Writing this while tabbed out of Ilum...

Arnathis

My faction (imps) are currently stacked outside the republic base just out of reach of the cannons farming our 30 kills. I've been here for an hour now, I'm 15/30. As a melee I can't do anything but sit here and wait for someone to pull a pub out to me, which only happens every 3-5 minutes when a stupid pub gets a little too close. This isn't fun, this isn't pvp. I'm not even a big pvp'er but this system has me raging internally.

I've given Bioware the benefit of the doubt in so many other instances but this one has me mad. The blatant incompetence of the dev team on this one aspect of the game has me seriously questioning if I trust them with the game moving forward. Who couldn't see this coming? How did the original system make it through testing? How did it even make it into testing? How were the changes made in the last day or two ever going to change anything?

Obviously the devs were aware of the glaring faction imbalance that currently exists in the game. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on that one and say that may have been something tough to foresee, at least at this magnitude. But how in the world do you make these changes and expect anything to be diffrerent? None of them were ever going to even out the imbalance between factions. Or did they know this and decide it wasn't worth shutting ilum down for an extended period of time till they could fix it? If that's the case I think that's a bad move, it just makes them look like baffoons with no clue as to what they're doing.

I realize the game has to have it's own uniqueness to it and that you don't want to just take the good parts from other games and copy + paste them, but there's also a reason that those good aspects of other games are considered good. The only way I see Ilum ever being balanced and fun is if it's instanced and becomes something you queue for that goes off once an hour or so. Also, both factions would be let in on a 1:1 ratio so as to keep things balanced as much as possible. There would be times that imperials struggled to get in because of a lack of republics queuing, but to make this tolerable you drop the daily ilum quest and just go with a weekly "win" quest where all you had to do was win it for your faction. This is similar to the way tol barad is in WOW, which turned out to be a pretty good setup. If you want to get fancy you add in an extra benefit to your faction controlling it, such as a 10% increase in valor points from warzones and world pvp for that hour...there's plenty of options.

Honestly guys, get it together, this is amateurish.

Holy ****, just do everyone a favor and switch to republic side, it sucks for us republic too since we cant do the damn dailys or leave the base without getting insta killed by mass hordes of imps. The population balance on The Fatman is like 4 : 1.

It's because this is the easy way for RANGED clases to get their kills and rack up Valor, so they stay there and bottle up the Republic there. Melee classes are kinda stuck feeding off scraps.

But that's beside the point. The whole design is simply a mess. The system should NEVER be designed in a way where the players feel like they should resort to this sort of behavior. If something drastic is not done, Ilum will be completely dead. So much for the much-vaunted level 50 planet then.

this is called world pvp. they have something for players who want a skilled, somewhat level playing field, that is called Warzones. World pvp is nothing but a zerg-fest in any game.

People act as if being clever will somehow overturn 3 to 1 or worse advantages. Even if all the Republics took a taxi at the same time to attack somewhere else, since the Taxi si a one way trip (it takes you to a high elevation area that you can't get back up), and there is a convenient warning that lets you know any time any enemy is near any objective, they'd just get picked off in the field against the same odds. Actually it'd be worse because now they won't have a cannon to retreat to. Being camped at your base means occasionally you can still grapple someone into your cannon so you get a kill (maybe). If you fight 3 to 1 odds out in the open, you pretty much have no shot at killing anybody.

AGREE COMPLETELY. Ignore all these rupubs asking for a free pass out of their base. I've tried that.... THey come out 10 minutes later zerg one guy, then you chase them all back into their base. They dont want to fight. And EVEN if they did, they are outnumbered they cant win. SOOO SOOO fing stupid. Took me 2 hours to get 15 kills yesterday, then another 30 minutes to collect armaments. Bring back tea party trading please! At least i was getting to befriend some repubs whom i had good warzones games with. We'd give eachother gg's and chat about the epic warzone we had. Now its like , ZOMG A REPUBLIC KILL IT QUICK BEFORE IT RUNS AWAY.

Like honestly. New age mmo....This is world pvp? REALLY???.....

- Make illum battle happen every 2-3 hours, 100 player limit on each side, you can q 15 minutes prior to it. Like wow did with wintergrasp and that new one (cant remember what its called).

- Design a perk for owning illum, after your done your dailies why would people stay....no *********** reason (esp if you are over 60 valor).

my experience in Ilum yesterday. The grey dead names are people who are AFK guarding the casters.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk262/Ngamok/SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-01-18_21_47_13_826007.jpg

Server: The Fatman

I am not really complaining because we went Republic knowing we will be outnumbered. But pretty much this is what it's going to be from now on till something changes. Little extreme don't you think? Oh, this was around 8pm EST.