Coming Up in STAR WARS: The Old Republic

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for what I wanna see as a player, I want to see more solo story content developed for the future. I hate to be forced to group and I love this game cause you can solo so much. I see plans for alot of group content and aside from legacy nothing for people like me who can't devote 3 hours to a group in one sitting.

Please keep up the great stories!

New playable races like the togruta, zeltron, Chagrian, and Cathar wouldn't hurt my feelings either.

me too - being a Dad with 2 small kids and work and stuff and RL I cannot commit the time to grouping a lot due to things in RL....

so BW - like a LOT OF PEOPLE who play MMOs BTW - I play mostly in solo mode....

the fact that once I hit lvl20 in any class I find that I have trouble doing the elites solo is a real pain. I need to be 2 levels higher to do a lvl20-30 elite/boss...

this would not be a problem if there was enough solo content that I could just go away and solo more and then come back 2 lvls higher and nail that sucker....

but I CAN'T because there is not enough stuff to solo to get me there...:(

either give us the content to make us strong enough or make the lvl20+ npc elite/boss easier so that I don't have to be 2 lvls higher to kill it....

It starts to get bad on Tatooine and gets REALLY annoying from Alderaan onwards.

:mad:

kind of a feedback loop - you hit a dead end and cannot advance except by mindless PvP (which a lot of us hate in any game) or grinding mobs (same feeling)...

if I see the 'you need to complete more missions' blocker in red again I think I might start screaming LOL....:D

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MORE SOLO CONTENT.....more mission paths/quest lines for solos....even if it is just go kill 45 of X plus the boss and gather 12 y's....they stack and help you go up....

not everyone can commit to groups easily - I, for example get pulled away regularly in the middle of something due to RL FAMILY etc.....

not a problem in solo - you can dump your char somewhere safe and logout and then in again....

but it is a MAJOR prob for a group in he middle of a heroic.....

the mission/quest density for solo is barely OK up to 20 (and there is more for republic than sith right now for sure) but after 20 it is WAY too thin....

til then will put all 8 chars to 25 and wait I guess

I love this game and it has been worth waiting for, but am feeling a little let down - but will stick with it for now - thanks for doing a great job so far BW but there is still a LONG way to go I think

me too - being a Dad with 2 small kids and work and stuff and RL I cannot commit the time to grouping a lot due to things in RL....

so BW - like a LOT OF PEOPLE who play MMOs BTW - I play mostly in solo mode....

the fact that once I hit lvl20 in any class I find that I have trouble doing the elites solo is a real pain. I need to be 2 levels higher to do a lvl20-30 elite/boss...

this would not be a problem if there was enough solo content that I could just go away and solo more and then come back 2 lvls higher and nail that sucker....

but I CAN'T because there is not enough stuff to solo to get me there...:(

either give us the content to make us strong enough or make the lvl20+ npc elite/boss easier so that I don't have to be 2 lvls higher to kill it....

It starts to get bad on Tatooine and gets REALLY annoying from Alderaan onwards.

:mad:

kind of a feedback loop - you hit a dead end and cannot advance except by mindless PvP (which a lot of us hate in any game) or grinding mobs (same feeling)...

if I see the 'you need to complete more missions' blocker in red again I think I might start screaming LOL....:D

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MORE SOLO CONTENT.....more mission paths/quest lines for solos....even if it is just go kill 45 of X plus the boss and gather 12 y's....they stack and help you go up....

not everyone can commit to groups easily - I, for example get pulled away regularly in the middle of something due to RL FAMILY etc.....

not a problem in solo - you can dump your char somewhere safe and logout and then in again....

but it is a MAJOR prob for a group in he middle of a heroic.....

the mission/quest density for solo is barely OK up to 20 (and there is more for republic than sith right now for sure) but after 20 it is WAY too thin....

til then will put all 8 chars to 25 and wait I guess

I love this game and it has been worth waiting for, but am feeling a little let down - but will stick with it for now - thanks for doing a great job so far BW but there is still a LONG way to go I think

I think maybe you should be playing games like Dark Souls or Skyrim. This miiight not be the best game for you.

