How much impact on subscriptions did 1.1 have?

drbeat

Based on looking at SWTOR Arena server statistics so far today the answer is ... none. Zero impact. Nothing. Nadda. Zilch.

All of the freaking out and cancel posts on the eve of the preorder subscriptions expiring was a lot of noise and hot air. The percent decrease in instantaneous server population from the last day of the free 30 days to today is approximately: 0.0%.

I wasn't sure about it before, but now I'm convinced. As amusing as it is to read and laugh at and participate in, the wild commentary on these forums is utterly irrelevant.

Based on looking at SWTOR Arena server statistics so far today the answer is ... none. Zero impact. Nothing. Nadda. Zilch.

All of the freaking out and cancel posts on the eve of the preorder subscriptions expiring was a lot of noise and hot air. The percent decrease in instantaneous server population from the last day of the free 30 days to today is approximately: 0.0%.

I wasn't sure about it before, but now I'm convinced. As amusing as it is to read and laugh at and participate in, the wild commentary on these forums is utterly irrelevant.

5-10 people whining and threatening to quit/unsub on the forums is pretty much it.

Ah well, then today it is the end of the first free month. Anyways dont care will see what happens in the comming month (february). If before 1.2 hits not all major bugs are fixed i will simply not come back. If they make a good effort sure, will give it another try.

Got 10-15 days left to hopefully complete some stuff before i take the break (didnt buy it at release)

Edited by Aenoria

0.0% really? thats odd, i for one havent resubbed.

Ah well then it was today true.. ah well dont care we will see what happens, i dont mind i will let the comming 10/15 days dont even know of this still run. And will come back in march for 1.2 and hope to see almost all major bugs fixed.

Could you take your foot out of your mouth, please? I didn't quite hear what you said...

Why would people not be exploiting the bug when literally everyone else is?

There's being the all-holy 'White Knight' and then there's just being plain ignorant of your surroundings and situations. Anyone who isn't 50, hell even in their 40s should be going out there and farming this absolutely ludicrous ****-up.

Anyone who releases **** like this for their game as an update must be out of their minds.

My billing history states that it will reup 1.21.2012. You forget that they gave us a two day grace period...

Also, I don't understand why people think light, standard, heavy is a direct representation of numbers. For all we know light is 1-1000, standard is 1001-6000 and heavy is 6001-up. Or limits could be less than that. You just don't know.

Not trying to argue here, but unless you have insider information as to how many accounts will be billed in the next couple of days, and how many have unsubbed across the whole month, then you really can't say how much of an impact 1.1 has had yet.

I unsubbed.

But I thank the fanboys for continuing to pay to beta test this game.

Bioware might have fooled me once, but they won't fool me twice. We will see if the servers are going to be hit as bad as some say.

Either way, I don't want anyone to lose their jobs at Bioware cause I'm sure it was ea telling them to release.

I unsubbed.

But I thank the fanboys for continuing to pay to beta test this game.

Bioware might have fooled me once, but they won't fool me twice. We will see if the servers are going to be hit as bad as some say.

Either way, I don't want anyone to lose their jobs at Bioware cause I'm sure it was ea telling them to release.

If you unsubbed then technically they haven't fooled you once on a subscription fee :D

if you think only 5-10 people will quit swtor because it's unfinshed and has many flaws then you are living in a second life, come back to reality son.

http://beta.xfire.com/games/swtor o look, a decrease

I don't see what SWTOR would have that I couldn't get better from somewhere else.

There are games there, even MMO, that have more friendlier customer support, are more finished, have more content and have lot better relations to their customers overall.

I like the stories. There is potential here. But overall impressions I get from this product is that not only its unfinished its also run by people who don't grasp what they are running.

SWTOR looks very much like WAR. Only different is that probably have bit better chance to keep itself afloat because George Lucas brand is on it. If basic things like ability delays aren't fixed and nothing is done to faction imbalance this game will have same fate as WAR.

