The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

HEY GUESS WHAT! Nothing was fixed Attached Screenshot

RoughRaptors

I'll take getting camped by 100 imps over Republic players complaining that I interrupt their hand-holding sessions while they swap points with the imps any day.

At least now, my faction appreciates me for fighting back.

You want balance, fight back.

Don't pity the Republic players, pity the imps. There's nothing they can do to find a challenging fight in Ilum.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But they can entice us. War they had an RR and exp boost

Sure, they could add some incentive... but there's a thin line to be drawn on how to make that work successfully. There's enough QQ for just about everything right now. There's no doubt that any proposed incentive to one faction will produce even greater QQ'ing.

Just quit going to ilum and feeding the zerglings, if everyone did that then it would be the imps here ************ about ilum and bioware would probably listen.

If youre here ************ about all the twilight tweens who over populated the empire and made ilum unplayable and you still go to ilum, youre an idiot.

I'll take getting camped by 100 imps over Republic players complaining that I interrupt their hand-holding sessions while they swap points with the imps any day.

Don't pity the Republic players, pity the imps. There's nothing they can do to find a challenging fight in Ilum.

I <3 you.

What did you expect? This is open world pvp. I suspect most people asking for open world pvp to be viable had no idea what open pvp is.

This is what is. This does not surprise anyone who has played open pvp before

Well said.

Its amusing to me that people cried on the forums for a focus on open world PvP and then find themselves unhappy with the result. Now that the spawn camping has been fixed, Ilum is pretty much the definition of open world PvP. Even in a FFA game there would be massive guilds that wtfpwnt people who showed up. I am impressed (deeply impressed) that BW still considers this an issue and is trying to balance something that is 100% player created (faction imbalance).

Open World PvP zones are not meant for you to solo around. It is possible, but expect from time to time to run into a zerg.

This is NOT world pvp. World pvp would be putting a cap on the number of empire and republic players who can be in the zone at the same time giving equal numbers. Ilum is full right now with 30 republic players and probably 70 empire (assuming the cap is 100). World pvp is something FUN it is NOT being zergged down by a 2+:1 ratio at 5 fps.

Wait... says who? What examples do you have of this perfect version of world PVP, because what you are describing is just a big "battleground/warzone/etc"

There's only so much they can do about the faction balance issue.

On HoG - typically 100-120 Republic players at any given moment on the Republic fleet. Whenever I log over to my Imperial alt - 200-250.

Suck it up, play Republic and adapt to overcome. Or, switch sides and run with Team Easy Valor.

This is false, and a cop out. There are ABSOLUTELY ways to fix faction imbalance, the first being ratio-contolled Ilum instances. This wouldn't be very difficult to implement, and would - gasp - encourage people to ROLL CHARACTERS ON THE LESS POPULATED SIDE RATHER THAN THE MORE POPULATED SIDE!

The second possible fix, if this is too hard, is a population-based buff to allow republic players to take on more sith at a time.

If things stay the way they are now, your "adapt or give up" attitude will lead to exactly that: giving up. There is no "adapting" to Imperials camping both sides of your base. There is no "adapting" to 3:1 faction imbalances on Ilum. There is no adapting to the simple fact that Bioware has, with the recent changes to Ilum, made joining the more populous faction MORE attractive, rather than less. That's bad modeling, and it's bad business, and if it isn't fixed, I won't swap to empire - I simply won't renew.

This is NOT world pvp. World pvp would be putting a cap on the number of empire and republic players who can be in the zone at the same time giving equal numbers. Ilum is full right now with 30 republic players and probably 70 empire (assuming the cap is 100). World pvp is something FUN it is NOT being zergged down by a 2+:1 ratio at 5 fps.

You just described instanced pvp i.e. warzones.

open world pvp has no rules. That's kind of what makes it open

A+ for this post.

If you demand a fair fight, there are warzones and there will be more warzones. I am sure that the game's designers realize that's what most people want despite what they claim. Hopefully zones like Ilum are allowed to stick around for those who know what world PvP is and enjoy it. If anything maybe rewards should be toned down so those who enjoy warzones don't feel "obligated" to go.