Edited by blikkONE

Can't believe I have to tell over 9000 times already BUT they got 7 years to develope, 1.5 Years in BETA to add features. And you would tell me they can't implement guild bank?

Exactly, they knew at least a year in beta that people would want guild banks and ui customization at release, among other things. They can't tell me after 7 years of working on the game, and ALL THE "POLISH", they can't even get the basic features that are wanted in an mmo, and they can't give me that crap, this is a new game. Rift was a new game and had a crapton more features that people would want ingame, can anyone say dye system? Yah, Rift was a WoW clone but it was a better WoW clone than SWTOR, at least I didn't have to run around looking like a clown since they had dyes. BW couldn't even get it right so that they could just make one piece match the rest. Don't even get me started on the GTN, and all the problems with it, which they knew about in beta, but didn't improve on it.

The more I play the game the more I see how terrible and amateur BW are with their first attempt at an mmo.

Edited by Tiam

Towards the end of the video, the individual speaking said that they always listen to the community because the game is for the community.

New content is all well and good, however I believe I am not alone (in fact far from it) when I say that the community would like the ability to enjoy the current content. We can't do that when our fps is as big as a problem as it is now.

There have been thousands of posts referring to unplayable frames per second and the issue of the engine used to run this game. This is what I would like to see added to the game - a fix to where the majority of the gaming community subscribing to play so we can actually play effectively.

Please don't write the communities cries for a fix off as a situation in which most of us are simply running lower - end hardware. Most of us came from another MMO, in which there were no issues like this on our machines.

I'm pleading with you to listen and acknowledge this. I cannot enjoy the content now with this issue going on, so all the work and thought that goes into any new content fails to reach my priority list. Again, I know that I am not alone on this. I also know that those of us who share this sentiment are not a small and isolated group. We are a significant population of your paying subscribers. I would also suggest that many of us are probably wondering if a continued subscription is the best option for us given the situation.

Please address this, I love this game as many of those in the same situation do. We want to play, but we can't - at least not in the capacity that makes playing worth our effort. I (we) do not want to see this game fail. I for one, cannot continue to pay for a game I cannot fully enjoy where the reason is on the part of the engine and not my hardware.

First of all, no one seems to know what a Legacy System is.

I don't play half of the Flashpoints anyway.

Warzones? No thanks.

I don't need some teenage punk teabagging me because his mother didn't love him.

My God, man, did you even read the rest of my post?

Why are you playing an MMO?

Also mother loved me growing up... I t-bag you because I just made you my B

something i would like to see in the updates to come (if it is not here already) is a way to drop the UI when you take screen shots. if there is already a way to do it, please let me know haha, every screen shot i take has my menus and all the stuff up on it. i would like to get some nice uncluttered screen shots. hmmmm all in all thats really my main concern that i can think of right now. i have really been enjoying the game and the story(s) so far have been awesome. cant wait to try out some of the new stuff, even though i have not even come close to finishing the stuff now XD haha keep up the good work guys, hope to see even more success in the months to come

The amount of vast rage in this thread is insane. Nobody understands anymore that for an awesome game to be created of this size and graphics, people need a constant income to have their investors support it further.

This game has potential to be great and if you're blaming bioware for releasing an IMO near flawless game because it does not have flying ponies or w/e then please have patience xD

Support this game, this game will win, quit now en-masse and wait forever for the next MMO you'll **** up with modern impatience.