Main thing is the customer satisfaction. At start people are happy when they get new content. After a while they start to notice flaws and more there are less happy people will be.

This game lacks right now content and some basics things don't work. I don't see why many people would beta test such products for long time.

You do know tomorrow is the last day from the free subscription for people who started the first day .

Yeah like people that plan on canceling and don't plan on playing it WILL PLAY IT TILL THE LAST POSSIBLE SECOND.

Sounds plausible.

Could you take your foot out of your mouth, please? I didn't quite hear what you said...

Is what happens when you cba to reread it like i always do on :sy_star: MMOC :sy_star:

Ah well, then today it is the end of the first free month. Anyways dont care will see what happens in the comming month (february). If before 1.2 hits not all major bugs are fixed i will simply not come back. If they make a good effort sure, will give it another try.

Got 10-15 days left to hopefully complete some stuff before i take the break (didnt buy it at release)

Well if you want to look at server status, all servers were full on launch day AFTER they raised the pop cap. Now every server is standard or barely heavy (besides maybe 5-6), and people continue to just stop logging in, even if their still subscribed. If 30+ people quit from every server, it wouldnt change the server status, yet it would still be a large number of people. The vast majority of people just quit without telling anyone besides RL friends, so there is no indication of how many actually did.

But seriously, its not the patch, the game is just garbage and people know it. Im keep logging into forums hoping to see ANY progress with major problems, but if bioware just denies anyhing is wrong, ill quit like most of my guild.

Yeah like people that plan on canceling and don't plan on playing it WILL PLAY IT TILL THE LAST POSSIBLE SECOND.

Sounds plausible.

This^ x10.

Mind you, it's apparently not stopped them posting on the forums right up to the moment their sub runs out, so who knows? We're not dealing with rational people here.

I don't see what SWTOR would have that I couldn't get better from somewhere else.

There are games there, even MMO, that have more friendlier customer support, are more finished, have more content and have lot better relations to their customers overall.

I like the stories. There is potential here. But overall impressions I get from this product is that not only its unfinished its also run by people who don't grasp what they are running.

SWTOR looks very much like WAR. Only different is that probably have bit better chance to keep itself afloat because George Lucas brand is on it. If basic things like ability delays aren't fixed and nothing is done to faction imbalance this game will have same fate as WAR.

Main thing is the customer satisfaction. At start people are happy when they get new content. After a while they start to notice flaws and more there are less happy people will be.

This game lacks right now content and some basics things don't work. I don't see why many people would beta test such products for long time.

I agree for the most part. Look at all the other MMOs and F2Ps. People that say give it time and stuff don't understand the market has changed drastically since 2004. MMOs are not niche anymore.

There are fundamental UI and Group features that are needed in today's crop. Not releasing with that content just shows flaws in design.

This^ x10.

Mind you, it's apparently not stopped them posting on the forums right up to the moment their sub runs out, so who knows? We're not dealing with rational people here.

Why would it, the forums are more entertaining and fun then the game. Might as well get your monies worth somehow.

Well if you want to look at server status, all servers were full on launch day AFTER they raised the pop cap. Now every server is standard or barely heavy (besides maybe 5-6), and people continue to just stop logging in, even if their still subscribed. If 30+ people quit from every server, it wouldnt change the server status, yet it would still be a large number of people. The vast majority of people just quit without telling anyone besides RL friends, so there is no indication of how many actually did.

But seriously, its not the patch, the game is just garbage and people know it. Im keep logging into forums hoping to see ANY progress with major problems, but if bioware just denies anyhing is wrong, ill quit like most of my guild.

They didn't just raise the pop caps on launch day, there were steadily increasing the caps over the course of the next week or so. Increasing pop caps is a gradual process, you don't just put it to it's max in a single day, you do it bit by bit, particularly when you have a load of other servers that you are trying to guide people towards.