Why play Empire or Republic?

I'm going to be rerolling as New Conglomerate in Planetside 2. If you're serious about PvP you should look into that. After what BioWare has done with SWTOR, I think it's fair to give SOE another chance.

jackhammernoob!!!

Barney4ever!!!

Shazbot!

Just quit going to ilum and feeding the zerglings, if everyone did that then it would be the imps here ************ about ilum and bioware would probably listen.

If youre here ************ about all the twilight tweens who over populated the empire and made ilum unplayable and you still go to ilum, youre an idiot.

I don't know which makes me sadder, your stereotyping of people who play Empire or your assumption that Republic players have to be told not to get farmed in Ilum every day.

They'll figure that part out pretty quickly by themselves, you know.

Most who say they want world pvp actually don't lol. They just want to gank people. This IS open world pvp, you just happen to be the ganked. Just stay in warzones since that is what you actually want. Or arenas, there you would get your fair deathmatch gameplay but we couldn't have that could we. Not arenas oh no.

You mean open world pvp isn't perfectly fair?! Say it isn't so!

/sarcasm

If you want reasonably fair, that's what the instanced warzones are for. Don't be idiotic and expect fairness in something that in inherently designed to allow the more populous side to have an advantage.

Take the bike north, and kill the singles running to the zerg.

If they are not killing you ON THE REZ PAD, you have options.

Yeah. I'm surprised more Reps havent thought of this instead of running into a wall of Imps and QQing.

For all you people saying Ilum is Open World PvP, I'm sorry, but it isn't. It is essentially a non-player capped Warzone. It forces the smaller faction to fight against the larger faction in certain areas, ensuring that the smaller faction cannot use guerrilla tactics to their advantage. Additionally, the zone SHOWS YOU where enemy players are if they happen to sneak by you.

Open up World PvP to actually exist in the World in multiple locations so the larger faction cannot just zerg a single rez pad.

Hey Bioware guess what you did by making it so they couldn't spawn camp us in our base? The exact thing that I said would happen, they are now simply camping us...OUTSIDE OF OUR BASE! On both sides, there are probably ~20-30 imperials sitting at the central outpost as well preventing any republic from collecting armaments. Good job on the "fix". More of a reason to not pay you on the 21st.

The 5-10 fps also doesn't help at all.

http://imageshack.us/f/594/screenshot2012011915110.jpg/

Are you being killed the second you respawn, preventing you from escaping the whole sorry mess?

No? That's actually an improvement from yesterday. You can see the zerg, know that Ilum is dominated by the other faction, and bug out. Or feed the zerg like a fool. World PvP means a predator-prey relationship, and right now on your server the Republic players are an endangered, tasty species.

I applaud the Republic players I heard about today, who apparently decided it'd be more fun to have a dance party in the base while the Imperial zerglings gnashed their teeth hoping for a corpse to dine on just watched. Rise of the Rakghouls indeed...

Yeah. I'm surprised more Reps havent thought of this instead of running into a wall of Imps and QQing.

Well, there is a quest in this game requiring 30 "easter eggs" or kills. Amazingly enough, both of those must happen at a conflict area. (Namely, the bases, north, south, or central). You can kill random people while they travel; but amazingly enough, it doesn't count for your quest. So, they can go to the center to get ganked horribly but may get a stupid armament. Alternatively, they can look at the other areas. However, those just have an imp zerg group (as seen here). End result? They have the option to die a lot or leave. They sure aren't going to get the quest done by leaving. So, they sit by the gate and swap kills using ranged attacks and pulls.

Actually that's exactly what it is. World PvP has always been zerg like. What you are describing is instanced PvP like alterac valley. I said a thousand times this is what would happen if world PvP were made in this game and no one wanted to hear it. It was like this at tarren mill and south shore, crossroads and everywhere else before someone goes of referencing those. Welcome to world PvP kids. Stop asking for it if you don't like it, I swear most people asking for world PvP never even played a game with it.