Edited by Dathran

something i would like to see in the updates to come (if it is not here already) is a way to drop the UI when you take screen shots. if there is already a way to do it, please let me know haha, every screen shot i take has my menus and all the stuff up on it. i would like to get some nice uncluttered screen shots. hmmmm all in all thats really my main concern that i can think of right now. i have really been enjoying the game and the story(s) so far have been awesome. cant wait to try out some of the new stuff, even though i have not even come close to finishing the stuff now XD haha keep up the good work guys, hope to see even more success in the months to come

I believe Control+U hinds your hub... Might be wrong on that but I think that is how you do it

The FPS complainers may not be alone, but they hardly speak for the majority... my FPS is no problem at all. Only place I get issues is on Coruscant in the Black Sun territory. And that's only when a bunch of people are running through it and all the enemies have spawned to fight the guards

Glitches like this will be fixed in time... for my money though, despite the naysayers, Bioware DOES listen to the community. Legacy system details, refitted UI, guild tank... these are all things we've requested

BUT FOR TO WHY DID NOT I HAVE DIS AT TEH LAUNCHNESS?!!@$!@!1112

Because it wasn't working? Chill man... you'll get it, this is one of the most well-funded and well-staffed games ever. This isn't STO where the crew consists of Ten People grinding out content for the c-store :p this is a game with the vast resources of LucasArts and EA at their disposal... whats not to like?

Edited by GratuaCuun

something i would like to see in the updates to come (if it is not here already) is a way to drop the ui when you take screen shots. If there is already a way to do it, please let me know haha, every screen shot i take has my menus and all the stuff up on it. I would like to get some nice uncluttered screen shots. Hmmmm all in all thats really my main concern that i can think of right now. I have really been enjoying the game and the story(s) so far have been awesome. Cant wait to try out some of the new stuff, even though i have not even come close to finishing the stuff now xd haha keep up the good work guys, hope to see even more success in the months to come

alt + z

The amount of vast rage in this thread is insane. Nobody understands anymore that for an awesome game to be created of this size and graphics, people need a constant income to have their investors support it further.

This game has potential to be great and if you're blaming bioware for releasing an IMO near flawless game because it does not have flying ponies or w/e then please have patience xD

Support this game, this game will win, quit now en-masse and wait forever for the next MMO you'll **** up with modern impatience.

If EA wants me to beta test their products they can pay me.

Not the other way around.

Towards the end of the video, the individual speaking said that they always listen to the community because the game is for the community.

New content is all well and good, however I believe I am not alone (in fact far from it) when I say that the community would like the ability to enjoy the current content. We can't do that when our fps is as big as a problem as it is now.

There have been thousands of posts referring to unplayable frames per second and the issue of the engine used to run this game. This is what I would like to see added to the game - a fix to where the majority of the gaming community subscribing to play so we can actually play effectively.

Please don't write the communities cries for a fix off as a situation in which most of us are simply running lower - end hardware. Most of us came from another MMO, in which there were no issues like this on our machines.

I'm pleading with you to listen and acknowledge this. I cannot enjoy the content now with this issue going on, so all the work and thought that goes into any new content fails to reach my priority list. Again, I know that I am not alone on this. I also know that those of us who share this sentiment are not a small and isolated group. We are a significant population of your paying subscribers. I would also suggest that many of us are probably wondering if a continued subscription is the best option for us given the situation.

Please address this, I love this game as many of those in the same situation do. We want to play, but we can't - at least not in the capacity that makes playing worth our effort. I (we) do not want to see this game fail. I for one, cannot continue to pay for a game I cannot fully enjoy where the reason is on the part of the engine and not my hardware.

FPS also a BIG issue for me and makes it unplayable at times....:(

the engine on this game makes the machine so dam hot too....:( NOT good, and none of my other MMOs does this - Aion, LOTRO, Rift etc.

when I get my main machine back this week from the repair shop maybe the problem will not be so bad (on laptop now) but am not holding my breath....

BTW - this game has the potential for greatness with more content density (especially solo), dye system, guild banks, UI customisation and a much smoother engine...

everything else is stunning - will keep supporting so that you have the chance to sort all these things out....

