I know how to play combat and focus specs, I have not tried watchman...always hear its best for PVE not PVP.

BW said they were going to fix firing delay, and I have only noticed it with masters strike...nothing else. I normally run 40-50fps and 93ms so im not lagging.

I would think that in a war zone you would do more damage specced into Focus as that is the pvp tree. Sure Watchman and Combat have some nice things as well but Focus is the main tree for pvp.

Watchman works just as great as Focus for PvP. If you are queueing solo Watchman severely out-does Focus any day of the week.

If you think Watchman is PvE you are wrong. I have played all three specs. And watchman kills people fast.

Combat is decent, the roots are nice, but overall damage is indeed lacking in this tree and needs improvement.

Focus has probably the best burst with the sweep bombs and overall the tree is solid, though i still believe that zealous leap should be increased to 20m.

Watchman i have zero complaints about. Only slightly less burst than the focus tree but made up for by self heals and consistent high damage. When you have overload saber and cauterize both on a target they are losing 700-1000 hp a second, all the while hitting them with merc slash for 3.6k and spamming slash for 1.6k hits, every classes health bar drops and drops fast.

What Combat lacks is player skill on an individual level, and on a team level. On tight assist trains it will deal the most damage, not because it has the highest crits or the most aoe, but because it's the most front loaded of any tree. Edited by Notensack

If you think Watchman is PvE you are wrong. I have played all three specs. And watchman kills people fast.

Combat is decent, the roots are nice, but overall damage is indeed lacking in this tree and needs improvement.

Focus has probably the best burst with the sweep bombs and overall the tree is solid, though i still believe that zealous leap should be increased to 20m.

Watchman i have zero complaints about. Only slightly less burst than the focus tree but made up for by self heals and consistent high damage. When you have overload saber and cauterize both on a target they are losing 700-1000 hp a second, all the while hitting them with merc slash for 3.6k and spamming slash for 1.6k hits, every classes health bar drops and drops fast.

uhh.. that damage seems a bit over exaggerated.. unless you're stacked with expertise and beating down on low levels.. my merc slash barely hits over 2.6k and dots don't hit anywhere near 1000 hp a second.

I'm full champ gear, and those are crits but thats not with stacking. As for the dots, thats combined dmg of both your dots.

And i have played with many good sentinels...its not player skill, combat tree is weaker damage. Assist trains with watchman or focus is more effective.

Edited by KilllerRock