Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

People doing this should be banned on sight

Vandarix

humans also have free will too, you can easily say "no I wont exploit" an do the right thing.... it is ALWAYS your fault when you do wrong, without a single doubt. If I leave my car keys in the ignition an you steal the car overnight, it is YOUR FAULT..... :)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

humans also have free will too, you can easily say "no I wont exploit" an do the right thing.... it is ALWAYS your fault when you do wrong, without a single doubt. If I leave my car keys in the ignition an you steal the car overnight, it is YOUR FAULT..... :)

The insurance company will just laugh in your face however. Good luck getting compensated for that.

In other words, it doesn't matter whos fault it is... all that matters is what is the most effective way of fixing this? Either banning people or giving Illum a better PvP system. I think its the latter.

Edited by DarthDartheous

My fault I have a new car and you don't have anything? Sounds like a win to me.

The insurance company will just laugh in your face however. Good luck getting compensated for that.

In other words, it doesn't matter whos fault it is... all that matters is what is the most effective way of fixing this? Either banning people or giving Illum a better PvP system. I think its the latter.

Banning people would just mean more people quit. People will always try to exploit it, too. Fixing it would be a better option.

Agreed they should be rolled back and their battlemaster should be converted to champ for pulling lame exploits. Can't wait til some form of competitive rated content comes out so this kind if stuff is shown to be more pathetic than it already is. Although I'm sure that same group of bads will probably find a way to win trade, damn mmo communities have turned to crap.

haha, so out of touch with reality.

Its not hard all a dev has to do is watch the video write down the names/guild names..and delete every character under those names/guilds.......

Don't ban them just have them log in to a short message---->"You're characters have been deleted....you know why"

Simple.:)

Its not hard all a dev has to do is watch the video write down the names/guild names..and delete every character under those names/guilds.......

Don't ban them just have them log in to a short message---->"You're characters have been deleted....you know why"

Simple.:)

You do realize the objective is to try to be able to compete in the MMO market, right? Leaving simple exploits lying around and simply banning anyone who does it (You have to be max level to do it, too, so chances of someone quitting over that are exponentially higher) isn't going to gain them any subs, that's for sure...

Also, deleting every character in a guild? Because a few people from it were exploiting? Really? Really?

If you people were running this game it'd be dead before it's first anniversary.

No my father just taught me to do right thing, an always take responsibility for my actions, I understand that's a foreign concept in today's generation, but it works.

Take responsibility for leaving your car keys in your car instead of trying to say the guy who stole your car is the one at fault, then.

Oh snap, logic...

No my father just taught me to do right thing, an always take responsibility for my actions, I understand that's a foreign concept in today's generation, but it works.

Well you certainly seem eager to not place any blame on the poorly designed pvp. Sorry this generation isn't so accepting of crap.

Well you certainly seem eager to not place any blame on the poorly designed pvp. Sorry this generation isn't so accepting of crap.

thats because they are fixing it, what they are not doing is punishing the teenage little fools who got their jollys making others lives a misery, an exploiting what they new was wrong.

thats because they are fixing it, what they are not doing is punishing the teenage little fools who got their jollys making others lives a misery, an exploiting what they new was wrong.

Yep, they gotta fix their original fix, I gotta lot faith now.

Sounds like the spawncamping made you a bit bitter. So why would you so quickly forgive developers for such a poor design? It's devs that made the spawn camping possible, you can't expect players not to do something in game. (not that people that farmed so much valor through spawn camping should keep it either)

Even with the way it's working now it's an annoying daily, no one I've talked to is thrilled about farming for 30 kills with the way this game's engine handles bigger pvp battles. Their warzones in 8 on 8 battles aren't even working the way they should.

Don't blame players for a poorly design system.

Name one, and I mean ONE game where people DON'T exploit anything they get the chance to.

I'm not responsible if your head explodes.

Case in point- exploiting players are to be expected. Bioware should have made it harder to exploit.

Or they could have made it an area designed for fun. But I guess we can't have that, now can we?

So, if you are BioWare and you have to ban someone, who would you want playing your game more: the exploiting player, who is running off many other players with his cheating, or the players who do not disrupt and ruin other player's fun? Edited by Clege

I'm stealing this quote from a closed thread b/c its highly important and from one of the videos with Gabe.

Now philosophically when you've got open world PvP and you've got an objective and you've got like 200 people vs 100 people like and they're going at it whos gonna win? The 200, so we've been really careful in designing our open world PvP....

- Gabe Amatangelo

So, I was considering riding out the Tortanic for another month but seeing how they've handled 1.1 patch so far and Gabes lack of ability to accept blame and inability to communicate properly with the community Rift is looking so good right now and it's free to return.. They were so watching when 1.1 hit.

When they fire Gabe and figure their %$#% out i'll considering giving the game a 2nd look.

You know why you were called that, and you know calling for someones job because you aren't happy with a videogame is wrong.

Don't sit there and play the victim card when you were 100% in the wrong and you just got caught. I am glad BW responded to me flagging that thread.

To the OP I really hope they fix that man because doesn't seem like fun on either side.

well tbh his faulty system is freaking awful

Careful what you say around here. I expressed that view quite openly earlier and I was called pathetic, scum, and told that I was a sad person. I got warned because apparently calling for someone who messed up to be fired is bad, but insulting another player for it outright in the forums is legit.

You are pathetic sad scum for wanting someone fired just because you are bad at pvp. Grow up

I have a right to my opinion as do you. I've gotten a warning already for it and I honestly could give a &%$^ about it. I told them to fire him in beta and have been telling them ever since.. Its okay though he is the reason this games pvp fails.

Maybe you are just really bad at pvp and refuse to take responsibility for it. I would wish you be fired if you had a job

Its in almost every MMO that has open world pvp with rewards.. In War, DAOC, and Aion people were severely punished for it in Aion there was a lot of QQ over people receiving perma Bans for it.. TOR should be no different.

Punish them and make an example.

why not like they using a hack or a bot.

its perfect game mechanic

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.