GL BW and thanks!

:D

A 2-part Flashpoint? So Epic? You're not the first company to have done this! Guild banks, UI customization? Stuff you should have added since day one! Listening to the community? Riight.. You guys are practically the new Tanaka team from FFXI! Fail Edited by Twilight_Sea

Dear: Star Wars The Old Republic HQ and Fanbase.

-You Know What This Game Really Need's Its Day Cycle and Weather To Make It Feel More Real. Like The Sunset Of Tat or The Night Skyline Of Courscant.

-More Species We Would Love that. I Mean Who Wouldn't? Grrrrr Wookie!!! Rodian, Calamari, Trandoshan, Nautolan, Bothan.

-Open World Sandbox Like SWG. Because Tat Itself Was Probably The Biggest Planet Of All and Corellia.

-Make More Classes Like Engineering, Entertainer, Make Bounty Hunter Neutral So It Can Collect bounties From Both Factions Same For Smuggler and Work For Both.

-Add Mini Games/Activities Swoop Racing In Tat, Gambeling In Nar Shaddaa.

-I Love Space Flight Its Easy and Fun But I Would Also Like To Explore You Know Like Intense Spaceflight Dog Fight.

-More Customizable Clothing Items, Space Ship Look.

-Add More Planets like Kashyyyk, Mutafar Cause I remember That On Swg There Was Old Republic Ships And Stuff on Mustafar. Naboo. Dantooine. Geonosis. Yavin 4. Lego. And Dathomir.

-Als Last But not Lease Housing But Dont Make To Complicated.

You Guys Probably Think Omy God When Is this Person Going To Stop. :)

P.S I was a lil Bit Upset Wit Courscant. Its Probalby The Biggest Planet In Star Wars And I Was Really looking Foward To Explore But You Guys Only Showed 4% Of The Planet I Feel. I Really Want This Game To Take Over W.O.W and Every MMO.

Please Add More Of What You'll Like To Be Added Cause We Together Can Make The Game Better/Funner/Longer/and A Memory

-You Know What This Game Really Need's Its Day Cycle and Weather To Make It Feel More Real. Like The Sunset Of Tat or The Night Skyline Of Courscant.

-More Species We Would Love that. I Mean Who Wouldn't? Grrrrr Wookie!!! Rodian, Calamari, Trandoshan, Nautolan, Bothan.

-Open World Sandbox Like SWG. Because Tat Itself Was Probably The Biggest Planet Of All and Corellia.

-Make More Classes Like Engineering, Entertainer, Make Bounty Hunter Neutral So It Can Collect bounties From Both Factions Same For Smuggler and Work For Both.

-I Love Space Flight Its Easy and Fun But I Would Also Like To Explore You Know Like Intense Spaceflight Dog Fight.

-Add More Planets like Kashyyyk, Mutafar Cause I remember That On Swg There Was Old Republic Ships And Stuff on Mustafar. Naboo. Dantooine. Geonosis. Yavin 4. Lego. And Dathomir.

P.S I was a lil Bit Upset Wit Courscant. Its Probalby The Biggest Planet In Star Wars And I Was Really looking Foward To Explore But You Guys Only Showed 4% Of The Planet I Feel. I Really Want This Game To Take Over W.O.W and Every MMO.

Please Add More Of What You'll Like To Be Added Cause We Together Can Make The Game Better/Funner/Longer/and A Memory

I Like How You Do That Thing With The Capital Letters.

(However you have some very good points!)

Edited by Gibbzter

well said - just add in the increase in solo content and the FPS fix and we would all be as happy as a bunch of dogs with two d**ks each LOL

:D

Edited by fitzgibbonmd

zOMG!!!! that 2.14 min video made me forget how crap this game really feels compared to wow, unless you a StarWars nerdogeekyfanboi....

ahh..................... not really, still not resubscribing.

P.S. Imps have fun with your 4 hour pvp ques :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.